PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking the daily blessing system

Kingzila
09-14-2013, 05:18 PM
So basically what this is all about is removing the one spot elixirs like 1x damage and those kinds and just putting them all in to unique and custom new Combo elixirs. This would not only make spending plat and playing fun again. It would also make the daily blessing more well a blessing then a oh I mite get something good

So like many 76 players I hate the day when I get on pocket legends to get my daily blessing and i get a xp or defense damage blessing. Getting said blessing instantly means that day of playing on that account is not going to happen unless I want to buy combo elixirs so I can run hard areas of interest.

Now don't get me wrong when I'm below the cap and leveling the xp elixir can come in handy but once you've capped it's useless really. But this is not just about the xp elixirs or other one spot elixirs no this is about tweaking a system that's been there some time now without change.

So how would one go about tweaking this said system that choice what elixir you get daily at random?
Simple add more elixirs or better yet make the elixirs better like adding maybe a re-roll elixir to the 5th day spot or maybe better luck to the fifth day. This would also make players want to play more to get there elixirs for that 5th day. But what about the other 4days you are probably asking?

Well for those 4 days I can maybe see some new and better elixirs on them like a combo elixir that's like damage 2x and 2x xp 20% better re-rolls (with said elixers you would not be so crippled by getting a bad day or so of elixirs because they all could benefit you in some way or another because there costomly made for things like maybe lvling/fighting bosses/ farming / completing quest / and other things. So what they would end up doing is getting more players online playing and helping each other more often.

So yah so if you have some thoughts on how to make this better for everone

Zentry
09-14-2013, 05:22 PM
True DAT.

Aerospacegod
09-14-2013, 06:16 PM
I like Al's daily system.

You can get 4 blessing per day(1 every 24 hours and the other every 8). They give out pets, and potions, and frequently re-roll elixirs. Unfortunately the elixirs last 30mins(but when you get one every other day it's not so bad).

If you had even a small chance at a pet here on day 5 pretty much everyone would set an alarm to login and check. Right?

Roberto077
09-14-2013, 07:34 PM
There is an option called having fun. Basically, you don't use elixirs!

Caiahar
09-14-2013, 08:25 PM
There is an option called having fun. Basically, you don't use elixirs!
I soloed AO1 today on Dexaldin :D
Man it was HARD.. Especially since I'm 40 and I'm a rhino with no elixirs. I had to go through a ton of mana pots, and bosses took quite of a time.
I have lotsa armor, 2 heal skills, 3 armir buffs, my health barely went down. It seemed like the bosses only affected my mana, not health XD

Actually I called it quits at the last AO1 map, I was to tired out :P
But still nonetheless it was fun!

Roberto077
09-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Man it was HARD.. Especially since I'm 40 and I'm a rhino with no elixirs. I had to go through a ton of mana pots, and bosses took quite of a time.
I have lotsa armor, 2 heal skills, 3 armir buffs, my health barely went down. It seemed like the bosses only affected my mana, not health XD

Balefort Sewers without elixirs is really fun. Shadow Caves can be fun but they're also annoying :/

Duflie
09-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Balefort Sewers without elixirs is really fun. Shadow Caves can be fun but they're also annoying :/

Lol spent around 2 hours today in shadow caves. Did the traditional run with a party starting from victory through the cave. It was really enjoyable.

Extreme
09-14-2013, 10:58 PM

AO is really fun to solo, but inside the pyramid not black places tho..

Kingzila
09-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Yah and there this thing called hard areas like anything past fang you need a elixir to run or you will need a group to run it. And shadow is HELL and I mean HELL without elixirs or 76s like me and others helping wile running it.

Kingzila
09-14-2013, 11:07 PM
True DAT.

Yah it just made sence to do it and it would make running and playing WAY fun to do with lower and highers in areas

Oxymoron
09-15-2013, 05:18 AM
Nice topic this, maybe devs can tweak blessing and plat store elixirs in such a way that different types of daily blessings grant a different discount off plat store elixir. For exapmle, if a player has 1.5dam n decides to compliment it with a combo elixir, maybe he can get it for 5-6plats instead of normal 8 ( crazy dumpster )....the discount being a rebate to offset his daily dam elixir.

In a perverse sort of way, i actually think thats gonna increase plat sales.

Caiahar
09-15-2013, 08:04 AM

Shadow caves with pugs is annoying if there isn't people who know how to play class.
Balefort sewers, I don't like doing gold fever and cockroach with pugs. Someone always has to destroy the garbage and heal roach.

All for one, and one for all.

Roberto077
09-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Shadow caves with pugs is annoying if there isn't people who know how to play class.
Balefort sewers, I don't like doing gold fever and cockroach with pugs. Someone always has to destroy the garbage and heal roach.

All for one, and one for all.

Always do pre-mades.

razerfingers
09-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Sewers is fun when you get one hit by the exploding sewers lmfao.... NOT!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

BlueSkied
09-15-2013, 08:59 AM
I'm under the impression that plat-buyers receive better blessing luck.

Roberto077
09-15-2013, 10:46 AM

That isn't true. Just soz ya knowz.

Caiahar
09-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Sewers is fun when you get one hit by the exploding sewers lmfao.... NOT!

Nooooo! More fun when theres a 71+ person using ESB, and bomb explodes same time as fire traps!!!

razerfingers
09-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Nooooo! More fun when theres a 71+ person using ESB, and bomb explodes same time as fire traps!!!

Lmao i want an ESB and run around helping noobs in like forrest haven and blowing them up by accidentlly on purpose. :D trololololopolololol

Kingzila
09-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Nice topic this, maybe devs can tweak blessing and plat store elixirs in such a way that different types of daily blessings grant a different discount off plat store elixir. For exapmle, if a player has 1.5dam n decides to compliment it with a combo elixir, maybe he can get it for 5-6plats instead of normal 8 ( crazy dumpster )....the discount being a rebate to offset his daily dam elixir.

In a perverse sort of way, i actually think thats gonna increase plat sales.
In guild halls you can already do that

Kingzila
09-15-2013, 12:37 PM

I did 4 hours of black smoke with sham and big luck elixir and got nothing and I buy plat a lot. Its just the luck of the drop really or the vanity luck items you wear.

BlueSkied
09-15-2013, 01:59 PM
I get at least 2-3 1.5x or better and I buy it weekly. Idk. I also collect from <15 toons.