PDA

View Full Version : Scam attempt today

Terracio
09-19-2013, 01:32 AM
First a little backstory, other day I was selling a mythic item and somebody offered a really good price (without haggling) and I entered trade, when I almost confirmed the transaction I noticed he had actually taken a zero out. Sadly this was very unexpected and I didn't have to take screenshots.

Today I'm selling an item and again I get a very good offer and quickly recognized the name, same guy. This time I entered trade but was more than ready to get proof if he tried again...and that he did. STS should definitely look into this and make the process of reporting a bit easier and have less consideration for trash like this (especially if one has proof).

IronMonkey
09-19-2013, 01:58 AM
One of the members of the "Remove Zero Scam" guild has surfaced. Lol When will these guys stop?

Terracio
09-19-2013, 02:06 AM
What's worse is if I wanted to report him formally I couldn't, you can notice I said "come", it was to report from character inspection screen but he was hiding somewhere. Only other way I know to report is using /report command but that only assumes its inappropriate language or something, not many details.

Merching
09-19-2013, 02:06 AM
You're not the only one whos been exposed. You should be glad you didnt fall for it.
I also think sts should pay more attetion to cases like this.

Btw one of my friends lost more than 7m, when he tried to sell a hammerjaw for 8m. The guy swap the 8m to 800k.

Take care.

chitgoks
09-19-2013, 03:31 AM
guess it's time to switch skills ;) from pve killer to scammer ... he he he

Energizeric
09-19-2013, 03:49 AM
A solution to this issue is to fix the "confirm" button in trades. I'm sure you all have noticed that it's bugged. Sometimes you have to press the confirm button like 5 times to get it to work. So you press it, and it doesn't work, so you try again. Then the confirm button on the next screen is in the same spot, so sometimes trying to spam the button to get it to work results in you bypassing the second screen all together without getting a chance to really see the final transaction.

eeknoh
09-19-2013, 05:15 AM
Had quite a few very similar situations recently. Its really getting frustrating. I'm really at a loss as to why sts hasn't done something to help alleviate this. So many complaint threads, and idea( commas please...)

Alrisaia
09-19-2013, 05:39 AM
doesn't /inspect work also?

Prahasit Prahi
09-19-2013, 06:37 AM
I dont understand y dont sts takes action on these scammers
u know we feel like leaving the game and sts doesnt even bother abt those scammers and they roam freely scamming others,enjoying
I get irritated when I see them I jus bang my phone simly the sts support doesnt work on scammers I've never ever seen one scammers account banned
U guys wont know the feel abt losing gold we are the who farm that hard gold and non platinum users like me farming from months and loosing the gold in a sec we jus QUIT QUIT

this need to be changed this method needs to be changed something like we will post the pics so that u get proof and ban them thats it!!!
no mailing to support nothing jus posting pics and ban them we feel much more happier and happier
we need this method of mailing to support and waiting for their replies in the mean time the scammer scams another 10 people and roams happily this method need a change
CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE needs to be changed
seeing many players quitting so sad :'(

Joncheese
09-19-2013, 07:10 AM
We get this EVERY day. Unfortunately there are an abundance of players that dont look at the game the way most of us do. I have a feeling that STS will just say 'check the confirmation screen more clearly'. Because ultimately you are given a screen to double check the amount. I would urge you to check this and double check this like i do......

I HATE to say this, but you're only scammed when you dont check. And if you dont check, then ur foolish as hell. Sorry for being so harsh :(

Spyce
09-19-2013, 07:25 AM
You're very intelligent for not falling for this scam.

Maunyabastian
09-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Scammers make this game fun.

chitgoks
09-19-2013, 08:13 AM
how about a conspiracy theory? ;)

majority of these scammers are from sts ;)

thats why the currency comma has never been implemented

its so easy to do but nothing has been done.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Frohnatur
09-19-2013, 08:22 AM
One solution to make scams likes more obvious, is to add comma to the numbers, as it is common in banking.

vs

Slappityslap
09-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Same guy tried to scam me with my mythic warrior armor.

Zeus
09-19-2013, 08:38 AM
For a second, I thought this thread was about me, lol!

Prahasit Prahi
09-19-2013, 09:15 AM

lol

JaytB
09-19-2013, 09:18 AM
One solution to make scams likes more obvious, is to add comma to the numbers, as it is common in banking.

vs

I suggested this very same thing a while back here...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=110689

Still waiting for a dev to chime in on that one.

I wish STS would be more strict with people who attempt to scam in any way, including this type of scam. I reported someone a while back for exactly the same thing, and I know for sure she was reported by at least 1 other person who she actually succeeded to scam. Yet she's still playing the game.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that STS doesn't care but there are simple to integrate solutions to this, suggested on these forums. It just doesn't seem high on the priority list sadly enough.

Another solution would be that you could only enter a gold amount once and if you want to change it, you got to re enter trade.

Emmacheese
09-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Haha so did I :fox:

Justg
09-19-2013, 09:22 AM
Commas are a good idea. We'll put it in the backlog to consider.