PDA

View Full Version : Spectator Mode for PvP

Venom
09-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Many people do 1vs1 or 2vs2 in PvP maps and others wanna watch! (That sounds kinda dirty when you think of it :p) The problem is, players end up hitting the spectators. Can a spectate mode be added while in PvP map? Maybe if you join as a spectator, you can enter even if a map is full. If you are already in map, maybe a command /spectate which turns you invincible/invisible and nobody can hit you and vice versa. All you can do is browse/fly thru the map with a fixed/free camera and watch what's going on without interrupting the game. Counter strike has this option of spectate.

Bless
09-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Agreed

Energizeric
09-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Look up my idea I posted last month for the 1 on 1 arena. It included a spectator mode.

Osabevie
09-16-2013, 03:16 PM
+1 this would be great I could learn tactics, watch 1vs1 it would add so much to the experience of pvp :)

Spyce
09-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Maybe when you die, you can spectate for a little.
Or just to join a PvP and spectate.

Aracnus
09-16-2013, 05:41 PM
This is included in many MOBA(s) style games (Smite, LoL, etc.). I don't know if this would be a good addition to an MMORPG (due to the short battles, matches, and not as exciting graphics/skills)

murderu
09-17-2013, 02:53 AM
This is included in many MOBA(s) style games (Smite, LoL, etc.). I don't know if this would be a good addition to an MMORPG (due 8to the short battles, matches, and not as exciting graphics/skills)
actually this is been implemented i mmorpg too ,i used to play it on pc where they had a tournament every month where u can enter by bying an invitation scroll with gold or by finishing a quest then going to the king too get the invitation scroll ,and the player who won gets a mythic weapon for a month was kinda free rent of the weapon or gold i remember it was 50 gold but gold was hard to get in that game ,plus they had every race with its own tournament this way players dont say other races are over powred than theirs ,we had 4 kind of races warriors ,archers ,magician and night walkers.anyway if wana be a spectator all u have to do is enter the arena from a special portal.im not sure if i can say the name of the game or not .

Aracnus
09-17-2013, 07:33 AM
actually this is been implemented i mmorpg too ,i used to play it on pc where they had a tournament every month where u can enter by bying an invitation scroll with gold or by finishing a quest then going to the king too get the invitation scroll ,and the player who won gets a mythic weapon for a month was kinda free rent of the weapon or gold i remember it was 50 gold but gold was hard to get in that game ,plus they had every race with its own tournament this way players dont say other races are over powred than theirs ,we had 4 kind of races warriors ,archers ,magician and night walkers.anyway if wana be a spectator all u have to do is enter the arena from a special portal.im not sure if i can say the name of the game or not .

That's another thing man! All games that have this function implemented are on PC. PC gaming has better graphics, and more exciting battles/skill effects.

Endroids
09-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Spectating would be cool :D

MoloToha
09-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Spectating is possible in admin mode, so in fact, it is already implemented, but only for admins.

SacredKnight
09-27-2014, 06:38 PM
Look up my idea I posted last month for the 1 on 1 arena. It included a spectator mode.

Sometimes....I think you look through all your old posts and cross reference them with current ideas just to make that comment ^_^

Xeusx
09-27-2014, 10:51 PM
Nice necro.

Arachnophobik
09-28-2014, 02:06 AM
Great necro! Never thought its been suggested already. Huge +1

Dex_addict
09-28-2014, 03:39 AM
Love it, great idea especially as a time killer for a break from farming and even useful for ppl that wanted to gain a few tips n tricks and learn from better players, there's no better way to learn than by watching.

MoloToha
09-28-2014, 04:37 AM
Omg it was a necro lol, haven't even noticed))

Fiayalia
09-28-2014, 06:49 AM
I think the idea is quite a good one, seeing as this development would disallow the supposed "spectator" to be hit by people playing and POSSIBLY die. A smart incentive...