PDA

View Full Version : mages are really too underpowered..

Jsaieagle
11-04-2010, 04:03 PM
can anyone tell me what mages can do?

in pve, they died with one hit

in pvp, they died with one hit too..

any advances on mages?

Arterra
11-04-2010, 04:09 PM
rez. self combo. aoe madness and 2 hp restoring skills.

dude5390
11-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Mages r pretty good at healing and reviving :)

ArrowofLegend
11-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Mage is a support char, u can't except her to do dmg like a bird or take hits like a bear.

Royce
11-04-2010, 04:32 PM
I wrote a long reply but just deleted it because it made me too sad. Anyway yeah, the attribute imbalance hits Int mages hardest of all. Str and Int are just totally underpowered compared to Dex. At least if you consider Str allows you to equip high armor gear, that makes it more worthwhile, but Int is just totally worthless. Int mages are way underpowered compared to Dex mages and Str mages, not to mention every other class. They have the capability to unleash huge AOE damage, but that same ability will simply get them killed way too often in AO3. In PvP, AOE is much less significant, and Int mages have essentially no advantage to make up for the huge disadvantage of their incredible squishyness.
I think they need to fix the core issue with the attribute imbalance and maybe enhance some defensive skills (like mana shield) since giving them more armor doesn't really seem like an appropriate solution.

FluffNStuff
11-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Question, are you alternating blessing of vitality and mana shield? Might not be related, but the KEY to survival for a Dex bear is effectively alternating evade and iron blood. A completely unbufffed dex bear is dead in the water, would assume it is the same for mages.

j46g629h
11-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Mages r pretty good at healing and reviving :)

unfortunately most mage don't do it even spam heal

also heal only 8m area?

so mages have to stay close to tank lol

I really want to see how dev play int mage to kill OL without any pot

Inching
11-04-2010, 07:21 PM
... I can tell you now... the key to staying alive is in this order....

Buff => Mana shield => auto attack from afar => run in the middle => hot flash combo => health steal while running the hell outta there and turning OFF auto attack => heal spell spam like a motha

All that will let you live until you see the AO3 boss and in which case, hide behind a cornor and shield up and rez/heal/buff and hide again.

If yuor playing AO2 or below, just rush in like a bad @ss and clear... I can solo AO2 and below... BUT mind you I have to switch my gear sets when I do... When I enter a map my set is (Jacobs + Cos Robe + Keeper) and I clear or if its a lower level dungeon then (overloard + Cos Robe + Mirage) and when I hit the boss I use (Jacobs + Cos Robe + Eye + lazer) and I usually get the job done.... Its annoying to change sets while playing but thats the life of a mage.

Jsaieagle
11-04-2010, 07:37 PM
I wrote a long reply but just deleted it because it made me too sad. Anyway yeah, the attribute imbalance hits Int mages hardest of all. Str and Int are just totally underpowered compared to Dex. At least if you consider Str allows you to equip high armor gear, that makes it more worthwhile, but Int is just totally worthless. Int mages are way underpowered compared to Dex mages and Str mages, not to mention every other class. They have the capability to unleash huge AOE damage, but that same ability will simply get them killed way too often in AO3. In PvP, AOE is much less significant, and Int mages have essentially no advantage to make up for the huge disadvantage of their incredible squishyness.
I think they need to fix the core issue with the attribute imbalance and maybe enhance some defensive skills (like mana shield) since giving them more armor doesn't really seem like an appropriate solution.

thanks for your opinions, one question why is dex mage really better than int mage?

Jsaieagle
11-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Question, are you alternating blessing of vitality and mana shield? Might not be related, but the KEY to survival for a Dex bear is effectively alternating evade and iron blood. A completely unbufffed dex bear is dead in the water, would assume it is the same for mages.

hmmm BOV and manna shield, it's a must for mages!! but still got killed with one hit, especially in front of birds....

Arterra
11-04-2010, 07:38 PM
unfortunately most mage don't do it even spam heal

also heal only 8m area?

so mages have to stay close to tank lol

I really want to see how dev play int mage to kill OL without any pot

i can use bow on mynas and be out of his aoe range at the same time i can heal tanks after his debuff. idk what you mean...

you alternate when you can, but when suddenly getting hammered u need both. then, after they are gone, YOU are gone... also mana shield when you run out of mana double fail 'cous you can officially do nothing...

Jsaieagle
11-04-2010, 07:40 PM
... I can tell you now... the key to staying alive is in this order....

Buff => Mana shield => auto attack from afar => run in the middle => hot flash combo => health steal while running the hell outta there and turning OFF auto attack => heal spell spam like a motha

All that will let you live until you see the AO3 boss and in which case, hide behind a cornor and shield up and rez/heal/buff and hide again.

If yuor playing AO2 or below, just rush in like a bad @ss and clear... I can solo AO2 and below... BUT mind you I have to switch my gear sets when I do... When I enter a map my set is (Jacobs + Cos Robe + Keeper) and I clear or if its a lower level dungeon then (overloard + Cos Robe + Mirage) and when I hit the boss I use (Jacobs + Cos Robe + Eye + lazer) and I usually get the job done.... Its annoying to change sets while playing but thats the life of a mage.

yea, i used keeper + jacobs + cos robe / lazer + gurg eye + jacobs + cos robe, but i got killed easily when i saw those YELLOW aliens or lorekeepers... when a whole team, mages must die during rushing.... then mages respawn and died like crazy! There is a need for a tank / bird to rejoin the game for bringing the mages in.... how insulting!

j46g629h
11-04-2010, 08:31 PM
i can use bow on mynas and be out of his aoe range at the same time i can heal tanks after his debuff. idk what you mean...

so I said int mage

bow has longer attack range btw

if you use bow and stand longest distance that you can still attack, tank won't get heal

shinhwakid
11-05-2010, 01:36 AM
Switch to str & dex in AO3. Pally has no problem standing close to AO3 bosses and do a decent dmg on them. You can spam your aoe skills, heal and Rez as long you not stingy on pots unless you equip Thoth items, but I prefer full rift as it will greatly increase ur armor. Lastly, get a lance/harpoon for decent dps & dmg.

cyprux
11-06-2010, 12:15 AM
i hope they would improve their armor cuz its really getting annoying how mages die so quickly in pvE and one hit koed by archers in PvP. its like mages are the most inferior. :/

Jsaieagle
11-06-2010, 04:17 AM
i hope they would improve their armor cuz its really getting annoying how mages die so quickly in pvE and one hit koed by archers in PvP. its like mages are the most inferior. :/

Agree..... (with tears)

XghostzX
11-07-2010, 02:37 PM
it really is an issues. I mean come on...a mage can't even heal or ressurect if its dead all of the time :D

cyprux
11-07-2010, 05:11 PM
it really is an issues. I mean come on...a mage can't even heal or ressurect if its dead all of the time :d
lol yeah very good point!

Jsaieagle
11-08-2010, 04:28 AM
in ao3.. seems that mages are designed for dying... no matter pve or pvp =.=