PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on PVP

mefiik
04-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Why? because the only advantage of warrior is that he is strong but thats all... If warrior will fight with archer or enchantress he will always loose... Archer and Enchantress can run and shoot so warrior will get shots without any chance to hit-> he will surely die... maybe it can be solved by some "arena" ... :)

PS: the game is great:)

Spacetime Games
04-08-2010, 11:52 PM
I hope we can have engaging and meaningful PvP rule sets: class vs. class or teams vs. teams. Areana are a great idea in townes. We need to make townes more meaningful anyway...

mefiik
04-09-2010, 01:10 AM
I hope we can have engaging and meaningful PvP rule sets: class vs. class or teams vs. teams. Areana are a great idea in townes. We need to make townes more meaningful anyway...
kk sounds good:) lookin foward to first pvps:)

Martin JF
04-09-2010, 03:23 AM
One on one pvp would fail in this game. 3 vs. 3 pvp or 4 vs. 4 pvp would be awesesome.
Trading is something we need in this game. I seem to get tons and tons of mage and warrior items, but only a few archer items (the only things I need)

Jetshrike
04-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Im all in favour of team PvP over 1-on-1 which I agree, would probably not be balanced.

Dizko
04-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Capture the flag would be PERFECT for this game.

AbsolutePally
12-19-2011, 06:04 PM
What? I am lost.

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 06:07 PM
What? I am lost.

STS master administrator said that they hope to eventually get pvp to a good state, and that they understand how flawed the system currently is.

lol.

WoundedEagle
12-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Nice dating y'all.

Paar
12-19-2011, 06:16 PM
nice dating y'all.

ya'll got wounded!

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 06:17 PM
I feel like I'm staring into the past.

AbsolutePally
12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
STS master administrator said that they hope to eventually get pvp to a good state, and that they understand how flawed the system currently is.

lol.

Hmm.. K ty for clarification.

kiitz
12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
PvP rewards are important, but I am not sure STS is ready to take this game in that direction. Large scale PvP rewards/titles definitely pushes the game in a more "hardcore" direction.

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 06:35 PM
PvP rewards are important, but I am not sure STS is ready to take this game in that direction. Large scale PvP rewards/titles definitely pushes the game in a more "hardcore" direction.

This thread is 18 months old lol, they have been talking about revamping PvP for that long. When will they be ready? in another 18 months?

Whirlzap
12-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Phar, I think this was sort of before Warriors became OP by standards.
Now we have bears with over 60 dodge easily. It's not THAT easy to even do damage to the bear because of his armor, and you worry about that after you can even HIT the bear, which is jard because of its insanely high dodge.

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 06:50 PM
I remember the days when the nimble bird actually had dodge lol. If all they did was lower the birds attack a little bit, raise bears attack, and give enchantress more hp and a higher mp regeneration, it woulda been balanced.

Kaarataka
12-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Phar, I think this was sort of before Warriors became OP by standards.
Now we have bears with over 60 dodge easily. It's not THAT easy to even do damage to the bear because of his armor, and you worry about that after you can even HIT the bear, which is jard because of its insanely high dodge.

Bears are far from over powered. How many bears do you see in end game pro ctf matches? Oh you see cloakker......that's about it. You have debuff spells just like every other class. Learn how to use them and you won't get owned by the most under powered class in the game.

Pharcyde
12-19-2011, 07:01 PM
The trick is stinging them with the debuffs first then using combos for extra damage.

Whirlzap
12-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Bears are far from over powered. How many bears do you see in end game pro ctf matches? Oh you see cloakker......that's about it. You have debuff spells just like every other class. Learn how to use them and you won't get owned by the most under powered class in the game.
No one called anyone "noob", so chill.
Go get some coffee, your head must be blown up man!
As with bear being underpowered, biased much!
Who else does CC best in PvE?
If you're talking about PvP, it's only if you go pally that you can ACTUALLY spend time debuffing, and technically, pally is just being a bear, since you wear bear stuff, therefore adding to bear being decently powered.
Also I don't get "owned" by bears. Thank you very much, and remember that coffee.

Whirlzap
12-19-2011, 07:38 PM
The trick is stinging them with the debuffs first then using combos for extra damage.

Beckon+Stomp wipes your mana out.
Go without shield=dead.
No choice but to go full force, unless you spec STR.

Seminole
12-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Bears absolutely rock. they are pretty much immortal sometimes. they do exactly what they are supposed to do, tank! They are flawless with a good mage that spams heal. or even a staff mage or dex bird because they can pull the opposing team into a corner and have the damage class do the rest. Oh and to The people who say use debuffs against a bear, let me hit yiu with some knowledge: a mage knightmare debuff only subtracts 12 dodge out of the 74 dodge a bear has and is a measly 6m range. on top of that debuffs can miss! (Bears can dodge debuffs). in addition knightmare only last a measly 3 seconds lol. So if you want to use the debuff you have to get real close and by then the bear will have you completely stunned. A bird has the best shot. Another hint: hit percentage does not subtract away from dodge, which alot of people seem to think. Now-a-days a bear is a beautiful addition to a team and can turn the tide of battle given the right circumstances and a good team.

WoundedEagle
12-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Bears absolutely rock. they are pretty much immortal sometimes. they do exactly what they are supposed to do, tank! They are flawless with a good mage that spams heal. or even a staff mage or dex bird because they can pull the opposing team into a corner and have the damage class do the rest. Oh and to The people who say use debuffs against a bear, let me hit yiu with some knowledge: a mage knightmare debuff only subtracts 12 dodge out of the 74 dodge a bear has and is a measly 6m range. on top of that debuffs can miss! (Bears can dodge debuffs). in addition knightmare only last a measly 3 seconds lol. So if you want to use the debuff you have to get real close and by then the bear will have you completely stunned. A bird has the best shot. Another hint: hit percentage does not subtract away from dodge, which alot of people seem to think. Now-a-days a bear is a beautiful addition to a team and can turn the tide of battle given the right circumstances and a good team.
Nice name. It's the name of my town in Florida lol

13lacklegionz
12-19-2011, 08:24 PM
No one called anyone "noob", so chill.
Go get some coffee, your head must be blown up man!
As with bear being underpowered, biased much!
Who else does CC best in PvE?
If you're talking about PvP, it's only if you go pally that you can ACTUALLY spend time debuffing, and technically, pally is just being a bear, since you wear bear stuff, therefore adding to bear being decently powered.
Also I don't get "owned" by bears. Thank you very much, and remember that coffee.

Kaarataka is a mage. Pro, I would add. There is no bias there...

Anyways, how is a pally technically a bear? Technically, the pally is a mage...

I've seen the gear that you use, which is wand + bracer set. That has a similar amount of armor compared to the str. So, you would actually have time to debuff. This is because as you say, pallies, which use str armour, have the time to debuff, so since the str and int have similar armour, it stand to reason that the int mage would also have time to debuff.

There have been numerous threads about the warrior class's lack of strength, compared to the other classes. If you would like me to give you examples, please don't. I'm lazy.

Kaarataka does know what he/she is talking about, though he/she may come across as hostile.

PS: No need to refer to coffee. When you say that his head must be blown up, coffee would only blow it up more, as coffee is an adrenaline. Hmm...

PSS: Also, if you reply to this comment, please don't use the "You're just defending your friend" card. :) Thanks!

WhoIsThis
12-21-2011, 05:47 AM

There are a few good bears out there. Some can 1v1 int mages and perform reasonably well.

WoundedEagle
12-21-2011, 06:00 AM
*Loves how this thread was necro'd and revived so well*

WhoIsThis
12-21-2011, 06:14 AM
I have to admit though that right now I am very rusty. I haven't been on much and in need of challenging opponents, so perhaps there have been changes to bears?

I don't think there have been, but please share if there have been.