PDA

View Full Version : Mythic armor set in the future?

Khylan
09-20-2013, 11:06 PM
Just wanted to say the addition of the upgrade quests for the armor was a fantastic idea. It adds lore to the game, and gives players who aren't flush with cash something to strive for because with a little work it will always be the best armor a player can get.

That being said, are the plans to keep the upgrade path going every other 2 expansion for the armor? It's obvious that mythic weapons are what they are--the equivalent of rare raid loot...the best of the best for an expansion and people will pay to have the best of the best. Is this going to happen with the armor? Or are the plans to continue with it being upgraded through quests?

I can't speak for other players, but the mythic armor upgrade ability is a big reason why I continue to play--I will never be able to get the best weapons in game--I don't like gambling and the cost of mythic/arcane weapons in CS is obscene to the average player. If I can keep my mythic armor updated via a future questline It gives me something to look forward to, sso I play more, and buy more plat..so please keep it this way!!

Ebezaanec
09-20-2013, 11:18 PM
That sound highly un-plausible.

If they were to continue upgrading mythics... What is the point of obtaining new gear?

I mean, think about it. If you had a mythic that was continuously improved... You would tire of the game faster than if it wasn't upgraded. There wouldn't be a "goal" for obtaining better gear, because... Who cares? The best gear will be buffed.

I vote no. Remember that gear is used to obtain PVE kills, PVP kills, Elite APs, etc. The price (you initially buy it for) may be overpriced in later expansions, but the gaming improvements it will make now is valuable.

Khylan
09-20-2013, 11:34 PM
That sound highly un-plausible.

If they were to continue upgrading mythics... What is the point of obtaining new gear?

I mean, think about it. If you had a mythic that was continuously improved... You would tire of the game faster than if it wasn't upgraded. There wouldn't be a "goal" for obtaining better gear, because... Who cares? The best gear will be buffed.

I vote no. Remember that gear is used to obtain PVE kills, PVP kills, Elite APs, etc. The price (you initially buy it for) may be overpriced in later expansions, but the gaming improvements it will make now is valuable.

I am just talking about the armor--not rings, not amulets, not weapons, maybe you didn't understand that. The majority of the armor in the game sucks and its itemized very poorly---warrior gear with +int and dex? Why?

Having a questline to upgrade armor that could potentially cover several expansions is a lot more interesting than going to CS and buying something. You still have to buy it which takes an up front monetary investment and then invest time to upgrade it.

Yes, It would be easier to just buy new armor and get instant gratification, but to me buying the armor, then grinding out the quests to upgrade it is much more gratifying.

Ebezaanec
09-21-2013, 12:00 AM
I am just talking about the armor--not rings, not amulets, not weapons, maybe you didn't understand that. The majority of the armor in the game sucks and its itemized very poorly---warrior gear with +int and dex? Why?

Having a questline to upgrade armor that could potentially cover several expansions is a lot more interesting than going to CS and buying something. You still have to buy it which takes an up front monetary investment and then invest time to upgrade it.

Yes, It would be easier to just buy new armor and get instant gratification, but to me buying the armor, then grinding out the quests to upgrade it is much more gratifying.

Maybe you weren't understanding me. The only mythics that are currently upgradable are mythic helms/armor. I took that into account and was referring to them only...

Btw.. Buying the mythic stuff requires a "monetary" payment, but thats pretty much it (unless upgrading will require more gold). The rest of the payment is your "time."

Energizeric
09-21-2013, 12:31 AM
I would guess going forward we are going to see all new mythic items in all 5 slots and probably eventually will see arcane armors/helms/rings/amulets at some point.

And I hate hearing this constant complaining and whining every time a new item comes out that is better than what you already have. Perhaps you should play Pocket Legends. I hear nothing new has come out there in the past year. So you would be very happy in that game knowing that your best items from a year ago are still the best now.

There is no point for them to release new expansions and new content if there are no new top end gear to go along with it. You see what releasing these mythic weapons did? Elite Gold Puzzleboxes are going for 300k. So get your butt in gear and go farm for some and make some money while it lasts. This all helps the economy a ton.

Stop worrying about your bottom line and what the items you have are worth, and start playing the game to enjoy it!

Khylan
09-21-2013, 06:55 AM
I would guess going forward we are going to see all new mythic items in all 5 slots and probably eventually will see arcane armors/helms/rings/amulets at some point.

And I hate hearing this constant complaining and whining every time a new item comes out that is better than what you already have. Perhaps you should play Pocket Legends. I hear nothing new has come out there in the past year. So you would be very happy in that game knowing that your best items from a year ago are still the best now.

There is no point for them to release new expansions and new content if there are no new top end gear to go along with it. You see what releasing these mythic weapons did? Elite Gold Puzzleboxes are going for 300k. So get your butt in gear and go farm for some and make some money while it lasts. This all helps the economy a ton.

Stop worrying about your bottom line and what the items you have are worth, and start playing the game to enjoy it!

Where exactly was I whining or complaining?
I like the mythic upgrade process because it is fun. It would be great to keep the mechanics in game even if the upgrade process cost 1 million gold or 500 plat and 2 weeks worth of questing because it is fun. It takes absolutely no skill to open a locked crate. I spent 6 million for the first mythic bow I and 5 million for my mythic armor and helm. It's not about the money, its about the process. Upgrading via quest takes an investment of time and is more enjoyable than farming for random drops.
I don't open elite gold xx or locked crates anymore, it's really one of the only ways to make quick money--I grew up in Las Vegas, so know the perils of gambling. As tempting as it is to open those locked crates, I sell them!

CallMeOops
09-21-2013, 07:26 AM
It be nice to see new Mythic sets come out & so on. But people seem to complain that they do not have the best stuff anymore. It like why cry seriously it would be boring if you was simply the best all the time, I love new challenges & something to strive towards.

Crowsfoot
09-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Point of upgrade quest was to reduce player wealth so mythics are harder to obtain in later expansions. If you can't sell your old gear for 6-8mil its a lot harder to buy a 10-14mil set. Harvest away and hope you can stockpile enough gold for next update. This one was a gift, to all gifts a catch.

Khylan
09-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Point of upgrade quest was to reduce player wealth so mythics are harder to obtain in later expansions. If you can't sell your old gear for 6-8mil its a lot harder to buy a 10-14mil set. Harvest away and hope you can stockpile enough gold for next update. This one was a gift, to all gifts a catch.

Ah that makes sense. I wonder if any devs will chime in on this thread?

Meljann
09-21-2013, 11:36 AM
I have a feeling there are going to release new mythic armors 2 expansion from now.there no point in keep upgrading

Energizeric
09-21-2013, 01:17 PM
I'd bet there will be new helms and/or armors by the next expansion.