PDA

View Full Version : Facebook connect for iOS not working?

Skeletonlord
09-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Hey all,

Drew asked me to connect to FB from within game, so I tried to do so but it would not let me connect. The screen comes up for about a second then it is gone.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to activate or something I need to do?

-skeletonlord

DocDoBig
09-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Try to shutdown your device and do it again, simple but worked for me.

I had the same issues.

Skeletonlord
09-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Try to shutdown your device and do it again, simple but worked for me.

I had the same issues.

Has not helped. Still having problems connecting.

drewcapu
09-13-2013, 04:32 PM
I am running BD on an iPad mini.

My main problem is that I have at least 2 fb friends (skel being one) who I know have or have had BD installed, and yet neither show up as FB friends within the BD app.

When I first installed BD, I wasn't able to send a FB invite to either of them because I think think they both had installed BD before I did. At some point in the last few days, I've been able to send a a FB invite via BD app to both of them. But I don't see why there is even a need to send skel an invite since he already has BD installed and is actively playing it. Shouldn't he automatically show up as a FB friend within the app?

Does adding people via GameCenter help?

DocDoBig
09-13-2013, 04:47 PM
I am running BD on an iPad mini.

My main problem is that I have at least 2 fb friends (skel being one) who I know have or have had BD installed, and yet neither show up as FB friends within the BD app.

When I first installed BD, I wasn't able to send a FB invite to either of them because I think think they both had installed BD before I did. At some point in the last few days, I've been able to send a a FB invite via BD app to both of them. But I don't see why there is even a need to send skel an invite since he already has BD installed and is actively playing it. Shouldn't he automatically show up as a FB friend within the app?

This is because Skelli did not, or rather couldn't, connect BD with his Facebook account - means although he has both the ''system'' does not know that he does.

I am speaking as an Android user so I can not really speak of experience with GC, sorry. But I'd prefer the Facebook variant since it gains you free Achievement Pearls (only).
While you're at it, mind adding me as well? :)
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?115456-Facebook-Achievements-Add-me!

Regarding Skelli:

Has not helped. Still having problems connecting.

Hmm, what connection are you using - from my own experience I had no real problems getting in, even with 3G/HSDAP mobile connection.
Try to be logged in FB while you try to connect with BD.

Skeletonlord
09-14-2013, 01:01 AM
Doc, I am connecting with wifi. I am definitely logged into FB while I connect. I had problems logging into Facebook in another game and I had to change the permissions to allow contact with that other game. I'll check this out.

DocDoBig
09-14-2013, 03:05 AM
Doc, I am connecting with wifi. I am definitely logged into FB while I connect. I had problems logging into Facebook in another game and I had to change the permissions to allow contact with that other game. I'll check this out.

Hmmm, maybe you clicked ''Not Allow'' someday or so.

This is what I found:
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions/

Maybe it could help you.

Skeletonlord
09-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Okay. I was right in the first place. Didn't really understand that page.

Here's how to sort out permissions if your trying to connect and it doesn't work.

1. Open the app "settings" on your device.
2. Scroll down and click on "Facebook".
3. You will probably find by default when you have BD installed and you haven't done these steps, "Battle Dragons" will be off. This means no BD contact with Facebook. Turn BD on.
4. Open "Battle Dragons", and press the button "Facebook login". Connections will now work, and Facebook will work.

Thanks for the help Doc!