PDA

View Full Version : AL GUILD SYSTEM: Suggestions

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 04:06 AM
I assume all of us came from another MMORPG, have tried PC MMORPG or just gamers of the online world. We are all familiar of the so called guild system. Here in AL we have our own guilds, where we belong. Wouldn't it be nice if the guild system could contribute to our toons' progress other than just giving us discounted pots?

For example:
Guild contribution points - a point system in which all the members can acquire:
1 point each for completing elite dungeons, unlocking new maps, unlocking achievements, winning PvPs, etc.

It is called contribution points because it will be used to upgrade the guild.
If a member leaves or was kicked out and joined another guild, the contribution point of that player will reset to zero. This way, we can lessen guild hoppers.
Kicking out a member will now require a vote from, say, 3 officers and a vote from the Guild Master.

Also, the GM can now require a player for an amount of points to be promoted to an officer or recruiter rank.

Guild upgrade - there will be a point requirement for upgrading guilds.
example:
5000 overall guild points to upgrade to Lv2 and so on, up to whatever Lvl the devs want.

Overall guild points - the total contribution points of all the guild members.

When upgrading the guild, a certain amount of overall guild points and an amount of gold or plats(well, an income for STS) is required.
Each guild upgrade should unlock passive skills, a x2 exp or x2 gold drop buff which a member can purchase with gold or plats(another income for you STS). Exp guild buff is stackable with Exp elixir (more income, right STS?)

PvP guild room - a 5v5 team deathmatch from each guild can enter the arena. Kill all! Last man standing wins.
The winning team will get 50 guild points, and each winning player 1 contribution point. Losing team will lose 10 guild points.
This should be fun!

In this manner, we will see the top guilds of AL.

This is just my suggestion to have more fun in the game. Anymore suggestions for improving our guild system?

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 06:02 AM
We need more suggestions.

j3peaz
09-15-2013, 06:36 AM
How bout an ally that gives a buff. Length of buff depends on lvl of guild.

I saw in suggestion page the idea of a loan system and thought that would be good for a guild.

I always thought an in game message board would be convenient.

Am sure there are more ideas that would bolster guild involvement but can't think of more atm

Energizeric
09-15-2013, 07:46 AM
I would like to see the guild rankings on the leaderboards in the game instead of just here in the forum. That would be nice.

dopemonkey
09-15-2013, 07:54 AM
I would like to see the guild rankings on the leaderboards in the game instead of just here in the forum. That would be nice.
That's an excellent idea also an extra room in the hall just for officers n leader, to be purchased with plats obviously lol

Alfai
09-15-2013, 07:55 AM

I agree.since guild importance and role are among the factor to motivate playing it has to make significant exposure in game.so the coverage is expanding more than just player focus but also organization which hopefully resulting to a healthier competitive play and new activities content.

2minds are always better than 1.

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Yeah. We need the guild system of AL to be more of useful purpose. I think everyone would be so excited to have this kind of guild system. Such competition would drive old players back to the game just to see their guild on top. Plus, This would be another source of funds for STS.

keikali
09-15-2013, 08:36 AM
I'd definitely like a "Message Board" of some sort in the GH or when you log into the game and you are in a guild there would automatically be a "Message of the Day" that is short and on topic for all guild members who join.

For example: Keikali logs in and besides the usual STS, do not share your email/pw yadda stuff, after it you would see in either GREEN or another color that stands out:

Guild Topic/Message: "Elite runs tonight, get your pots ready. Have a good day!"

razerfingers
09-15-2013, 08:38 AM
This seens way too complicated. We arn't playing on PC its meant to be a mobile game.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Yes it is a mobile game, yet there are mob games that have multi purpose guild system. It is not that complicated. STS is a good game developer. Im sure they can make a better guild system.

Veluthe
09-15-2013, 09:45 AM
All of these are great ideas and would be nice!

some other things to consider:
More ways to represent guilds other than titles. Like a unique banner with respective guild names and/or logos.

More useful things in gh. Like our own cs, stash, board. A guild stash could be useful for members to donate unwanted items. They then could browse stash and if saw something wanted a master or officer could withdraw the item and give to member. Our own board could be were players can see how rank as guild or against other guild members.

And to elaborate on your idea. Perhaps for each new level reached or for x amount of contribution points the guild would recieve rewards as whole like a banner, x amount of gold or something.

Ebezaanec
09-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Like a unique banner with respective guild names and/or logos.

Unique banners will not be implemented due to lack of hardware space that STG would have to provide for everyone who makes one.

H2N said there was around this many guilds in Arlor.

Around 10K.

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 10:06 AM
10k guilds in all of AL? wow. That's a lot of players then. If that's the case, shouldn't STS be upgrading their hardware or apps or server to accomodate more expansions/updates?

razerfingers
09-15-2013, 10:46 AM
10k guilds in all of AL? wow. That's a lot of players then. If that's the case, shouldn't STS be upgrading their hardware or apps or server to accomodate more expansions/updates?

They do..

razerfingers
09-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Yes it is a mobile game, yet there are mob games that have multi purpose guild system. It is not that complicated. STS is a good game developer. Im sure they can make a better guild system.

Name a game.

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Name a game? Bomb me by Efun. They have a guild point system though it's just a mobile a game.

razerfingers
09-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Name a game? Bomb me by Efun. They have a guild point system though it's just a mobile a game.

Do they also manage 5 games 4 of which are mmo's? Just sayin. See a small little idea like this costs them extra time and money so see it like this. You want dope *** level expainsions or do you want this system and then copy paste? The devs have to get paid so the company has a budget. Just throwing that out there :)

Vertuldo
09-15-2013, 01:53 PM
I am aware that it needs a lot of time, careful review of implementation, Devs' talent and strategy, and of course a budget. This is just a suggestion to make the game more of a competition and to have more fun. Im not saying they implement my exact proposal in an instant. Who knows, they may be planning it now as we speak. Furthermore, this is also one way for STS to gain more funds. Im sure they can regain the budget it cost them to have this kind of update in one way or another.

Drearivev
09-15-2013, 02:12 PM
I was thinking of guild leaderboards, but Idk if that would be hard to implement. Like see who has the most PvE kills, CTF flags, which group in the guild did the fastest Hauntlet run etc. in the guild.

razerfingers
09-15-2013, 03:54 PM
I am aware that it needs a lot of time, careful review of implementation, Devs' talent and strategy, and of course a budget. This is just a suggestion to make the game more of a competition and to have more fun. Im not saying they implement my exact proposal in an instant. Who knows, they may be planning it now as we speak. Furthermore, this is also one way for STS to gain more funds. Im sure they can regain the budget it cost them to have this kind of update in one way or another.

I dunno just saying i'd rather have dope *** expansion then this little feature.

sparky0624
09-15-2013, 10:36 PM
We need more suggestions.

Heck, I would just like to talk to all of my guild members, even when they are offline.

Mordir
09-16-2013, 08:44 AM
if i could change the guild system i would go for this:

1. allow alliances to be woven between guild's in some fashion.
2. point system in guild for help and so on.
3. change the ui to something with filter's for bigger guilds

those are only my 2 cents tho

Vertuldo
09-17-2013, 02:59 AM
We can only hope that the devs may take this kind of proposal seriously. This should be more fun than reaching the cap with full mythic items and then wait for another expansion or keep farming malison eggs with great dependency on your luck. Lol.

Kaytar
09-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Basicly similar to Thren's Guild Skills Idea thread. ( http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?85655-GUILD-S-SKILLS!-idea&highlight=guild+skills+idea) :)

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 12:31 PM
I personally am always craving more guild competition whether it's monthly pvp guild wars, a points system to increase guild rank (attributes would create more imbalance) but gold and plat and other things can be used as rewards, message boards, increased member roles inside guild, more additions and features inside guild hall. There are so many guild features that can be added to stimulate competition, the merchant market, and just overall bond if guild and players.

Personally I think you nearly hit the nail on the head with this post. I strongly support upgrading guild features.

Tehh
09-19-2013, 04:59 PM
The guild share stash!

The owner of an item put the item in the share stash, member can take it for a time period of 30 minutes, then It will be thrown back into the stash!

Or the owner can confirm if somone can use it, and customize the time..

The owner of this item may retrieve the at any time..

I personally think this is a great idea for farming ( sharing Lep ) or for mythics, and it can help low lvl players!

Vystirch
09-20-2013, 01:36 AM
Here are a few links of threads that have covered the subject quiet thoroughly in the past. I for one am and have always been a string advocate for better guilds, and social systems.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?85655-GUILD-S-SKILLS!-idea/page5&highlight=Guilds
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?82945-THE-ULTIMATE-GUILD-suggestions-for-guild-upgrades&highlight=Guild
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?82184-lt-Arcane-Fellowship-gt-feedback-on-what-we-want-to-see-improved-in-guild&highlight=Arcane+fellowship

-Vys