PDA

View Full Version : Why exactly is kiting warriors so taboo?

Jenvy
09-15-2013, 12:31 AM
I just gotta ask... Why do so many warriors take offense to being kited in pvp?

I mean, let's think logically here.... Why would anyone let someone else wail on them if they could skillfully slip out of range during a warr's biggest attacks?

IMO, there really isn't much skill involved in standing still and attacking until one's health or mana runs out. It's essentially just a test of one's gear.

I mean really, if you want a stationary target, go back to pve. Or better yet, go play SL, where ALL the classes are ranged. You chose to play a predominantly melee class. No point raging when you can't hit things that are outside your killzone.

o_O

Taejo
09-15-2013, 03:16 AM
I just gotta ask... Why do so many warriors take offense to being kited in pvp?

I mean, let's think logically here.... Why would anyone let someone else wail on them if they could skillfully slip out of range during a warr's biggest attacks?

IMO, there really isn't much skill involved in standing still and attacking until one's health or mana runs out. It's essentially just a test of one's gear.

I mean really, if you want a stationary target, go back to pve. Or better yet, go play SL, where ALL the classes are ranged. You chose to play a predominantly melee class. No point raging when you can't hit things that are outside your killzone.

o_O

They take offense because they realize they just got beat :) I applaud sorcs and rogues who know how to effectively kite. It's a skillful tactic that has been around since UO and EQ. If the warriors you're up against are complaining and making a huge deal of it, tell them they need to learn how to prevent it or escape from it through proper PvP builds and tactics. Juggernaut and Skyward Smash are two skills that come to mind when counter-attacking the kiter.

Crowsfoot
09-15-2013, 08:15 AM
Actually confused by the term kited

-no
09-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Make the warrior chase you around. Picture flying a kite.

I did the same to many warriors, several get mad and call you a coward. They say your running. And if you pick up a health pack in ctf, they really get mad. I think those that get mad about it just have poor pvp skills and because they found someone they couldn't easily kill.

iluvataris
09-17-2013, 11:37 AM
I <3 kites

Cero
09-17-2013, 01:55 PM
I rage when many rogues mage kite on me cos its annoying but i cant blame them. Yes i called some runners lol.

Honesty, if im calmed and they kite me, i would say this guy is a pro.

Uicheusa
09-17-2013, 06:47 PM
There is a pet called Ethyl, period.

iluvataris
09-17-2013, 10:38 PM
SHHHHH Uicheusa ganna spoil it for other rogues, for me on the other hand i use razor shield with the upgrade to remove all movement impair effects : )

Crowsfoot
09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
SHHHHH Uicheusa ganna spoil it for other rogues, for me on the other hand i use razor shield with the upgrade to remove all movement impair effects : )

Axe throw> skyward smash> stun from hammerjaw.

Balls in your court

iluvataris
09-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Health pack>HJ counter stun>aimed/nox/aimed/nox >charge attack stun >razor>aimed/nox while retreating backwards = dead warrior

Taejo
09-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Warriors(x) = [ -b ± sqrt(b^2 - 4ac) ] / 2a

Your move...

iluvataris
09-18-2013, 05:42 PM
I give up warriors win

Cero
09-18-2013, 05:45 PM
QQ = kill denied.

iluvataris
09-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Actually QQ is basically rage quit,
death means nothing to me 24k deaths so my Alt+Q+Q is a : )

Cero
09-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Actually QQ is basically rage quit,
death means nothing to me 24k deaths so my Alt+Q+Q is a : )

haha prolly a misunderstanding.
and yes i meant Alt+Q+Q when you quit a game, mostly i use it on starcraft not rage quiting.
as my QQ = kill denied, his combo is useless:)

edit: somehow i type quest instead of quit Zzz

iluvataris
09-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Lol omg grew up player all blizzard battle.net games hehe

Ebezaanec
09-18-2013, 08:36 PM
X/0 = ?

Rogue Crit is X