PDA

View Full Version : Loot mechanics in Shuyal - devs please respond

Frohnatur
09-18-2013, 12:12 AM
In any other map than shuyal I believe if there is a dropping minion all of the party gets a loot. In shuyal this is different. Only one or two get something. Same goes for the chest opening in those maps.

I would like to know how that works.

Does only the one player who eventually kills a minion get a loot? Or the one who opens a chest in the map?

How is the difference compared to other maps? What is the mechanics behind it?

Thanks for reply, STG

Morholt
09-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Everyone gets a roll on everything. Bosses are guaranteed to drop something. The random little monsters & chests aren't guaranteed to drop you something, so everyone in the game has their own CHANCE of a drop.

Energizeric
09-18-2013, 06:40 PM
You have to be somewhat near the boss to get a drop, so if you die and you respawn at the bottom, and the remaining group kills the boss far away from where you are standing, you won't get a drop as you are not close enough.

Frohnatur
09-18-2013, 11:06 PM
You have to be somewhat near the boss to get a drop, so if you die and you respawn at the bottom, and the remaining group kills the boss far away from where you are standing, you won't get a drop as you are not close enough.

yeah, I know that. What I am talking about is: 4 players work on kill a dropping minion. Only one or two of the players get loot after the minion is killed. This is different in, lets say, Death city. All players nearby get something.

Oh, and btw. the loot drop rate is much much much lower than in any other map. Wich I like, because it makes finally even some epic stuff expensive.

Just make an experiment and you know what I mean:

Run for half an hour shuyal normal.

The run death city.

You will instantly understand the difference I am asking about here.

j3peaz
09-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Other maps are like this where sometimes only one or two or three party members get a drop

KingMartin
09-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Other maps are like this where sometimes only one or two or three party members get a drop

I also think the drops are pretty random on the maps. Until yesterday I thought that in Oltgar, you can get drop only from elite archers there. But I was surprised to get Vixen from one of the dreaded pigs near Frostir