PDA

View Full Version : Elite Skull Cove/Bloodhammer woes

Khylan
09-17-2013, 10:22 AM
This encounter was brutal to solo, I don't think I will be able to sit for a week :disturbed: I will probably have nightmares about squidmen with pistols for a long time...

Energizeric
09-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Not meant to do solo.. Haha!

This dungeon was by far the hardest of any dungeon that has existed in AL. Of course now that it has only scaled to level 30 and we are level 36, it's a bit easier. But this is the reason why the rarest items that exist in AL are the level 25/26 Kraken Skewer mage weapon. I'm guessing there are probably only a few dozen of all types of them in existence. Most players only did this dungeon once during the Kraken campaign so they could get the achievement.

keikali
09-17-2013, 03:44 PM
You did this solo?

My god, are you mad?

Khylan
09-17-2013, 10:59 PM
You did this solo?

My god, are you mad?

I spent about 60 plat for the 15 sec invulnerable revives, 15 seconds sure goes by fast when surrounded by 20 squidmen with guns..I didn't make my rogue until late into Kraken expansion, so I didn't have any elites besides Mardrom when Nordr launched---So I decided to see how many I could get solo since finding a group for achievement killing would probably be pretty tough.
I am all caught up a least to this expansion...I still need everything elite besides Ashral Heart, but hey, finding a group for current content shouldnt be too rough!

Alrisaia
09-18-2013, 05:49 AM
what pulls did you use to solo this?
this map is by far my favorite in al due to how challenging it is and the unique strategy involved.

Khylan
09-18-2013, 11:59 AM
what pulls did you use to solo this?
this map is by far my favorite in al due to how challenging it is and the unique strategy involved.

For the most part like other elites, charged nox/AS + bow and kite around. If there are less that 5 mobs I will blender it (dodge and duration) with charged shadow piercer..

Honestly, it was more zerg than anything else. I would not have been able to clear the trash on the way to Bloodhammer if the invulnerable revive wasn't available, there are just too many squidmen with guns.

Bloodhammer wasn't bad at all, much easier than bugged Arena Bloodhammer...I'm sure being level 31 is a big part of that. To make it easier, I ran to his area and worked backwards to clear, once he spawned I did the normal kite/avoid gun/bombs until adds popped. I died pretty fast, so revived and tried killing the encounter adds by the zone out to Dragon's Jewel, but they just kept respawning--it seems the respawn doesn't stop unless BH is engaged. I ended up just kiting adds and BH around in an oval pattern between his spawn point and the arch leading into BH's area (the reset point). I didn't pop razor shield until I took damage (which was pretty much all the time..) which put me at 60% dodge and gave me enough time to heal potion back up.
It was harder than it probably needed to be, If I wasn't so plat poor (sale wru!) I would have just bought a 60 min combo elixir (would have probably saved me money in hindsight). I did it with just a luck elixir and Slag as a pet. I have 4 points in run speed too, with Slag + runspeed I don't miss the elixir speed to much.

I haven't done any of the Shuyal elites solo yet except Ashral Heart, which isn't too bad as long as I pay attention. I tried Inan'hesh but I can't kill the adds fast enough to beat the enrage timer.

GoodSyntax
09-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Wow! Solo!?!

I don't really even want to give it a try with a group.

This is one of those maps that is challenging because of the sheer mob volume. Strangely, I had a similarly difficult time with Elite Arcanum Grounds - it is by far the most difficult of the Dead City map to solo...at least for me.

Perhaps I'll give it a shot. I've soloed all elite maps until Kraken and a few of the Nordr maps, so I just might take it on. I'm sure it won't be fun...

Valkiryas
09-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Elite Skull Cove Was easy for me, I beat tha map in just 29 minutes in Solo Party, is easy.

If someoneo need that archivement can search me in game.

IGN: Valkiryas

Cost: Nothing ( Well only what i'll spend on potions ) :)