PDA

View Full Version : Not cool.. :(

Ape
09-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Samhayne: ''Going forward, we plan to continue adding elite level cap vanity rewards. The next one for level 81 (the expansion coming after Blacksmoke Mountain) should be a vanity armor. That way, anyone playing currently can work toward obtaining these legendary rings.''

>>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?72100-Change-to-Pocket-Legends-Elite-Vanity-Item-Set-Bonuses-%96-Introducing-Legendary-Rings&highlight=elite+shield

JustG: ''Yup, no cap raise on the horizon...''

>>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114809-Any-news-about-next-expansion&highlight=horizon

U lied... :dispirited:

Multibird
09-20-2013, 01:32 PM
When exactly?

Zapoke
09-20-2013, 01:34 PM
They didn't lie. When the next cap comes out (whenever that is..), it'll be an armor vanity.

Ape
09-20-2013, 02:09 PM
They didn't lie. When the next cap comes out (whenever that is..), it'll be an armor vanity.

A horizon is longer than one mans imagination.

Suentous PO
09-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Not mine.
Anyhow as Z. said, no one lied. Do you see how saying that might be viewed as inflamitory ?

Zentry
09-20-2013, 03:22 PM
I have a feeling this is going to get locked soon...

Oldcoot
09-20-2013, 03:26 PM
I've seen many a horizon

Suentous PO
09-20-2013, 03:30 PM
This exact same thread was already made last week, in case you missed it
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?115649-To-spacetimestudios-studios-samhayne-since-he-bes-dev-evAr

Fusionstrike
09-20-2013, 04:35 PM
I've seen many a horizon

But have you ever reached it? Huh? Huh?

Samhayne
09-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Hey Ape, it's also not really cool to call us lairs :(

We've always done our best to shoot straight with our community. Zapoke has this correct:

JustG is just being straight when he is saying that there isn't a new PL level cap raise in the near term. That doesn't mean we will never do a level cap raise - we may.

Thanks for keeping it cool in the future.

Kiwihawk
09-20-2013, 04:55 PM

We've always done our best to shoot straight with our community. Zapoke has this correct:

JustG is just being straight when he is saying that there isn't a new PL level cap raise in the near term. That doesn't mean we will never do a level cap raise - we may.

Thanks Sam :)

Chopper
09-20-2013, 05:21 PM

"We may"? Wait, so there might not be any new cap at all for Pocket Legends? Scary choice of words.

Roberto077
09-20-2013, 06:59 PM

Actually it's the point where the curve of the earth goes out of your vision. It can be changed with height, but wouldn't you say PL is at a low?

Suentous PO
09-20-2013, 07:17 PM
"we may"

I wish you had phrased this differently. I do appreciate you all being frank even when it's something we may not like hearing, however, to put doubt in my mind that you will continue on the course you had formerly charted for us (being an eventual lv 100),
Makes me question my support as a player in the future on a financial level.
I know it won't be as soon as I might want, and that I can deal with, but to now imply this could be it, might not be the best face to present to your customers.
If my landlord offhand mentions they might sell the house I'm renting, I'd leave sooner than later regardless.
Merely implying this is it might cause the very people you rely on to keep you going to pull back and possibly hasten the end that no one wants.
I have to imagine there are better ways to include us in your future than to say there might not be one.
I will always support you all, how I will is apparently up in the air.
Respectfully yours
Sue

Ape
09-21-2013, 04:08 AM

thx sam and sorry for what I said.
This post of yours just gave me a bit of hope :), but u better not be lieing tho :p

Sus
09-21-2013, 04:18 AM
"we may"

I wish you had phrased this differently. I do appreciate you all being frank even when it's something we may not like hearing, however, to put doubt in my mind that you will continue on the course you had formerly charted for us (being an eventual lv 100),
I know it won't be as soon as I might want, and that I can deal with, but to now imply this could be it, might not be the best face to present to your customers.
If my landlord offhand mentions they might sell the house I'm renting, I'd leave sooner than later regardless.
Merely implying this is it might cause the very people you rely on to keep you going to pull back and possibly hasten the end that no one wants.
I have to imagine there are better ways to include us in your future than to say there might not be one.
Respectfully yours
Sue

Yes i want to know now if there will be a level cap raise or not...

Revealing
09-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Hey Ape, it's also not really cool to call us LIARS:(

FIXED

I was tempted

Samhayne
09-21-2013, 08:36 AM
Hey guys.

I know you want me to promise that there will be a new level cap, but I cant. The same as I cant promise that you will get an A in your next math class or that rain will fall next Sunday. The future us uncertain like that. Thanks very much for your understanding.

MightyMicah
09-21-2013, 09:43 AM

Quit true, indeed. Not only could calling the devs lairs mean that they are some kind of beast, because only beasts make lairs, but it could also mean that you are calling the devs evil! Everyone knows that evil villains always have their evil lairs. How dare you!

Faliziaga
09-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Hey guys.

I know you want me to promise that there will be a new level cap, but I cant. The same as I cant promise that you will get an A in your next math class or that rain will fall next Sunday. The future us uncertain like that. Thanks very much for your understanding.
The future of personal or terrestrial affairs is quite different to an admin telling us he can't give us certainties about the future plans of the company he is working for. I consider this bad news, although I'm still optimistic that all will turn out well.

gison
09-21-2013, 10:24 AM
The future of personal or terrestrial affairs is quite different to an admin telling us he can't give us certainties about the future plans of the company he is working for. I consider this bad news, although I'm still optimistic that all will turn out well.

Bam. Right on the dot.

Luca Alessandro Bamba
09-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Why delete my post? I just stated the obvious, the pvp update is good but there's a lot of pvers too. We need a new cap not too far in the future or pvers will get bored, we all know that you guys are just forum admins but i hope that the company will decide to update us sooner or later.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9105P con Tapatalk 4

Suentous PO
09-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Hey guys.

Then the better way to respond to us would be optimism. Saying you do plan to keep pl going would help foster your future even if we don't know when.
When a player comes online saying "pl is dead" JustG usually responds to the effect " why be over dramatic and make sweeping statements". Saying this may be it, to me, is unnesisarily pessimistic.

NECROREAPER
09-21-2013, 02:18 PM

You're missing the concept.

Kiwihawk
09-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Hey Ape, it's also not really cool to call us LIARS:(

FIXED

I was tempted
Ok, What's Up With This FiXED Thing?

Faliziaga
09-21-2013, 02:59 PM
You're missing the concept.

Until now, I thought not giving concrete information about new cap releases would be to avoid drama. If this is the concept you are referring to, I agree, this is missed.

Conradin
09-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Eh if it stayed as it is that would be a bit lame. But there's still a lot to do

CrimsonTider
09-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Sounds like Ape is on to something and now we are seeing a lot of smoke and mirrors. As an adult, teacher, parent, and husband, I believe straightforwardness is the only method of communication. This "may" and "can't guarantee" stuff may work in some forms of business and marketing schemes, but when a good majority of your player base are older, STS can only hide behind words for so long. It seems as though Sam's original statement about the 81 cap was premature and was highly weighted on the success of AL and BD. With ther success, and the rumor of more Legend's titles to come, we may indeed be in the final stages of PL. The current changes to PvP will only pacify the player base for so long. As more and more players cap, the demand for a new cap will only increase as more will fill a "need" for the Elite rings.

And Alex, your correlation of "prediction" between the cap raise and grade card "A's" is not a correlation at all. With grade card scores, the student is in control. With the cap raise, the player (or student in your example) is completely dependent on what you and your colleagues have planned to do and the steps taken to implement those actions. In other words, STS is in total control when it comes to new content.

Oxymoron
09-21-2013, 08:21 PM
I dont know if its just me, but i kinda like the way G n Sam does things, be it sam saying the next cap vanity being an armor (yay), G saying no new cap on horizon ( would u rather know that its gonna be a long wait or just wait impatiently not hearing anything from them at all?) and lastly SAM saying 'we may' is as honest a reply as ive heard, why? U ask....well, these things need alot more planning, decison making, market checks, approvals than we can imagine, my opinion is as long as PL is making good money n remains popular, who in their right mind wouldnt roll out a new cap n keep the clientele ala players?
Guys, we supported PL and G and Sam and the rest of them lovely devs for such a long time, dont ruin this nice relationship, i love seeing them in forums, be it good news or otherwise, they are human too
Thats my own opinion written in words, dont flame me guys, have a nice day :)

Zentry
09-21-2013, 08:23 PM
So are you meaning until BD Or/And AL turn out successful and give a good amount of money, a new cap may turn out.

Suentous PO
09-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Edit- I'm gonna let it go.

The Happiness
09-22-2013, 04:35 AM
Edit- I'm gonna let it go.

I had to too. :(

Chickenrunnn
09-22-2013, 10:45 AM
we may.

o.O

NEW CAP WILL COME IN MAY, GUYS !!

.. Wait, that is what they meant, isn't it? :stupid:

(for those who didn't understand, it is a joke :vlol: ..)

____

PS :

The same as I cant promise that you will get an A in your next math class
Having an A in maths is impossible. :(

Edinou
09-22-2013, 10:47 AM
New cap ? for what ?

Chickenrunnn
09-22-2013, 10:57 AM
New cap ? for what ?

Was just joking. No cap at the horizon.

Edinou
09-24-2013, 07:46 AM
Was just joking. No cap at the horizon.

Oh damm :ambivalence: its ok ! Thanks for reply

The Sadness
09-24-2013, 08:11 AM
I hope you enjoy 76. ;)

And, I'll ask this again. Even if STS does update, will you be willing to wait 12-18 months (or indefinitely) for the next cap? Think long term, not just 81 cap.

We've been dumped. </3

MightyMicah
09-24-2013, 09:21 AM
"we may"

Respectfully yours
Sue

What answer would you prefer?

Suentous PO
09-24-2013, 10:29 AM
What answer would you prefer?

I would have prefer them sound optimistic about their own future, which would give me a reason to spend and thus help them.
Saying their future is uncertain doesn't give me confidence to invest as a consumer, in pl or any other of their games.
It's too offhanded and nonchalant to to imply they might not update their product.
If a player gripes "pl is neglected" G would be on saying something like- calm down, we're not giving up on pl,
But then a Sam responds to a question about the next cap with- who knows, we might.
I have bought plat simply because I liked the effort G put in the last time a bunch of "pl is neglected" threads happened.
This weekend I was going to buy plat, and then didn't after reading that responce.
Im trying to imagine what the utility is of telling your customers, this might be it.
Sorry to go off again I was gonna let it go, maybe they can appreciate my honesty, I want the best for them after all.

DocDoBig
09-24-2013, 11:09 AM
*Proud for having Sue as friend*

Fusionstrike
09-24-2013, 11:19 AM
It makes for kind of a weird situation. On the one hand, you wouldn't want them to outright lie and promise something they haven't committed to just to pacify the community. On the other hand, just saying they aren't sure or other comments that players take negatively might itself hasten PL's demise by prompting players to leave the game. In the latter case, a rumor of "PL's end" that gains enough momentum would become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The problem really is that both sides, dev and player alike, are in "wait and see" mode. Players are hesitant to commit time and money because they don't know PL's future. On the dev side, they are equally hesitant to put out more effort because of the opportunity cost of putting time into this game vs. the others they could be working on.

The only way out of such a situation is leadership. One side or the other has to take a leap of faith and invest in PL, raising the other side's confidence to join in. I don't really see how this could come from the player side, although I guess a massive infusion of plat purchases could do the trick. But players aren't anywhere near as well-organized as the development side, so in practical terms the only way this stalemate will break is if the devs do it. If they came out and announced new content, it would turn the community around. I mean, it's easy to see what even the relatively modest investment of a few new vanities and PvP tweaks did, so the community is clearly hungry for signs that PL will survive. If they committed to a new cap, even a not-very-imaginative one just to get it done quickly, it would clearly have a dramatic effect on the community. But that's the only practical scenario that would break the "wait and see" deadlock at this point.

DocDoBig
09-24-2013, 11:24 AM
*And Fuse*

Oldcoot
09-24-2013, 11:49 AM
@ fusi an sue, I couldn't have said it better myself. Really I couldn't

Aveea
09-24-2013, 01:15 PM
*zips wallet shut :dispirited:

Staman
09-24-2013, 02:58 PM
!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!

NEXT CAP NEXT CAP NEXT CAP (and vanitiy)

Extreme
09-25-2013, 06:59 AM
@ fusi an sue, I couldn't have said it better myself. Really I couldn't

After reading their Post I felt real noob >_>

Roberto077
09-25-2013, 07:04 AM

NEXT CAP NEXT CAP NEXT CAP (and vanitiy)

... What?

NECROREAPER
09-25-2013, 12:00 PM
... What?

Obvious troll is obvious Robert.

killinclaw
09-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Hi, Pl community. First off let me start by saying bashing Sam and the devs isn't going make stg any more productive. It really is uncool. As a previous business owner I understand the headaches and hard ships that one faces on a daily basis. Especially when dealing with the public. You cant please everyone all the time. And with all the legends title out there I'm pretty sure their resources are very thin as of late.
Secondly, on the other hand, I'm at a lost for words for hearing that pl has an uncertain future. At least thats the tone that I'm getting. As a long term player and a regular plat purchaser, and just to be honest here stg, it kind of feels like a slap in the face. Like when the girl in your 6th grade class returns your love letter and checked the "no" box. I might sound selfish here, but I don't think im alone on this, almost 3 years of my life and thousands and thousands of plat used, and to hear something like this is just over whelming. But what can we do? What can stg do? None of us can predict the future as Sam said. After all the fun and laughs, all the talking and waiting, pl and stg is still a business, and businessess have to make tough choices.
Thirdly, although I feel that having a new lvl cap is necessary for pl to progress my biggest thing is the lack of content at end level. At least with 100k xp it kept us busy, now when u almost have 4 lvl 76s, 211/213 quests done (1000 snowball pelts, yuck), not many options left out there. I even started to pvp and ctf. I suggest if and when theres a new cap and new lvls, a good amount if quests and some new "flavor" would really do some good. New gear with out outlandish bonuses, new quest vanities, maybe even with stats, new pets, heck, make the pets battle, pvp, one another lol, just a new concept somewhere in there. This would really bring a new breath of fresh air in my opinion.
It really has been a while since the old cap, but granted some of us are still here, withering this storm of uncertainess, please just dont let us down.
Just my 3 cents, is all.:)

Suentous PO
09-25-2013, 06:50 PM
One thing that seems illogical to me is the phrase "the future is uncertain" as a posible reason or explanation to end it at 76.
No business is certain but that doesn't stop them, that's what a business plan is for, to set a goal and find ways to work toward it, not give in due to lack of guarantee.
One posible solution would have been (& still could be) subscriptions. Those were in the works once but dropped for some reason. You can still find a /command for that, showing it was on the table at one point.
I would have paid for one if I knew my subscription money was going towards pl's future and not a new al update or to develop a new game.

killinclaw
09-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Very good point sue, about the subscription idea. I do remember hearing that a while back. I myself would of paid for one too. That way they would have steady revenue to sustain the over head, if possible, and whatever plat purchases can go to other things. But the cons are how to gently implement it to the existing system without pissing off and turning away existing pl players. And also make it attractive enough to gain a new customer base. I really don't know what stg is up to, none of us do. Im sure there's alot going on behind closed doors but I agree with you on a plan for pl, especially for the already established clientele.
At the end of it all, I love pl. Other legends titles just dont have the same nitch, the same feel. I really believe if stg go back to basics, and add a lil pizaz, pl can be a whole new game and retain their customer base. And at the same time bring old players back AND attract new players.
But one thing is for sure, as much as I enjoy playing pl, my frnds and everything else, if this really is the demise of pl, I'm not going down with the ship. Until then though, the grind continues, farming is a daily task, and ctf is getting pretty fun.:)

Schnitzel
09-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Why is Samhayne written in GREEN and not red?
Is he a mod now?

NECROREAPER
09-26-2013, 03:31 AM
Why is Samhayne written in GREEN and not red?
Is he a mod now?

Samhayne was never a developer, his title is Moderator and Community guy.

Alhuntrazeck
09-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Samhayne was never a developer, his title is Moderator and Community guy.

Well, wasn't he a dev who got mod duties? His name in AL is red, and I've heard rumors.

Sorry to bump in bears n birds n cats n foxes n rhinos, I'll show meself out.

NECROREAPER
09-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Well, wasn't he a dev who got mod duties? His name in AL is red, and I've heard rumors.

Sorry to bump in bears n birds n cats n foxes n rhinos, I'll show meself out.

Lemme rephrase, he was never a dev for PL.

DocDoBig
09-26-2013, 12:29 PM
But saying The Devs and Sam is kinda rude...

miistic
09-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Samhayne: ''Going forward, we plan to continue adding elite level cap vanity rewards. The next one for level 81 (the expansion coming after Blacksmoke Mountain) should be a vanity armor. That way, anyone playing currently can work toward obtaining these legendary rings.''

>>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?72100-Change-to-Pocket-Legends-Elite-Vanity-Item-Set-Bonuses-%96-Introducing-Legendary-Rings&highlight=elite+shield

JustG: ''Yup, no cap raise on the horizon...''

>>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114809-Any-news-about-next-expansion&highlight=horizon

U lied... :dispirited:
how exactly?

Sus
09-26-2013, 02:15 PM
how exactly?

We know who that sig belongs to .-.

Faliziaga
09-28-2013, 01:19 AM
A quote from the STG job page (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?119-Jobs)

Company Representation – The Community Manager is a spokesperson for the company. You will work closely with the Development Team to understand what is happening and then keep users well informed of the latest developments through in-game activities, our message forums, web news, email and social media.

Moderation - Forums and Social channels: You will herd cats, keeping our gamers not only delighted, but also reigning in expectations, redacting trolls and keeping the virtual peace. Diplomacy is a must.

Archermaster
09-29-2013, 06:21 PM
I can't wait for new cap but I still want to cap lol