PDA

View Full Version : Hooks need a real competitive buff

Kakashis
09-20-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm usually not one to complain too much, but with the release of the new mythic 36 daggers has made me very upset. STS has promised us that Arcane weapons would be the best of the best for 2 expansions after their initial release and with the most recent buff, their stats were more competitive against the best legendaries, but are now completely destroyed by these new mythic 170+dps daggers with shields. I see that STS's reponse is that level 26 daggers should be losing their compeitivness since its their last season, but it's still the second season after their initial release and their validity should be maintained. The Sorcerer's mythic gun was secretly buffed in anticipation of the new mythic rod, and these daggers are also a direct competition with the Arcane hooks so a cometitive buff in my opintion should be applied to keep them still the best just for this final season no?

Energizeric
09-20-2013, 04:54 PM
And what exactly would that do for level 26 pvp balance? LOL

Azepeiete
09-20-2013, 04:55 PM
And what exactly would that do for level 26 pvp balance? LOL

The game wasn't made for l26 pvp, it's primary focus is endgame. If you twink that's your prerogative, but the l26 twink community can't influence an update that may or may not improve endgame.

However I don't like the idea of hooks. They've had their reign, stick em in the cs or make a 26 tbh.

Taejo
09-20-2013, 04:58 PM
The game wasn't made for l26 pvp, it's primary focus is endgame. If you twink that's your prerogative, but the l26 twink community can't influence an update that may or may not improve endgame.

However I don't like the idea of hooks. They've had their reign, stick em in the cs or make a 26 tbh.

^ This. Hooks are old and outdated items. Time to move one. Sell your hooks and use the money for the new daggers. Problem solved.

Energizeric
09-20-2013, 05:01 PM
My point is that hooks is a level 26 item. I'm sure they will retain their value as an OP twink item. I saw someone in the traders forum offering 12m for a level 8 sword, so I don't see why hooks won't be just as sought after as a twink item.

Taejo
09-20-2013, 05:03 PM
My point is that hooks is a level 26 item. I'm sure they will retain their value as an OP twink item. I saw someone in the traders forum offering 12m for a level 8 sword, so I don't see why hooks won't be just as sought after as a twink item.

They will be, eventually. I was agreeing with Aze's point that L26 items shouldn't influence end-game material.

FluffNStuff
09-20-2013, 05:04 PM

Because of the hooks, what Sorc or Warrior would actually WANT to make a level 26 twink????

Samhayne
09-20-2013, 05:09 PM
I posted this in another thread and thought it would go fine here as well.

Arcane weapons are a moment in time. Just like someone who buys a PS3 when they first come out. They know a PS4 will be coming someday, but right now, the PS3 is the new hotness. The Rogue Hooks were the new hotness in Kraken just as the Maul was the new hotness in Nordr. There is no guarantee, written or implied, that they will ever be changed. Right now, we don't have plans for changing or upgrading Arcane weapons.

Kakashis
09-20-2013, 05:20 PM
It's more like I just bought a PS3 and PS4 isn't supposed to be out until a few months more but... suprise!! PS4 is now released that beats out PS3 today! I think hooks should just be removed from crates altogether at this point in time. I know what I'll be doing with my plat money, actually saving up for a PS4! I know it's highly unlikely because they've already recently been buffed, but I along with another few hook users would actually like to use them as the best daggers for this season and not have someone say to us "why don't you use mythic daggers because hooks are way worse"

Taejo
09-20-2013, 05:23 PM
It's more like I just bought a PS3 and PS4 isn't supposed to be out until a few months more but... suprise!! PS4 is now released that beats out PS3 today!

I agree with your analogy on this. But what's done is done. The new daggers look cooler anyway :P Hopefully the hard lessons learned with this entire "trilogy" of releasing arcanes season-by-season is influential on STG releasing the next 3 arcanes together in one season.

MayaNatsume
09-20-2013, 05:25 PM
That what STS promoted and promised us that Arcane weapons would be the best of the best for 2 expansions.....Im not the one to complain too much as well... but this time too unfair... Not going to trust STS any more..:(

Soundlesskill
09-20-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm usually not one to complain too much, but with the release of the new mythic 36 daggers has made me very upset. STS has promised us that Arcane weapons would be the best of the best for 2 expansions after their initial release and with the most recent buff, their stats were more competitive against the best legendaries, but are now completely destroyed by these new mythic 170+dps daggers with shields. I see that STS's reponse is that level 26 daggers should be losing their compeitivness since its their last season, but it's still the second season after their initial release and their validity should be maintained. The Sorcerer's mythic gun was secretly buffed in anticipation of the new mythic rod, and these daggers are also a direct competition with the Arcane hooks so a cometitive buff in my opintion should be applied to keep them still the best just for this final season no?

Arcane weapons are suppoed to last for 3 expansions. Mythic 2, legendary 1.

Hooks lvl26

New mythic blades lvl36. Supposed to last for 1 more expansion.

Hooks gone from 26-31-36. 3 expansions ahead.

So we can conclude that mythic daggers will be 1 expansion ahead of hooks, which aren't supposed to last to 41.

keikali
09-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Stop all your rogue crying, BOO HOO, THE HOOKS I PAID SO MUCH FOR ARE CRAP.

No one told you to invest in level 26 hooks at level 36 regardless of rarity.

Cry me a river.

falmear
09-20-2013, 06:54 PM
The new mythic staff has +21.1 damage over mythic gun. So its not just the hooks. The whole 'lasts for more then one season' never made sense to me. And I'm happy to see that there is better stuff out there now.

Zanpakuto
09-20-2013, 07:11 PM
I'd have to say that the buff a couple weeks back was necessary yet a little on the weak side. Now with these mythic daggers, STS needs to buff them even more. IMO the current stats should have been the hooks buff. It's unfair to arcane weapons user. I would be so angry if they did this in the next expansion if I had the maul.

Energizeric
09-20-2013, 07:17 PM
First of all, did anyone except that level 36 mythic weapons would not be better than level 31 mythic weapons? LOL

Second, the problem with making a weapon that will still be the best weapon 10 levels later is that it will be way too OP. I remember when PvP was first introduced there was a bug that in certain circumstances you could end up in a lower level game. So as a level 21 sorcerer at one point I ended up in a level 12-14 game and was able to stay there for a few games by just continuing to rejoin each time.

That is not 10 levels but 7-9 levels higher. Let's just say that I beat down everyone the way I clear the mobs in non-elite dungeons. I was winning 4-on-1 battles. So I don't see how having a weapon that is so OP that it will be the best item 10 levels later is feasible.

I think what STS was implying when they made those statements is that they were comparing the brand new mythic and arcane items to the legendary items which had previously been the best items available. To explain the new item types, they said that mythic items would be equivalent to the best legendary items 5 levels later, and arcane items would be equivalent to the best legendary items 10 levels later. They never said there would not be new mythic or legendary items in those later campaigns.

Based on their own definition, you can assume that they are saying that arcane items are equivalent to mythic items that are 5 levels higher. Well, these mythic items are 10 levels higher than hooks, so you can assume they would be better.

Energizeric
09-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Arcane weapons are suppoed to last for 3 expansions. Mythic 2, legendary 1..

Based on this definition you have quoted, Level 26 hooks would top out at level 36 (the 3rd expansion)

And level 36 mythic weapons would top out at level 41 (the 2nd expansion)

So then shouldn't a level 36 mythic weapon be better than a level 26 arcane weapon?

MayaNatsume
09-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Honestly, I have no more complain, just disappointment and STS break their promise... still have a lot good MMO games out there... goodbye STS...

keikali
09-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Based on this definition you have quoted, Level 26 hooks would top out at level 36 (the 3rd expansion)

So then shouldn't a level 36 mythic weapon be better than a level 26 arcane weapon?

Why bother explaining? They don't understand that a weapon that is 10 levels LOWER then the current should in NO WAY be more powerful then the new one.

moot
09-20-2013, 08:26 PM
It's more like I just bought a PS3 and PS4 isn't supposed to be out until a few months more but... suprise!! PS4 is now released that beats out PS3 today! I think hooks should just be removed from crates altogether at this point in time.

What did you prefer? 2k gold or another arcane hook? We never knew how crates works. So removing them is not a good option. Someone should still be happy to loot an arcane hook in the future.

Energizeric
09-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Honestly, I have no more complain, just disappointment and STS break their promise... still have a lot good MMO games out there... goodbye STS...

Can I have your hooks when you leave? I need them for my new PvP twink rogue. :)

If you change your mind and decide to come back, I'll give them back.

Taejo
09-20-2013, 09:22 PM
What did you prefer? 2k gold or another arcane hook? We never knew how crates works. So removing them is not a good option. Someone should still be happy to loot an arcane hook in the future.

One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

Zanpakuto
09-20-2013, 10:43 PM
There should be level based % stats on the arcane weapons as I stated from the beginning and I will always stand by this. Even I don't like STS's statements and then going against it later. Only arcane pets are forever buffed and good.

baddiva
09-20-2013, 10:55 PM
now i get little enlightenment about why there's nobody complains about below legendary items. why don't you just ask for elite legendary cap item to be buffed too each time new season rolled out..

come on... get over it... it's just a low level arcane weapon... move on to new mythic weapon, and sell the hooks for 2 M, i'll buy :)

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Soundlesskill
09-21-2013, 06:46 AM

No Ener because mythic should last 2 expansion, so they would still be better at 41 were the gooks can't keep up

Soundlesskill
09-21-2013, 06:49 AM
Hmm let me rephrase.

Mythic lvl36 weapons Will be the best at lvl41 because they are build to last 2 expansions.

Hooks will be the best at lvl36 because they are build o e the best. But when a weapon is suppoed to be twice as good as 36 then the best at lvl36 wouldne be the best, because there is "lvl41" weapons out there

eeknoh
09-21-2013, 06:55 AM
I knew this thread was coming.. I can't say I'm not a tad dissapointed in hooks being totally outclassed, they were already beat in raw damage. But sts hasn't broken their word.. As someone said earlier in the thread Arcane lasts 3 seasons and Mythic 2. Being that this is last season for hooks its only natural for the new daggers to be much better.

I sincerely hope that sts doesn't give In and buff books, or nerf new mythic daggers.

I'd really like it if we could park the whambulance over this subject and just move on.

Make a twink, 26 rogues will always outclass 26 sorcerors and warriors. Cup half full?

matanofx
09-21-2013, 08:04 AM
No more crying please, am i upset that guns werent best dmg weap for 2 whole seasons? yeah a lil bit

But this new upgrade that brought us new items was a very needed change in the world of arlor, far more important than my rant about myth guns.

Deal with the changes, they seriously arent that drastic anyway, and have fun

falmear
09-21-2013, 12:08 PM
No more crying please, am i upset that guns werent best dmg weap for 2 whole seasons? yeah a lil bit

Probably because they realized more people cared about damage then those who cared about DPS. So now to get people using staffs again they make them higher damage then guns. Mythic gun had a nice run as the top damage weapon. But legendary staffs and mythic staffs do more damage then the guns in their respective rarity. This is not a complaint, I am just stating a fact. And for now I still prefer to use a gun. Although I'd have them preferred to keep staffs highest in DPS and guns highest in damage. But this pretty much says to me, that for a mage, DPS is over rated. Since they could have had less damage on the mythic staff and given us a lot more DPS.

Azepeiete
09-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Going to Finally back to being dagger happy with these new ones. Trash your bows! Gonna feel like s2/3 again once everyone has hopped on the dagger train

Zeus
09-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Going to Finally back to being dagger happy with these new ones. Trash your bows! Gonna feel like s2/3 again once everyone has hopped on the dagger train

I am honestly not too sure. Why?

First of all, in Shuyal, the mobs and bosses hit HARD. So, as a rogue, being up close & personal and dealing massive damage is the last thing that I want to do, as overall, it'll probably contribute to more deaths and make the party slower. I experienced this with hooks, which is why I sold them.

Too much close range damage isn't always good, you know what I mean?

Energizeric
09-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Hmm let me rephrase.

Mythic lvl36 weapons Will be the best at lvl41 because they are build to last 2 expansions.

Hooks will be the best at lvl36 because they are build o e the best. But when a weapon is suppoed to be twice as good as 36 then the best at lvl36 wouldne be the best, because there is "lvl41" weapons out there

I'm completely confused by your statement. Stats of items do not change, so which in your opinion would have better stats, a level 36 mythic item or a level 26 arcane item?

Energizeric
09-21-2013, 01:44 PM
BTW, from what I can tell so far these new mythic weapons are going to be super rare. They are dropping at the same rates as other mythics but will be only available this weekend. So until some future time that they are re-released, very few players will have them. So if you have your hooks, there's no reason to not be happy with those too, at least for now. Or you can sell them and buy the new daggers. I'm guessing the price of both items is somewhat similar.

Soundlesskill
09-21-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm completely confused by your statement. Stats of items do not change, so which in your opinion would have better stats, a level 36 mythic item or a level 26 arcane item?

Hey I'm sorry I confuse myself too.

Uhmm

Lvl26 hooks + 3season 36
Lvl36mythic blades + 2season 41.
Mythic is the best blades at 41, hooks are not they are the best at 36

falmear
09-21-2013, 01:47 PM

First of all, in Shuyal, the mobs and bosses hit HARD. So, as a rogue, being up close & personal and dealing massive damage is the last thing that I want to do, as overall, it'll probably contribute to more deaths and make the party slower. I experienced this with hooks, which is why I sold them.

I don't know how often it procs but I hear that the shield on the daggers lasts 5 secs. So thats pretty nice if its like the mage shield which has 30% damage reduction. So thats something to consider if it procs often enough.

Azepeiete
09-21-2013, 02:23 PM

The daggers have 16 more dmg too, so you do even more kiting anyway.

Zeus
09-21-2013, 04:42 PM
The daggers have 16 more dmg too, so you do even more kiting anyway.

Which would completely defeat the purpose of using daggers in Shuyal. Maybe in maps like SS, they'd be great but definitely not that good in Shuyal due to the high risk of death. It was a problem I experienced with hooks...so I can't imagine how bad it'll be with the new daggers.

Derezzzed
09-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Which would completely defeat the purpose of using daggers in Shuyal. Maybe in maps like SS, they'd be great but definitely not that good in Shuyal due to the high risk of death. It was a problem I experienced with hooks...so I can't imagine how bad it'll be with the new daggers.

Might be a little bit better due to the sheild proc, but agree it probably isn't the best idea to be up close in shuyal maps (especially if your a rouge or snurf and your fighting ina'hesh)

Zeus
09-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Might be a little bit better due to the sheild proc, but agree it probably isn't the best idea to be up close in shuyal maps (especially if your a rouge or snurf and your fighting ina'hesh)

Yeah...as soon as I switched to bow, my deaths dropped drastically. Although, I still die plenty considering how much I run Shuyal Arena.

Wutzgood
09-22-2013, 02:23 PM
So when the level cap was 26, how many rogues were here complaining that they were the only class with an arcane weapon and that sts should remove them and bring them back when all classes had arcane weapons? None. They were enjoying being the only class with it. Now 2 seasons later the other classes have great arcane weapons and rogues don't. Now they know what other classes felt like that first season.

Maybe next season rogues will be the first to get a level 41 arcane weapon but for now karma has taken over.

Taejo
09-22-2013, 02:45 PM
So when the level cap was 26, how many rogues were here complaining that they were the only class with an arcane weapon and that sts should remove them and bring them back when all classes had arcane weapons? None. They were enjoying being the only class with it. Now 2 seasons later the other classes have great arcane weapons and rogues don't. Now they know what other classes felt like that first season.

Maybe next season rogues will be the first to get a level 41 arcane weapon but for now karma has taken over.

This is a recording: "The next batch of arcane weapons should be released simultaneously to avoid this conflict from ever happening again."

DexterityX
09-22-2013, 03:00 PM
The Razorbacks will be more powerful than the hooks, but not more powerful than the maul or the arcane staff aside from perception and playstyle perhaps. Stat wise the arcane Maul and Staff are still better, and it's important to note that the mythic Glaive is a DPS weapon, not a damage weapon. Maul is still king for damage comparatively.

this

Zanpakuto
09-22-2013, 03:53 PM
STS should do them justice and just remove them from the loot table.

Joncheese
09-23-2013, 02:50 AM
I dont see what everones problem is to be honest. Firstly, Arcane hooks have been out for 10 levels, and they are the only weapon that has been. They were the far superior Arcane Weapon even after the Maul was released, and up until last weekend they were still highly sought after. Secondly, the hooks are still good, theyre just not considered the best. Thirdly, what did you guys think would happen?

With the exception of the Arcane Staff (thank you btw STS, what an amazing staff you have made) all of the new Mythic Weapons are extremely good. Overall they are welcomed by all and i think it was a much needed addition to the game. If you already have hooks and you dont want them, then sell them and buy some Razors. Ive seen lots do this over the last few days with no problems at all..... they are still selling.

The next expansion is going to bring the same things guys, so we may as well adapt and overcome. Im saving already for the next Arcane item, whether it be a Ring or a Shadow Amulet (hint hint STS) i dont really care. The trick is to be ready for it when it comes :)

Thanks for a banging weekend STS, im tired as hell but its been a blast :D