PDA

View Full Version : Arcane pet for a rogue

KingMartin
09-19-2013, 03:30 AM
We had polls for the best Warrior's and Mage's arcane pets.

Now, how about rogue who prefers PvE but every now and then peeks into PvP arena, too?

STS would you please add a poll for me? Thank you :)

Deadroth
09-19-2013, 04:52 AM
This is about pets friend? If not ask mod for moving the thread into rogue section :)

In the pets case. On rogue work any arcane pet, cuz any of them have Dex bonus in happines bon. If i had to, i would choose Sammy ofc.

Best wishes wid poll :)

Dead

Jenzz
09-19-2013, 05:54 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89791-Guide-Pets-for-Rogue

Soundlesskill
09-19-2013, 06:08 AM
Hammerjaw ofc

Zuzeq
09-19-2013, 09:48 AM
If you can't wait to stack up for Sam...HJ all day.

Kayoex
09-19-2013, 12:16 PM
As Dead said, arcane pets' happiness bonuses all supports Dex(and Primary stat ofc)

Rogues are smelling arcane pets.

I would choose Glacian , Firstly I like it so much, awesome pet, helps mana(adds and regen) and the 15+ Dex is found in both HJ and Glacian. Glacian Adds your crit chance, if you have aimed shot then you will kill your opponents easily. more +5 STR than HJ. HJ still gives more damage and is still a great pet =).

KingMartin
09-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Glacian 2, Hammer 1, Sammy 0 so far...

I was actually hoping for Samael recommendation lol :D

Thanks everyone for your votes :)

Taejo
09-19-2013, 01:04 PM
We had polls for the best Warrior's and Mage's arcane pets.

Now, how about rogue who prefers PvE but every now and then peeks into PvP arena, too?

STS would you please add a poll for me? Thank you :)

My arcane pet poll for warriors had only 1 person provide feedback. Many people voted for Glacian (which I completely disagree with) and didn't say why. Hopefully yours is more successful.

Anywho, I vote Glacian for Rogue. The mana incentives and +crit from happiness bonus, plus the +armor arcane ability seem very compatible with a Rogue's needs. Hammerjaw would be my 2nd choice. I just don't like Samael, but maybe I'm jealous :P

Soundlesskill
09-20-2013, 12:22 AM
Why glacian?....

Hjaw gives dmg and crit which is what a rouge need.

Why samael?

Banish only works in pve, they have no such thing as a crit or dmg or hp or mana boost using it's arcane ability.

Maunyabastian
09-20-2013, 05:10 AM
Hammerjaw.
Why? Hammerjaw released before Kraken Isles expansion. We know that season is rogue's season.
So IMO it is the appropriate arcane pet for a rogue.

bramer
09-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Sameal because:
1) He gives both 10% damage and 10% crit, both of which are extremely valuable to a rouge, and which none of the other arcane pets do
2) He has a passive health/mana regen ability that, if I'm remembering correctly, heals 147 health and 80 mana every two seconds at level 36. Which is like having pet that has a happiness bonus of 73.5 health regen and 40 mana regen.
3) His arcane ability, which has a 10% chance to kill a non-boss enemy, may seem useless but it is invaluable in elites; especially if you had 4 people with sameals :)

This is bramer - signing out

KingMartin
09-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Thank you all! :-)

I can only envy those that farmed enough dough to be able to afford all three!

What is the cool down of arcane abilities, please?

KingMartin
09-20-2013, 10:47 AM
And one more question - do the buffs from different pets stack (arcane pets of different breeds)?

:-)

KingMartin
09-23-2013, 04:14 AM
Guys, thank you very much for your feedback.

Unfortunately, one unexpected item changed my priorities for the moment.

This item is called: Twin Razorbacks :)

Deadroth
09-23-2013, 08:57 AM
The Twin Razors are nothin compared to pet in my thought... They will be useless in I or II expansions, but pet will be best forever... There will be new ones BUT none of them will have higher dmg ect.. :)

KingMartin
09-26-2013, 05:26 AM
The Twin Razors are nothin compared to pet in my thought... They will be useless in I or II expansions, but pet will be best forever... There will be new ones BUT none of them will have higher dmg ect.. :)

Don't worry buddy, temporary priority did not change my plans to welcome all 3 arcane pets in my stable with time. I know you are right :)

Emmacheese
09-26-2013, 05:40 AM
Sammy aka Brian all the way :unconscious: glacian has a great arcane ability but the cool down is 40 seconds. HJ and sammy are half that I think?

KingMartin
09-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Sammy aka Brian all the way :unconscious: glacian has a great arcane ability but the cool down is 40 seconds. HJ and sammy are half that I think?

Hey Emm! :)

Brian's going to be the first for sure!!! I know the advantages of Hammer AKA Bruce and Glacian AKA Barry but I need help with clearing the Shuyal mobs and Brian the Banisher is the way to go :D

Emmacheese
09-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Well I am a massive Brian fan as you know! Lol banish is the best skill in the game when not abused! And I love twisting Bruce (HJ) on bosses! Unfortunately Barry (glacian) for me is neglected purely because his arcane ability it's too long! Will be great when you get Brian! X

Erdnase
09-26-2013, 09:39 AM

According to the Guide: Pet System (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?77834-Guide-Pet-system), Barry only has a 25 second cd, same for Bruce, and Brian a 22 sec. Is this wrong or has something been changed since u last looked?

Emmacheese
09-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Pretty sure Barry (glacian) was nerfed as the cool down is over 40 seconds now :(

KingMartin
09-27-2013, 02:40 AM
Hmmm Barry nerfed? You sure your stopwatch has a fresh battery? :D

Jokes aside, if this is true then the choice is easy. On Chrome it is difficult to use the famous pet toggle cheat. ;-)

Taejo
09-27-2013, 03:39 AM

Jokes aside, if this is true then the choice is easy. On Chrome it is difficult to use the famous pet toggle cheat. ;-)

Hj's passive ability alone is enough reason to own him. I love this pet... the arcane ability is perfect all around: stat boost, cool down, and range. Glacian has a good arcane ability in theory, but the cool down and small range make it sort of "meh" for me. I use Dart for the 12 second cool down if I need damage reduction :P

Alfai
09-27-2013, 03:45 AM
RIBBIT!

Eew....

Joncheese
09-27-2013, 04:58 AM

Definitely true Queen, we would use him alot more if his cooldown wasn't so terrible (we refuse to use the resummon technique). My worry is that Glacian is becoming a show pet as such, i rarely see him being used anymore. Shame as hes an awesome pet really.

Zeus
09-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Why glacian?....

Hjaw gives dmg and crit which is what a rouge need.

Why samael?

Banish only works in pve, they have no such thing as a crit or dmg or hp or mana boost using it's arcane ability.

I have both and I can honestly say that I only pull out Hammerjaw now when I don't feel like feeding Samael 900 gold.

Hammerjaw, while useful for timed runs is growing less useful these days as most timed runs rogues/sorcerers already have him. Also, taking into account that you only need two people with Hammerjaw to twist it...any more is useless.

Now, why Samael? Well, on top of its normal attack, it has a poison attack that spreads with every tick and does 350+ damage with each critical. Now...that's like an additional CONSTANT razor shield thrown into the mix.

Also, when you group mobs in traps...Samael CAN banish all of them. Actually, I've seen it happen on many occasions. Also, don't forget how useful that AOE passive AND AOE arcane terrify/panic is. It literally freezes mobs so players can take them out.

IMO, it's Samael, then Hammerjaw, & then Glacian (which has to be one of the least useful arcane pets).

Zeus
09-27-2013, 02:05 PM

Actually, it's much easier to abuse it in Chrome using the hot keys.

You can press 5 while in stable and activate arcane ability. Also, if you're worrying about dying, don't! You can pot and fire skills while still in the interface.

KingMartin
10-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Actually, it's much easier to abuse it in Chrome using the hot keys.

You can press 5 while in stable and activate arcane ability. Also, if you're worrying about dying, don't! You can pot and fire skills while still in the interface.

Apollo, what is the hot key for stable? I know I for Inventory and C for Character, but how can I call Stable screen quickly?

I am not asking because I want to cheat with resummoning - I simply often forget to feed (I dont use Autofeed unless leveling up) or switch the pet before pull and I hate to be stuck in the middle of a pull with a hungry pet.

Thank you :)

Zeus
10-30-2013, 11:02 PM
Apollo, what is the hot key for stable? I know I for Inventory and C for Character, but how can I call Stable screen quickly?

I am not asking because I want to cheat with resummoning - I simply often forget to feed (I dont use Autofeed unless leveling up) or switch the pet before pull and I hate to be stuck in the middle of a pull with a hungry pet.

Thank you :)

I use my mouse as I don't know it either. :D

Farhazard
10-31-2013, 04:47 AM
how to make a new polling threads?

KingMartin
10-31-2013, 06:28 AM
how to make a new polling threads?

Start a thread, ask the moderators to add poll to it :)

Farhazard
10-31-2013, 09:32 AM
what threads should I create?

KingMartin
10-31-2013, 10:11 AM
You did right. Now patience :)

Farhazard
10-31-2013, 10:17 AM
You did right. Now patience :)

ty :)

DagnyTaggart
11-07-2013, 12:49 PM
I was trying to buy samael for about a week then gave up and ended up overpaying for HJ. Still I love HJ and while I may end up getting a Sammy someday I'm happy with my decision.

Hope whatever you choose works for you.

-Dag

Soundlesskill
11-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I have both and I can honestly say that I only pull out Hammerjaw now when I don't feel like feeding Samael 900 gold.

Hammerjaw, while useful for timed runs is growing less useful these days as most timed runs rogues/sorcerers already have him. Also, taking into account that you only need two people with Hammerjaw to twist it...any more is useless.

Now, why Samael? Well, on top of its normal attack, it has a poison attack that spreads with every tick and does 350+ damage with each critical. Now...that's like an additional CONSTANT razor shield thrown into the mix.

Also, when you group mobs in traps...Samael CAN banish all of them. Actually, I've seen it happen on many occasions. Also, don't forget how useful that AOE passive AND AOE arcane terrify/panic is. It literally freezes mobs so players can take them out.

IMO, it's Samael, then Hammerjaw, & then Glacian (which has to be one of the least useful arcane pets).

Twisting HJ is useful for timed runs. I'm an occational timed runner and my team still twists it, we don't need a pet that cab just be spammed liek a nubby. We like challenges, not that BS cheating. PKUS glacian stacks with HJ, and it's great.

Zeus
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Twisting HJ is useful for timed runs. I'm an occational timed runner and my team still twists it, we don't need a pet that cab just be spammed liek a nubby. We like challenges, not that BS cheating. PKUS glacian stacks with HJ, and it's great.

I use both Hammerjaw and Samael.

Voicy, I think you should just buy a Samael if you're having an issue. I've broken records as well without Samael. :)

DagnyTaggart
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Unless you know someone you may not find a Sammy. I spent a week offering 18m and never even got a counter offer.

Zeus
11-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Unless you know someone you may not find a Sammy. I spent a week offering 18m and never even got a counter offer.

I don't know of anyone stocking up on them right now. It may just be a shortage, honestly.