PDA

View Full Version : Doing PvP today, i counted 46 spiral forts, and 7 box grid forts.

csb
09-21-2013, 05:54 AM
I suppose the 7 forts that were not a spiral variation are probably from people who quit the game, or haven't logged in since school started. So, what does that mean if everyone has a spiral, or spiral variation?

I think the game was very fun in the past before everyone stated taking advantage of the smasher weakness. I liked using a mix of troops. But, now i just use either a spitter hoard to get 50%, and maybe gain a tiny profit. Or, 30+ bombers with heals to get about 90%, but I lose resources. A mix of troops just doesn't work out unless it's a flawed spiral so that I only need to break one wall.

DH7's have more troops, so they can be more successful against a spiral. DH9's have Devastators to break through, and also at that level the loot is greater so they don't have to worry about the cost of the troops. DH6's no longer have a chance to farm for an expensive upgrade. In the past, I was able to farm 500k gold in 3 or 4 hours. That's just not possible now.

I made a spiral fort with hidden gaps. At quick glance it looks like a lame box fort. I like to watch the attacks on Replay. Sometimes someone will start a traditional attack. And then realize it's a spiral. There is always a 20 second pause after the first smasher is let loose. I think the attacker has an "oh sh!t" moment, and has to rethink his strategy. They either quit, or get pissed off and let loose all troops and spells. One guy spent 120k sheep and 3 spell, but got only 15k gold and 15k sheep. I guess he was hoping for something easy using a small portion of his troops. He couldn't bare to lose the trophies, so he went for it with all he had. I kinda felt sorry for that guy.

It seems that PvP is no longer profitable, and no longer fun. I guess I just have to wait for the mines and barns to generate resources.

glengon
09-21-2013, 06:27 AM
Throw away your trophies, farm at 0-100, upgrade dh to lvl 7, continue doing the same=pvp becomes enjoyable.
Yea and its really annoying to see so many spiral bases. Also, at DH7+ while we have more troops, they also cost more since theyre upgraded, so using bombers or 20 smashers on a spiral base is a no for me too...

csb
09-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Throw away your trophies, farm at 0-100, upgrade dh to lvl 7, continue doing the same=pvp becomes enjoyable.

arielucie was saying that farming was better with a lot of trophies. I have about 800 trophies, and was going try PvP at around 2000 trophies to see if arielucie is right.

A couple of weeks ago I had 1500 trophies, and dropped to 100 for farming. That was fun. But, i read that the PvP matching was fixed to be more reasonable, so i have been gaining trophies. But, I keep getting maxed out DH 7/8 opponents, which are a little too hard for my DH6 army. So, I guess the matching is still forcing us to lose trophies.

I can 100% a spiral fort with wood walls. But, level 6+ block walls are too hard for troops to dig through. And, using bombers means no profit.

YiffyDragonLadon
09-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I agree.. Those forts are annoying. We must fix this somehow. For the sake of individuality. This makes simply less fun :/

chickenjoy
09-21-2013, 07:46 PM
So, what does that mean if everyone has a spiral, or spiral variation?

I think the game was very fun in the past before everyone stated taking advantage of the smasher weakness.

I observe the same and the gameplay has lost some appeal. Most have spiral or a variation or open wall base. I'm using it too and i don't think it's fair.

Yes they are beatable but not efficient for non-pearl users.

STS devs are just ignoring because they make more money from pearl buyers who can afford to build armies that beat spiral bases.

Smashers are the most useless troop to upgrade atm.

glengon
09-21-2013, 08:07 PM

arielucie was saying that farming was better with a lot of trophies. I have about 800 trophies, and was going try PvP at around 2000 trophies to see if arielucie is right.

A couple of weeks ago I had 1500 trophies, and dropped to 100 for farming. That was fun. But, i read that the PvP matching was fixed to be more reasonable, so i have been gaining trophies. But, I keep getting maxed out DH 7/8 opponents, which are a little too hard for my DH6 army. So, I guess the matching is still forcing us to lose trophies.

I can 100% a spiral fort with wood walls. But, level 6+ block walls are too hard for troops to dig through. And, using bombers means no profit.
Im a dh8 atm, but the loot at 0-100 ia sigbificantly better than at 500-1000. I farm at 0-100, but recently i decided to try going up, and the loot was really really bad at 500-1000. Maybe it will improve at1k+? So, altthough pvp is "fixed" the loot at 0-100 is still better, but i dont know about above 1k, maybe it will be even better?

arielucie
09-21-2013, 11:08 PM

If i right pls share to other, so no more hidding anymore

Multibird
09-23-2013, 07:53 AM
Loot is both good at 0-100 trophies lvl and at higher level 1.5k +

Itoopeo
09-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Smashers should target the closest BUILDING inside a box and break trough. Not just the closest box

chickenjoy
09-24-2013, 02:55 AM
Loot is both good at 0-100 trophies lvl and at higher level 1.5k +

Multi at 0-100 trophy range the bases have poor defense.

Is it the same past 1.5k trophy range?

arielucie
09-24-2013, 03:19 PM

Yes chikenjoy, i always meet you on pvp random, i see you have a lot of reaources, but i always skip you, or only destroy your dh, you know why? There is to many ppl have a lot of resources with no defance at all :) belive me

glengon
09-24-2013, 05:15 PM

Yes chikenjoy, i always meet you on pvp random, i see you have a lot of reaources, but i always skip you, or only destroy your dh, you know why? There is to many ppl have a lot of resources with no defance at all :) belive me
Lol most of the time chicken has no gold and some sheep(like 200k to loot) only..

chickenjoy
09-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Lol most of the time chicken has no gold and some sheep(like 200k to loot) only..

Ya cause i pour my gold into walls right away.

Ok I will believe you.

Thanks for just destroying my DH i like that :victorious:

csb
09-24-2013, 09:03 PM

I dropped from 800 trophies to 400. At 400, it was a lot of fun. I farmed 3m gold and 2m sheep over the weekend. Almost every battle was 100%, with lots of profit.

Now, everything possible to upgrade at level 6 has been upgraded. (except 70% of walls are less than level 6) And, i have started the DH upgrade to level 7.

Wow... there is a big difference between having 800 trophies and 400 trophies. I guess that is by design. STS cannot bear to have a DH6 on the leader board.

glengon
09-25-2013, 04:34 AM

I dropped from 800 trophies to 400. At 400, it was a lot of fun. I farmed 3m gold and 2m sheep over the weekend. Almost every battle was 100%, with lots of profit.

Now, everything possible to upgrade at level 6 has been upgraded. (except 70% of walls are less than level 6) And, i have started the DH upgrade to level 7.

Wow... there is a big difference between having 800 trophies and 400 trophies. I guess that is by design. STS cannot bear to have a DH6 on the leader board.
Yep theres a huge difference ^^. For me currently the good loot is at 100-200, and at 200+ i rarely see a single 50k+ gold base. Gl..