PDA

View Full Version : @STS: Bugged Passive Skills. Is there no fix??

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Hi STS ladies and gentlemen, I assume you already know that this kind of bug is in existence for quite some time now. We, as players, especially the premium buyers, would like to know if there is a plan to fix this glitch? Or is there another "old thread" for this that I may seem not to notice?

Bugged Passive are Might, Armor, etc. Well I'm a Warr so I don't know with some Passive that aren't working either.

We really need those skills. It's a big help for our toons. Thanks.

Veluthe
09-15-2013, 12:37 AM
There isnt a bug. They dont change stats on stat page but you can notice difference and effects in combat.
I agree they should prolly show on stats page cus alot of players ignore them due this fact.

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 01:45 AM
So even though it doesn't change the stats, there is a difference in damage and dmg intake?

My guildmates actually tried resetting their skills and concluded that there is no difference.

For example, one of them, tried resetting passives and removed the passive armor, then tried on elite dungeon. The dmg from the mobs didnt change accdg to them.

Psykopathic28
09-15-2013, 01:56 AM
So even though it doesn't change the stats, there is a difference in damage and dmg intake?

My guildmates actually tried resetting their skills and concluded that there is no difference.

For example, one of them, tried resetting passives and removed the passive armor, then tried on elite dungeon. The dmg from the mobs didnt change accdg to them.

A possible reason for no to little change in damage is that the damage taken may have quite a wide range. For example, maybe a certain minions deals 300-500 damage, an area with well over a 5% range. This means that a 5% bonus most likely will not take the damage numbers you see to any great extent, but as many battles take you to below 5-10% health you can see how the points can still be of considerable use.

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 02:11 AM
So the only glitch on the characters' stat page is that when you add certain passive skills it doesn't seem to add up as what you can see on your stat list. However, it actually increased your stats on the battlefield.

Still STS should fix this. Not all of their players are aware of such invisible increase on stats, since almost, like 80% of the players doesn't care to read here in the forums.

Psykopathic28
09-15-2013, 02:13 AM
Yeah, I agree it would be nice to have it shown and I'm sure it's somewhere on their ever growing to-do list. I'm sure we can hope for something in the somewhat near to distant future but probably eventually.

Veluthe
09-15-2013, 02:31 AM
Yes vertuldo thats correct. And i agree it should show on stats page. As i said most players ignore these passives because stats page dont show. We can only hope devs will fix.

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 02:34 AM
Hope so. 'coz this glitch doesn't seem to get fixed. It has been like what? 2 expansions already? I know STS is aware of this and they have plans but let's hope for the best they fix it soon.

Kaytar
09-15-2013, 02:36 AM
Known Issues with Passive Abilities ( http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79913-Known-Issue-with-Passive-Abilities)

This was posted in December 2012... still no fix. -.-

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 04:12 AM
So..... Would that be 2 expansions and still no fix??

Kaytar
09-15-2013, 05:20 AM
I do recall it being an issue in the Dead City expansion. However, Im pretty sure its been a problem since the game's release.

KingMartin
09-15-2013, 05:29 AM
It would be nice if this gets fixed. Not just passives, also bonuses from certain gear and pets do not show in the stats.

Nvm the pets, but certain items are heavily underestimated because stats are not effected.

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 06:00 AM
Right. and to think this has been a long time challenge for STS to get fixed.

Alfai
09-15-2013, 06:42 AM
Agreed.i ustand how this is a dilemma since not all of us willing to spare so much efforts to monitor and analyze the complicated mechanics behind it.and it has no direct implication of being lazy as it is not contributing to a direct or reqarding outcome to the welfare of our toon its just a display matter If so.afterall its an entertainment product so if you dont invest hours to study (not playing and enjoying the rewards you seek) this regardless of background and choosing.

I cant comment much on sts behalf why is this not fixed.but i put my faith that it will be resolved in fact the solution or mechanics are complicated and many factors are involved such as resources perhaps.if dev can keep up with most of our request this long time problem is definitely not being ignored.its just the solution and process can be cobfidential and not meant to be discussed with players.

Like i said in other thread.perhaps a simple and nt so detailed update from sts to the community to put em at ease.i admit its not pleasing esp when new players notice this and opens up a thread.least those who aware can point them via link to offical sts update on this.

Alfai
09-15-2013, 06:43 AM
Agreed.i ustand how this is a dilemma since not all of us willing to spare so much efforts to monitor and analyze the complicated mechanics behind it.and it has no direct implication of being lazy as it is not contributing to a direct or reqarding outcome to the welfare of our toon its just a display matter If so.afterall its an entertainment product so if you dont invest hours to study (not playing and enjoying the rewards you seek) this regardless of background and choosing.

I cant comment much on sts behalf why is this not fixed.but i put my faith that it will be resolved in fact the solution or mechanics are complicated and many factors are involved such as resources perhaps.if dev can keep up with most of our request this long time problem is definitely not being ignored.its just the solution and process can be cobfidential and not meant to be discussed with players.

Like i said in other thread.perhaps a simple and nt so detailed update from sts to the community to put em at ease.i admit its not pleasing esp when new players notice this and opens up a thread.least those who aware can point them via link to offical sts update on this.

Energizeric
09-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Lord knows we've been waiting long enough........

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Long enough to give us a reason to... rant. lol

Crowsfoot
09-15-2013, 08:09 AM
I do recall it being an issue in the Dead City expansion. However, Im pretty sure its been a problem since the game's release.

Passive didn't exist untill season two (dead city) and few people realised because it worked for str, dex, and int (the only place people would spend 5skill points). The Kraken isles expansion (two esxpansions ago) was really when people started to notice.

Frohnatur
09-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Sts knows about it and said its on their todo list but doesnt have highest priority since there are other things of more pressing importance.

i guess fixing the wolfs lick/scratch behaviour is one of those things.

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Sts knows about it and said its on their todo list but doesnt have highest priority since there are other things of more pressing importance.

Hahahaha. and right you are.

Ujiolo
09-15-2013, 08:19 PM

hahahahaha