PDA

View Full Version : Chat modes

Jakis
04-30-2010, 03:28 PM
In the update that just went live, you can tap the top of the screen to switch chat modes between one, three, and nine lines. I tried this out with tap to move and virtual joystick without any troubles, but I'm curious to see what you think, or if you have any issues with it.

Also, in the next app store update, chat will be multiline (chat lines will wrap to the next line.)

Thanks for playing!

SirDarkened
04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Also, in the next app store update, chat will be multiline (chat lines will wrap to the next line.)

Thanks for playing!

I've been waiting for that... Thank you.

nerdherd
04-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Yay for multi-line chats. Does this mean we'll be able to type a little more at a time too? Often I find myself needing a few more words to finish what I want to say.

Obliteration
04-30-2010, 06:17 PM
I will think scrolling would help, but it's a nice improvement.

Jakis
04-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Yay for multi-line chats. Does this mean we'll be able to type a little more at a time too? Often I find myself needing a few more words to finish what I want to say.
It will seem like it. The number of characters will be the same, but half of them will wrap around instead of going off the screen. ;)

Endless
04-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Woot! Sentences with more than 5 words! Now I can really complain about work!:p

btutterrow
04-30-2010, 11:32 PM
EXCELLENT update.

Splurd
05-01-2010, 12:16 AM
I think that when you type a message, the text should auto pop out to 9 lines. So I can see the chat whilst I am typing, and once I finish my message I can go back into battle.

Jakis
05-01-2010, 12:47 AM
I think that when you type a message, the text should auto pop out to 9 lines. So I can see the chat whilst I am typing, and once I finish my message I can go back into battle.

That makes sense, I could probably even fit two more lines before running into the keyboard input. If I can do this without a code change I'll get it in one of the next couple content updates. Thanks. :)

Jakis
05-01-2010, 12:56 AM
I will think scrolling would help, but it's a nice improvement.

Scrolling will come later, after pvp. :)

Ogediah
05-01-2010, 06:23 PM

I'll second that motion.

Multi-line sound wonderful!!!!

Splurd
05-02-2010, 03:25 AM
This is highly reminiscent of the saying, shoot first and ask questions latter.

Demarrer
05-02-2010, 11:11 AM

And guilds!!!?