PDA

View Full Version : Lock Item in Inventory

Energizeric
09-15-2013, 07:28 AM
How often do we hear the complaint that someone deleted/liquidated an item by accident?

There have been suggestions made in this forum before that there should be a way to lock certain inventory items from being liquidated by accident, but nobody has ever made a suggestion that would be easy for STS to implement without a very large programming addition to the way your inventory functions. Until now that is.....

So here is the solution:

We have 4 loadouts in our inventory. Items like a heraldic armor that we keep to wear as vanity would be included in one of our loadouts. Upon attempting to delete/liquidate any item from inventory, the system will check to see if that item is included in any of your loadouts. If it is included in one of your loadouts, then it will not permit you to liquidate that item and you will instead receive a popup message "This item is included in one of your loadouts and cannot be liquidated."

This "lock" would NOT apply to trading an item or listing it for sale in the auction house.

Drearivev
09-15-2013, 07:40 AM
4 loadouts? o.o Do we have 4, or does the suggestion involve 4 loadouts?

Besides, when you liquidate an item, it shows up twice. First you click the bottom, "sell for X" and then a pop-up comes and says again "sell for X".
I don't really understand your idea because of the loadout stuff, but just a simple lock would do imo :)

Energizeric
09-15-2013, 07:48 AM
4 loadouts? o.o Do we have 4, or does the suggestion involve 4 loadouts?

Besides, when you liquidate an item, it shows up twice. First you click the bottom, "sell for X" and then a pop-up comes and says again "sell for X".
I don't really understand your idea because of the loadout stuff, but just a simple lock would do imo :)

Yes you have 4 loadouts/memory slots in your inventory screen. You never noticed them?

Alrisaia
09-15-2013, 09:44 AM
This is needed.

Veluthe
09-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Would be useful. :)

Notice that you can buy back liquidated items as well though.

Taejo
09-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Great idea, Energizeric. Seeing as I just had an issue with this recently, I am fully in support of this being added.

Notice that you can buy back liquidated items as well though.

Yes, this is correct. However buy back's list completely clears itself once you enter another zone (town, area). So if you liquidate an item in City of Kelys, don't realize that you've made a mistake, and then teleport over to Kraag City, you just lost the item you accidentally liquidated.

Alrisaia
09-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Great idea, Energizeric. Seeing as I just had an issue with this recently, I am fully in support of this being added.

Yes, this is correct. However buy back's list completely clears itself once you enter another zone (town, area). So if you liquidate an item in City of Kelys, don't realize that you've made a mistake, and then teleport over to Kraag City, you just lost the item you accidentally liquidated.

was thinking of you :(

Taejo
09-15-2013, 02:15 PM
was thinking of you :(

Yes, thank you. This month alone I know three people who have accidentally liquidated collector's gear (heraldic, founders, etc.) including myself. Customer support is just hanging up the phone (metaphorically) on our requests to get the items back. Nice way to treat people who help pay for this game (specifically talking about those I know).

A deterrent system must be implemented.

Energizeric
09-15-2013, 05:49 PM
This way would be very easy for them to implement because it uses features that already exist. It would only require a simple check to be programmed in. I'd guess this is a very simple fix.