PDA

View Full Version : CTF - dont shoot, just flag & TDM raise the fraglimit

Robhawk
09-14-2013, 06:02 AM
@CTF:
Devs PLEASE delete ALL of the flag-APs! 9/10 games today: You enter the game, nobody shoots, everybody flags... this is ******** !!!

@TDM: Please raise fraglimit to at least 50, the spare good games shouldnt end that fast!

Bless
09-14-2013, 06:32 AM
I see a lot of games where: Theres ALL maxed people on one team, 3 mauls, 2 samaels and 2 maxed mages etc. Nobody attacks and they are just protecting the flagger. if someone from other team attacks, they get ganged.

I just leave and join another game, no biggie :)

Robhawk
09-14-2013, 08:27 AM

But joining 10 games and to be forced to leave 9 of them is annoying! :(

gison
09-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately, this issue cannot be solved. .-.

Bless
09-14-2013, 10:15 AM
But joining 10 games and to be forced to leave 9 of them is annoying! :( I know robby its frustrating so i give you permission to join my pro games LOL

Frohnatur
09-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Lol yeah. Im still working on my 10k kill achiev while everybody else is already at the flag achiev. I know how u feel. One suggestion is to try join pvp at a different time u usually do. This should bring up a different bunch of people and maybe theres more fighting going on.

Soundlesskill
09-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Don't remove 10k flags ap. some people worked hard for that.

Agree with Miracle, hate when I always join those game, disagree with the part of it not being a biggie..

Bless
09-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Don't remove 10k flags ap. some people worked hard for that.

Agree with Miracle, hate when I always join those game, disagree with the part of it not being a biggie.. You can always join other games, adding hardcore pvpers to your friend list also helps

Soundlesskill
09-14-2013, 07:25 PM
I don't want hardcore players on my friendlist and it doesn't always help joining other games T_T

"I'll just flag"

Noisykillar killed Player

"NOOB"

Frohnatur
09-15-2013, 02:15 AM
aaaah, i know what you mean... though it happens not often to me. lol

Alfai
09-15-2013, 06:08 AM
Its no one fault but the basis of the game framework.pvp is not about flags.its about killing others.it where competitive play (perhaps easiest and less brainer) occurs.this is where you get to feel or say im good or better than others.this also perhaps how you do self evaluation to progress your toons.what we do in the end on the take out of our engagement with the game can be right or wrong,slow or fast but not necessarily similar among us.in fact maybe the only thing to flag now in pvp hall purely for achievement without adhehering to the concept of a ctf play.worse flagging now is deemed as an act of prevention to major lost in a match without a literal act of leaving the room.

Its all about killing and avoid being killed for pvp.so perhaps a rename of the pvp room is adequate to change how people view ctf.

And its not dev fault too that the thoughtful design of ctf mechanic has ran far from its intended purpose.the game essence has changed and evolving and dev is keeping with the flow to please all (example by hosting 2v2 duels tourney by killing the othr team.not to flag win as thts wht people do in pvp now).

And with the current flow but having the flag ap around still cn be viewed as sts effort to change players mentality.we never know but its not necessarily wrong.

So if we seek for flag-to-win-match ctf room now cant justify that.means you wont get what you seek regardless whats right or wrong.

Just sharing my 2cents.

gundamsone
09-15-2013, 08:55 PM
If you're going to blame anyone, blame your all mighty guild and blame your friends.

Play solo and you don't have to deal with non of this nonsense but you'll make dozens of enemies every day that will have your head put on a bounty list.
I shake my head these days when i'm getting the feeling that I should feel bad killing people who are after APs on the opposing team.

Frohnatur
09-19-2013, 10:38 PM
If you're going to blame anyone, blame your all mighty guild and blame your friends.

Play solo and you don't have to deal with non of this nonsense but you'll make dozens of enemies every day that will have your head put on a bounty list.
I shake my head these days when i'm getting the feeling that I should feel bad killing people who are after APs on the opposing team.

I totally agree. thats bs.

When I started to collect flags for my 1k flag achievement (long time ago), I got killed so many times that it ruined my kdr forever. I didn't complain, because I understood that thats the part of the game.

Nowadays when you kill a flagger, you got an angry mob at your a$$.

Taejo
09-19-2013, 10:47 PM
I totally agree. thats bs.

When I started to collect flags for my 1k flag achievement (long time ago), I got killed so many times that it ruined my kdr forever. I didn't complain, because I understood that thats the part of the game.

Nowadays when you kill a flagger, you got an angry mob at your a$$.

Froh speaks the truth, and so does Love (to a certain extent). Not pointing the finger at Robhawk, because I don't know him/her very well. But generally speaking, the 'pro' PvP guilds are mainly to blame. They are selfish enablers who don't care about the game's overall health but rather only their own goals and ambitions.

Daily scenario:

- I join CTF game.
- I kill an opponent with the flag.
- Them: "WTF??? We're going to farm you noob. I got pro team coming"
- Me: "Ok"
- Kill player with flag again.
- Fight "pro team" for awhile and watch the immature trash talk fill up the chat box.
- Leave game.

I also ignore the unwritten rules and protocol of these guilds attempting to set up "flagging games" or "flagging rooms". That's just stupid - play the game right.

gundamsone
09-19-2013, 10:58 PM
It's such a simple fix...

Take out the Join button
Hide the name tags
Remove the ability to chat to the opposing team
& maybe have everyone wear similar armor (blue team's armor, and red team's armor)

Soundlesskill
09-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Yup

Frohnatur
09-20-2013, 12:58 AM
yep

gundamsone
09-20-2013, 02:46 AM
yar

imho01
09-20-2013, 03:00 AM
It's such a simple fix...

Take out the Join button
Hide the name tags
Remove the ability to chat to the opposing team
& maybe have everyone wear similar armor (blue team's armor, and red team's armor)

This feels like playing with an AI.

Zeus
09-22-2013, 05:59 PM
This feels like playing with an AI.

Not really... how so? Everybody can fight each other and strategies are different. You can still chat with your own team to strategize, but one cannot chat with the other team.

Hopefully it'll cause more kids to break their devices in frustration because they can't throw their insults at the opposing team. :D

Taejo
09-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Hopefully it'll cause more kids to break their devices in frustration because they can't throw their insults at the opposing team. :D

Indeed.

Zeus
09-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Indeed.

Then we wouldn't have to deal with those types of players anymore either! :)

It's a win win, haha. :D

Xstealthxx
09-24-2013, 04:37 AM

Yep

Merching
09-24-2013, 05:30 PM
i see a lot of games where: Theres all maxed people on one team, 3 mauls, 2 samaels and 2 maxed mages etc. Nobody attacks and they are just protecting the flagger. If someone from other team attacks, they get ganged.

lolololol