View Full Version : Hey STS want some $$$?

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 12:39 PM
I know you said mythic 2 seasons and arcane 3 seasons blah blah blah. Fact of the matter is I don't plan on getting lucky enough for arcane and I've had all these mythics since well before last season ended. In turn I have no reason to buy more crates. The arcane idc really, do whatever. The mythic armor and helms we upgraded so fine leave them alone also. Rings and amulets I think you could quickly implement 3 new mythic rings and a single new mythic amulet in crates that don't completely make the previous set obsolete but just give us a slightly better option like more speed less health or more crit less damage, any kind of variation really.

In the end this post really is just asking PLEASE don't make me wait another season for new mythics. Give me some reason to buy some more plat and open crates. I repeat new variations on mythic (not more arcane and arcane pet) just some kinda new mythic. For real though, I'm telling you how to take my $$$!!

H2N
09-19-2013, 12:41 PM
I know you said mythic 2 seasons and arcane 3 seasons blah blah blah. Fact of the matter is I don't plan on getting lucky enough for arcane and I've had all these mythics since well before last season ended. In turn I have no reason to buy more crates. The arcane idc really, do whatever. The mythic armor and helms we upgraded so fine leave them alone also. Rings and amulets I think you could quickly implement 3 new mythic rings and a single new mythic amulet in crates that don't completely make the previous set obsolete but just give us a slightly better option like more speed less health or more crit less damage, any kind of variation really.

In the end this post really is just asking PLEASE don't make me wait another season for new mythics. Give me some reason to buy some more plat and open crates. I repeat new variations on mythic (not more arcane and arcane pet) just some kinda new mythic. For real though, I'm telling you how to take my $$$!!

Noted.

Mrkronee
09-19-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure how to react to this.

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Noted.

Wow H2n that was fast :)

Taejo
09-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Psyko... I am sure they already have a plan to release new gear later on. We're only a few weeks into the Shuyal expansion buddy. They won't leave us out to dry, don't wory :) There's plenty of months ahead of us and I'm sure there will be sub-expansions/events.

falmear
09-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Probably having 1 or more mythic eggs in crates & elite golden puzzleboxes would be a good idea. They don't compete with anything that already exists. And I am sure people who don't have plat would like a chance to own a mythic pet. Though I too would like to see new mythic gear. Don't know what though because there are all kinds of people who will cry if something is marginally better then what they have.

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Yeah Taejo my main reasons for the post were like Falmear stated. A lot of people may complain that the mythic slots they choose to add to contradict the previous statement STS has made about mythics staying top for 2 seasons. I think that this was a great concept and a great effort by STS to give us gear with a little longevity, however I think it was a great concept with the 6-9 week seasons. With these new 3-4+ month seasons (or longer who knows what STS has in mind) however I and hopefully I am speaking for a lot of others that 2 seasons at that length is way too boring to use the same old stuff. I am perfectly content working for a few new mythic items every season. The arcane items I can still see holding value for 2-3 seasons because of the extreme rarity. They have done very well with the way they have declined the hooks stature. I just don't want a few complainers to slow down the introduction of cool new items for the rest of the community.

Taejo
09-19-2013, 01:23 PM
I took your post out of context, sorry. Well not to use your thread as a promotion stage, but I think Energizeric's idea of the Shadow Quest would be a great way to introduce new mythic/arcane items. It has casual elements to it that I think everyone would enjoy - and mimics the successful elements that PL had introduced.

Alrisaia
09-19-2013, 01:28 PM
I took your post out of context, sorry. Well not to use your thread as a promotion stage, but I think Energizeric's idea of the Shadow Quest would be a great way to introduce new mythic/arcane items. It has casual elements to it that I think everyone would enjoy - and mimics the successful elements that PL had introduced.

I agree Tae

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 01:33 PM

I haven't read that thread but I am open any ideas that introduces some new mythics. I just have been using lunar and blood ruby so long they are boring now. The helm and armor got the cool new updates and people who can only afford legendaries have lots of viable options even thought not top. This thread is directed more towards top players who I'm sure would like to have more viable options than same armor and rings for 8 months where I only switch to staff for the occasional situation that calls for it instead of gun. Not intending to whine or complain and this thread is definitely open to suggestions such as the one you mentioned. I'm all about any updates involving more pet / gear variety or anything that adds more competition such as the thread about the guild systems.

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 01:35 PM
Also do u have a link to lead me to that thread by chance Tae?

Tehh
09-19-2013, 01:42 PM
This would like, halfway ruin the economy for mythics, I think h2n was messing around though

Taejo
09-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Also do u have a link to lead me to that thread by chance Tae?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114281-New-quot-Shadow-Quest-quot

xcainnblecterx
09-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Noted.

This made lol. I like short and sweet responses

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 01:50 PM
This would like, halfway ruin the economy for mythics, I think h2n was messing around though

It would lower prices for old rings and amulets and allow more players to acquire them while adding in new expensive 1's for high end players to acquire. That's my logic but I'm in school for accounting not economics so someone else can figure that out. Haha :)

Energizeric
09-19-2013, 04:59 PM
I haven't read that thread but I am open any ideas that introduces some new mythics....

Read! haha

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114281-New-quot-Shadow-Quest-quot

And add a comment or two. I need feedback.

Energizeric
09-19-2013, 05:01 PM
And yes, I think players are getting tired of the same old thing of having to open crates to get good items. I realize STG has to make money somehow, so maybe a quest like the one I suggested would be a good thing for elixir sales. Imagine how many folks are going to buy luck elixirs if they have a chance to loot that rare arcane ring. I can't speak for others, but for myself I'd probably run the entire quest with a luck elixir, not only so I have a chance at looting the arcane ring, but also so I can re-roll upgrades to the crafting components. Remember that those crafting components are going to be in demand, and will sell for good prices.

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 05:31 PM
And yes, I think players are getting tired of the same old thing of having to open crates to get good items. I realize STG has to make money somehow, so maybe a quest like the one I suggested would be a good thing for elixir sales. Imagine how many folks are going to buy luck elixirs if they have a chance to loot that rare arcane ring. I can't speak for others, but for myself I'd probably run the entire quest with a luck elixir, not only so I have a chance at looting the arcane ring, but also so I can re-roll upgrades to the crafting components. Remember that those crafting components are going to be in demand, and will sell for good prices.

I did read and I actually really enjoyed the concept. Imagine instead of being 100 of each it was more like 250 and you had 1 for a ring 1 for an amulet and 1 for a sword or whichever weapon for each respective class.

Example :

Amulet, gem shards 177/250
Ring, gem shards 250/250
Weapon, ???? 78/250

For each you would also have to gather some metal for the base of the item

Example:
Ring, gold ore 12/15
Amulet , silver ore 25/25
Weapon, mythic steel 32/75

The 1st components would be gathered and taken to the smith at Nordr and he would be paid for his services.
The base components taken to an enchanter in Shuyal

Here's where a really big change I thought would be cool,
For each item sts would have the base stats; str,intel,dex,damage,dps (these would all show immediately upon the smith completing his work. Then for your final stat the enchanter would give you a choice or 2 amongst a variety of options.

Examples being :
5% crit
5% move speed
+3% damage
+75 armor
+200 health
3% mana regen
3% health regen
Applies poison damage on attack
10% chance to freeze target on attack
5% chance to reflect 25% damage when attacked

You could choose any 2 of a list of say 10. The items all would still be tradable and you can still only complete each quest one time.
After the season ends the items would then become discontinued and new bosses would come making drops for new items. The items would still be tradable and you could still only do the quest once. Talk about a way to incorporate gear variety right?
Since each of the 3 items have 2 components needed the new expansion would always require giving attention to each of the 6 new bosses to obtain the items. You would still have helm and armor and pets in crates.

I feel you really are into something and with a few tweaks, possibly ones I mentioned and possibly ones I didn't, along with some I'm sure sts will need to make to gain revenue this could be a huge exciting concept possibly incorporated into new expansions. It would create a balance from advantages gained by spending and advantages received from pure hard work.

You could even go a step further to make each separate item it's own quest each season also. This would contradict the discontinued items idea but there are many routes you could take this and make it awesome and fun.

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 06:03 PM
I think maybe to be a lil more clear on the components. Say for example the quests were incorporated in shuyal, the 250 piece components would be in quest form. You would get them each from a different boss in a different map. The smaller components would be pinks that drop from another boss and are tradable. Sizes chosen because of size of item.
Example
Shadow plains defeat boss 85% chance of getting a Ring, gem shard 15% chance getting a helmet
Forest breach - 25chance mythic steel. ___% chance locked crate ___% chance etc sorc
Forest if shades - 85% chance getting Amulet, gem shard 15% chance at pink armor
Undim fields - 25% chance gold ore etc etc
Shuyal tower - inan hesh 85% chance ???? Etc etc ashral heart 25% chance silver ore etc etc

Also giving inan hesh like a .05% chance to reroll a mythic charm that gives 5% damage and 25 armor for being in your inventory.

Something along those lines, you get the idea.

these last 2 replies both moved to the original shadow quest idea as well.

SpiritedAway
09-19-2013, 08:33 PM
As someone who just today purchased their first mythic (pavise), I'd like to throw in my two cents. I support new amulets and pendants, but not new mythic weapons (or another "mythic weapon weekend" for that matter). Newly introduced mythic weapons would surely reduce the value of the current mythics by a large margin. For those of us who farmed/merched the entirety of the past season, a depreciation in the value of the mythic weapons that we worked so hard to achieve would be incredibly disheartening.

However, I completely support the introduction of a crafting component into AL.

Please consider this viewpoint during your decision making STS.

Crowsfoot
09-19-2013, 09:35 PM
As a player who doesn't buy plat I would vote more elite based items...

Just saying, arcane eggs ate only in locked crates. But every single myth and arcane item from elite golds are in locked. Perhaps an arcane pet that is only elite gold loot? Give me some hope that running elite is important. (I cringe everytime I see a player who has all myth and arcane, yet has less than 20k pve kills. Lol)

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 09:40 PM
As a player who doesn't buy plat I would vote more elite based items...

Just saying, arcane eggs ate only in locked crates. But every single myth and arcane item from elite golds are in locked. Perhaps an arcane pet that is only elite gold loot? Give me some hope that running elite is important. (I cringe everytime I see a player who has all myth and arcane, yet has less than 20k pve kills. Lol)

Agreed. I open crates and all that but at least I got more than half my gear from farming and working for it. That was the basis of my suggestion is you could still get a lot of stuff from crates but for the awesome personalized ring / amulet from questing you would have to put in a tremendous amount of work. 250 pieces at 85% rate is a ton of elite boss kills. A noob could not acquire such an item except over a very long period of time.

Morholt
09-19-2013, 10:44 PM
I've posted in a thread some time ago about doing something like new mythics, but ones that are on the same lvl as the current ones.
Would give choices at end game and create a variety of builds.

Imagine something like an armor with 0 defense, +30% dodge, -20 damage, +20% crit, +stats for the intended class.

Make items with negative effects while having big other effects.

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 10:58 PM
I've posted in a thread some time ago about doing something like new mythics, but ones that are on the same lvl as the current ones.

Imagine something like an armor with 0 defense, +30% dodge, -20 damage, +20% crit, +stats for the intended class.

Negative effects for large positive effects is a good idea. I am a fan of anything that adds to variety as I said before :)

gundamsone
09-19-2013, 11:01 PM
How about no more armors and no more pets

Let people unlock a 9th Skill only from crates/golden elites.
I can just imagine the rants frustration and 100000s of crates being opened O M G

Psykopathic28
09-19-2013, 11:06 PM
lmao gundam

Taejo
09-19-2013, 11:29 PM

Hehe, you must be an old-time gamer? Many of the older, larger MMORPGs like EverQuest and Ultima Online used to have items like this. Stats like these really make you think about their potential to compliment your build and creates variety so we don't just go for the mainstream gear.

inkredible
09-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Noted.

LOL! i love h2n

CallMeOops
09-20-2013, 04:36 AM
Ah hopefully when the new mythic season out, I shall open my crates, hopefully just hopefully I will get my first mythic item (I don't count lep ammy)

H2N
09-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Noted.

And delivered... http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116913-2013-09-20-Content-Update-(130353)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116816-New-Mythic-Weapons-Weekend-Exclusive-in-Arcane-Legends-Sept-20-22

Psykopathic28
09-20-2013, 12:24 PM
And delivered... http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116913-2013-09-20-Content-Update-(130353)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116816-New-Mythic-Weapons-Weekend-Exclusive-in-Arcane-Legends-Sept-20-22

And I will have made a $55 purchase by days end. Thanks

Energizeric
09-20-2013, 03:05 PM

Yup, me too! :)

H2N
09-20-2013, 06:50 PM

Yup, me too! :)

Appreciate the financial support.