PDA

View Full Version : Still no success

Deke
09-16-2013, 03:52 AM
Good morning everyone,

I would imagine that you all are getting pretty tired with my "Loot Re-roll" whining. But where else can I go to find the answer? I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here.

Again this morning I bought 25% loot re-roll elixir at a cost of 4 platinum. I ran a couple of the maps a number of times and 3 chests dropped. And that was it. My rogue, "Dinella", stood there and watched the chests, waiting for something to happen. Nothing happened. She moved closer to the chests thinking that might be the key to this elusive (4 me) "loot re-call". Well, of course it wasn't and the chests just went into inventory.

What am I doing wrong?? I am sure that the problem is me, not knowing what to do. But I can't think of anything else to do.

I have gotten good answers from you nice people before. Can someone, more familiar with the game than me", Brainstorm this for me?

Thanks everyone,
Deke and Dinella

IronMonkey
09-16-2013, 04:31 AM
Hmm, what you experience is what I call a "Expect a Better Loot Drop When Wearing Leprechaun Pendant Fallacy".

No one is immune to this kind of false belief even I have succumbed to sleepless nights thinking over and over again why did I get a rare item after an exhausting elite run.

How to get rid of this misbelief: Take a time off, do something else that's makes you happy and surely you'll mature and will not fall again from this fallacy.

Enjoy playing.

faychen
09-16-2013, 04:50 AM
For me, I blame my unstable ping. I notice that, boss drops have something to do with the "last" hit, who make the last fine hit that kill the boss has more "chance" for valuable drop. So I blame my ping that makes my skill delay most of the time. But I still play. : )

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk 4

Commanderkeen
09-16-2013, 05:33 AM
For me, I blame my unstable ping. I notice that, boss drops have something to do with the "last" hit, who make the last fine hit that kill the boss has more "chance" for valuable drop. So I blame my ping that makes my skill delay most of the time. But I still play. : )

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk 4

That's a myth. I've seen mages just sit in the corner of boss fights and do absolutely nothing and end up getting the best drop. It's all random. There is no little trick or anything to getting better loot.

Energizeric
09-16-2013, 05:53 AM
I think you all are misunderstanding the question. He doesn't understand how the loot re-roll works.

Deke: Once the chest has dropped and you see it sitting there in front of your rogue, then the re-roll has either already happened or it did not happen. It happens at the instant when the boss drops the loot. Here is a picture of how it looks in the chat log:

See the line in the middle that says about the re-roll? That is when it happens. So in the case of this picture, the player named Farfadoin would have gotten an epic item, but instead he re-rolled to a pink item and received a locked crate. It upgraded his loot to the next best rarity level.

As you see, the loot re-roll elixir only works 25% of the time. So that means 1 in 4 times (on average) your loot will be re-rolled. It doesn't tell you what you would have gotten otherwise, it just tells you what you now get instead. Some people would be lead to believe that it's a scam and does not do anything. However I can assure you that I've used hundreds of these luck elixirs in this game and they do work well and you get much better loot than you would otherwise. But it does not mean you get better loot every time. Sometimes you get a re-roll and the resulting item is still a bad one. Like instead of getting a white item you get a green item.

Prahasit Prahi
09-16-2013, 08:14 AM
today evening jus now i've 25%luck elixir from klaas and shazot and i equiped lepraunchan still i didnt get locked crate in those 30 min
:(
it depends on our luck :P

j3peaz
09-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Just as energizeric mentioned above, the reroll happens at the time of the loot drop. Nothing you can do to make it happen, it is chance. GL

keikali
09-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Yea strictly luck.

I remember when I didn't have either Lep or Lix and I got crates in mines doing dailies.

GoodSyntax
09-16-2013, 09:10 AM
This is not entirely correct.

Reroll give's you a 25% chance to roll for better loot anytime there is a drop. Now, this does not mean that you automatically go up in rarity level (i.e. Epic -> Legendary). All it means is that the server will recalculate another drop, and if it is higher in the loot table, you get a new drop. This also does not mean that you will always reroll every time.

Imagine a loot table with 100 slots structured in the following way:

1-60 - Common Items
61-80 - Rare Items
81-95 - Epic Items
96-100 - Legendary Items

Let's assume you roll an 82 - which would be an Epic item. You then have a 25% chance to roll again. If the number that gets rolled is a 68, then you do not see this reroll opportunity (since it rerolled for a lower level item). If, the reroll lands at a 89, then you get the rerolled loot, but it winds up being another Epic item. What everyone wants on their reroll chance is to roll to a higher level item, i.e., reroll to a 98, which would be a legendary. The mechanics of reroll does not guarantee that you will always reroll to a higher class item, just that you will reroll to a higher rarity item in the loot table.

The way the loot table operates is purely based upon drop percentages, so lets say slot 51 has a drop rate of 3.2%; whereas slot 55 has a drop rate of 3.1%. Technically, if you roll a 51 the first time, get the 25% chance to reroll a second time and land at 55, you have successfully rerolled for a item that is more "rare" per the loot table. In this example, both items are junk and would be liquidated immediately, so the net outcome for you the player is the 5-7 gold for the liquidated item.

Now, I have read on many threads (including some posts from the Devs) that sometimes, there is a secondary loot table which the reroll chance pulls from. From what I gathered, this secondary loot table shuffles in different loot along with some of the loot from the previous table. So in the case of Elite Rooks Nest Bael encounters, the first loot table could have a Malison egg residing in slot 100 (with, lets say a 0.25% chance), the secondary loot table could have Malison residing in slots 97-100, yielding an effective 0.75% chance combined between these three slots.

Occasionally, reroll can work against you. Take for example you reroll for a Golden Elite Warchest, which is considered an Epic Item. Given a similarly structured loot table, you could reroll to a Locked Crate, which is technically a Legendary Item with a lower drop rate. Now, obviously, farmers don't want the Locked Crate, they would prefer the Epic Warchest, but the way the mechanics are structured, you rerolled to a higher level (more rare) item, thus you have "won" the reroll sweepstakes.

TL;DR - Reroll only gives you a 25% chance to roll again for an item higher up in the drop table. It does not necessarily mean that you will move up in rarity level (i.e. Epic -> Legendary).

BTW: I reroll greens all the time with reroll and leprechaun pendant going. Reroll is not a promise for Legendary items.

j3peaz
09-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Good explintion, but I think u mean epics when you used elite in your first example

GoodSyntax
09-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Good explintion, but I think u mean epics when you used elite in your first example

You are correct....I am old and unfirm....so easily confused :indecisiveness:

I corrected the typos.

Venom
09-16-2013, 11:16 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?111050-Guide-The-Wheel-Of-LUCK!!-Luck-Rerolls-Loot-Drops-Explained!

This might help you understand the rerolls better ^^

LordDravek
09-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Its still hit or miss. I've seen people without lep or lix get pink after locked after pink...while there I am with both getting greens. Evidently they don't stack as expected?

Then again... I've had moments where I've gotten 3-4 locked in a single run. It's just not what most expect from 4 plat and a lep.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Energizeric
09-16-2013, 07:46 PM
This is not entirely correct.

Reroll give's you a 25% chance to roll for better loot anytime there is a drop. Now, this does not mean that you automatically go up in rarity level (i.e. Epic -> Legendary). All it means is that the server will recalculate another drop, and if it is higher in the loot table, you get a new drop. This also does not mean that you will always reroll every time.

Sorry to tell you, but although your method SOUNDS right, it is wrong. STS has made their re-roll an automatic upgrade. It should probably not be called a re-roll, but something else instead.

In Pocket Legends they have the same luck elixirs, but there they offer a 100% re-roll luck elixir, and when you get 100% re-rolls every single drop is a re-roll. I know this because you never ever see a green item from a boss when you are running with this elxiir, only epics and better, and every single time it says you have gotten a re-roll. The same bosses constantly drop green items, but you will never see a green item when you have the 100% re-roll elixir.

BTW, I am assuming PL & AL have the same type of re-roll system implemented. I have no reason to think otherwise since the terminology and naming is the same.

GoodSyntax
09-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Sorry to tell you, but although your method SOUNDS right, it is wrong. STS has made their re-roll an automatic upgrade. It should probably not be called a re-roll, but something else instead.

In Pocket Legends they have the same luck elixirs, but there they offer a 100% re-roll luck elixir, and when you get 100% re-rolls every single drop is a re-roll. I know this because you never ever see a green item from a boss when you are running with this elxiir, only epics and better, and every single time it says you have gotten a re-roll. The same bosses constantly drop green items, but you will never see a green item when you have the 100% re-roll elixir.

BTW, I am assuming PL & AL have the same type of re-roll system implemented. I have no reason to think otherwise since the terminology and naming is the same.

In PL, you are correct in that reroll always moved you to the next rarity level (Rare -> Epic), but that is not the case in AL. When reroll was first introduced here, there were a lot of complaints because it did not behave the same way everyone who was familiar with PL expected. This is the reason why in AL, you can reroll for a green all the time. It is not because you got a Common drop from a boss (which rerolled to a green), but rather, you simply rerolled to a higher position in the loot table, even though it was within the same rarity class.

Personally, I like the concept in AL much better, as I believe that reroll elixirs ruined the economy in PL. Even with all the Leprechaun amulets, free reroll elixirs and plat-based reroll, the economy hasn't imploded the same way that PL did when Alien Oasis, Sewers, Nuri's and Mount Fang were farmed to death by Big Luck, Shamrock Thrasher and/or Classy Looter parties. At least, here, paying plat does not guarantee that you receive pinks, leaving the non-plat players out in the cold to farm for the 0.0001% chance landing of a Lillith Wand pure...

iacito
09-16-2013, 08:15 PM

Actually, he is right, not only have the devs somewhat stated this. But many times while running elites, i have re-rolled a green item from the boss.

Taejo
09-16-2013, 08:15 PM

Eh, sorry Ener but I'm inclined to agree with Kalizzaa on this one. Simply because I've re-rolled for a green item on many occasions. The only way this is possible is if A) bosses have common (white) weapons/armor on their loot table which is doubtful or B) an elite copper chest (which is technically a common item) re-rolls into another loot table to give me a green weapon/armor.

katish
09-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Kalizzaa, love your posts :)

Energizeric
09-17-2013, 08:14 PM
In PL, you are correct in that reroll always moved you to the next rarity level (Rare -> Epic), but that is not the case in AL. When reroll was first introduced here, there were a lot of complaints because it did not behave the same way everyone who was familiar with PL expected. This is the reason why in AL, you can reroll for a green all the time. It is not because you got a Common drop from a boss (which rerolled to a green), but rather, you simply rerolled to a higher position in the loot table, even though it was within the same rarity class.

Personally, I like the concept in AL much better, as I believe that reroll elixirs ruined the economy in PL. Even with all the Leprechaun amulets, free reroll elixirs and plat-based reroll, the economy hasn't imploded the same way that PL did when Alien Oasis, Sewers, Nuri's and Mount Fang were farmed to death by Big Luck, Shamrock Thrasher and/or Classy Looter parties. At least, here, paying plat does not guarantee that you receive pinks, leaving the non-plat players out in the cold to farm for the 0.0001% chance landing of a Lillith Wand pure...

If what you say is correct, then the chance of getting a pink item with a 25% re-roll elixir and a 15% luck amulet would be 40% greater than without any luck boost. But if I run KM3 without any elixir I can spend hours there and be lucky to get a single locked crate. If I run with both of those items totaling a 40% luck boost, I typically will get at least 5+ locked crates in an hour. While leveling up to 36, I spent about 8 hours in KM3 (all with luck elixir and luck amulet) and I looted 50 locked crates and a nexus egg. I suspect if I had no elixir or luck amulet, I'd be lucky to have looted 5 crates.

The math does not support what you say. The math supports that I am getting a huge boost on my chance of getting a pink, because 40% of the time I am getting an epic item, that item is being upgraded to a legendary item. Since epic items have a much higher percentage drop rate than legendary in the drop table, my total chance of getting a legendary item is boosted exponentially.

Let's suppose the drop rate for each color rarity for a certain boss looks like this: 65% rare, 31% epic, 4% legendary -- I'm guessing the real numbers are somewhere in this range. 1 out of 25 drops being legendary sounds about right for running with no luck boost.

If your theory was correct, then whenever I got a re-roll, I would have a 4% chance of landing a legendary item during the re-roll. Since I'm only getting that re-roll 40% of the time, that means I only boost my chances of getting a legendary item by 1.6% (simple math: 4% of 40% = 1.6%). So running with 40% luck boost I now have a 5.6% (4% on first roll + 1.6% on re-roll) chance of getting a legendary item instead of 4% without any luck boost. However, I think we all know that we get a much greater luck boost than that when we run with a luck elixir and/or amulet. Nobody is spending all that plat for a lousy 1.6% extra chance of getting a legendary item.

If my theory is correct, then 40% of the time I get an epic item, it would be re-rolled to a legendary item.... 40% of 31% = 12.4%. So in my theory, the total chance of getting a legendary item would be 16.4% (4% on first roll + 12.4% on the re-roll). So that would mean approximately 4 times greater chance of getting a legendary item than without any luck boost (16.4% with luck boost compared to 4% without luck boost). I think we all know that this is around where the real figure lies. Anyone who runs both with and without luck elixirs, especially in places like KM3 or Jarl, knows that your chances of looting a legendary item with the luck elixir is much much higher than without.

And BTW, the reason these luck elixirs have not ruined the AL economy like they did in PL is because there is no 100% shamus elixir. If there was, we would be looting legendary items like crazy and the prices would crash.

Energizeric
09-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Eh, sorry Ener but I'm inclined to agree with Kalizzaa on this one. Simply because I've re-rolled for a green item on many occasions. The only way this is possible is if A) bosses have common (white) weapons/armor on their loot table which is doubtful or B) an elite copper chest (which is technically a common item) re-rolls into another loot table to give me a green weapon/armor.

Read my last post, especially the part about how the math works. I know it's a hard read, but it explains everything in great detail. I'd guess the answer to your question is "B". And yes, I have had the same experience of looting a green item in a re-roll and being annoyed. It's kind of like looting a locked crate from a boss and wondering if it was an upgrade from an elite golden chest.

Taejo
09-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Read my last post, especially the part about how the math works. I know it's a hard read, but it explains everything in great detail. I'd guess the answer to your question is "B". And yes, I have had the same experience of looting a green item in a re-roll and being annoyed. It's kind of like looting a locked crate from a boss and wondering if it was an upgrade from an elite golden chest.

If it's not intentionally set up that way, sounds like an error in the code setup for re-roll - e.g. the system is seeing "Elite Copper Chest" (white item) and thinking "Oh, upgrade it to a green!" without realizing that chests are all ready above green weapons/armor. I don't know, just my perception. Unfortunate for us if that's the intended way it works.

Wutzgood
09-17-2013, 08:35 PM
You can also reroll and just get a bigger pile of gold with no item dropped. Its happened to me a bunch of times while farming.

Energizeric
09-17-2013, 08:38 PM
You can also reroll and just get a bigger pile of gold with no item dropped. Its happened to me a bunch of times while farming.

Actually no, I think you dropped an item and didn't see it and thought you only had gold. Sorry to tell you that it was probably an egg which are sometimes hard to spot, and your pet won't pick those up.

Wutzgood
09-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Actually no, I think you dropped an item and didn't see it and thought you only had gold. Sorry to tell you that it was probably an egg which are sometimes hard to spot, and your pet won't pick those up.

I've seen it happen a bunch of times. I wouldn't miss an egg and I always check for the drop. occasionally the gold pile gets bigger and no item drops.

IronMonkey
09-17-2013, 10:49 PM

As a side comment on this to avoid missing out on important loots, before, I suggested that eggs/chests/crates should be shown in our mini-map as blinking dots. So that we will notice that there's something important thats not yet picked up.

Energizeric
09-17-2013, 10:55 PM
As a side comment on this to avoid missing out on important loots, before, I suggested that eggs/chests/crates should be shown in our mini-map as blinking dots. So that we will notice that there's something important thats not yet picked up.

Excellent idea. But yes, you do not re-roll gold. If it says you had a re-roll, then some loot did indeed drop. Either your pet missed it, or it's a crate/chest/egg that you missed.

Wutzgood
09-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Lol I go back to check. Others I've played with have seen it happen also. Sometimes an item does not drop and only a gold pile. Its rare but it happens.