PDA

View Full Version : Question for STS on new mythic warrior weapon

Crowsfoot
09-21-2013, 09:23 AM
Out of curiosity what does "chance to deal damage based on armor" mean? Additionally what is the chance of this awsome attack occuring? And, does this attack occur on all mobs, bosses, and PvP players, or only a few select types of targets?

Please clarify I am very intrigued.

Crowsfoot
09-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Ok I now know that the proc is called "pierce," and its pretty evident that I deal A LOT more damage on pierce. But, how is it calculated exactly? I only ask because depending on exactly how it is calculated I may want to sacrafice dps and damage in my ring for more armor.

Please clarify STG, thank you ahead of time.

Alrisaia
09-22-2013, 11:24 AM
hehe nice Axe mate

iluvataris
09-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Hehe, maybe this will speed up warrior vs warrior?

Ebezaanec
09-22-2013, 11:43 AM

Only if warriors don"t heal... ;)

Crowsfoot
09-22-2013, 12:35 PM

Spoiler alert: nope, wrecks rouges and mages though ;)

Taejo
09-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Out of curiosity what does "chance to deal damage based on armor" mean? Additionally what is the chance of this awsome attack occuring? And, does this attack occur on all mobs, bosses, and PvP players, or only a few select types of targets?

Please clarify I am very intrigued.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41806&d=1379628026

If I had to guess: the proc takes your total armor (let's say it's 1900) and throws it into a formula which converts into damage output. So your armor value is probably the multiplier, and the more you have the more damage you do. Things like the rings with +75 armor and Abaddon would perhaps be useful in increasing your damage output.

Armor for the Warrior Glaive starts at +1000 for 1s, then 500 for 1s, 250 for 1s, 150 for 1s, 75 for 1s

So if you proc the armor buff, I'm assuming the +1000, +500, etc. value gets thrown into the equation, especially if the pierce proc is separate from the +armor and +35 str proc. Are they 3 separate procs? Anyway, you can do the Bard quest in Traveler's Outpost over and over and test how armor values effect the damage.

EDIT: I'm sure the exact formula is more complex than what I described, and STG may or may not share it. To me, it sounds like the pierce proc's damage is more based on your armor value than it is your warrior's damage or damage bonus.

Crowsfoot
09-22-2013, 01:26 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41806&d=1379628026

If I had to guess: the proc takes your total armor (let's say it's 1900) and throws it into a formula which converts into damage output. So your armor value is probably the multiplier, and the more you have the more damage you do. Things like the rings with +75 armor and Abaddon would perhaps be useful in increasing your damage output.

So if you proc the armor buff, I'm assuming the +1000, +500, etc. value gets thrown into the equation, especially if the pierce proc is separate from the +armor and +35 str proc. Are they 3 separate procs? Anyway, you can do the Bard quest in Traveler's Outpost over and over and test how armor values effect the damage.

EDIT: I'm sure the exact formula is more complex than what I described, and STG may or may not share it. To me, it sounds like the pierce proc's damage is more based on your armor value than it is your warrior's damage or damage bonus.

I gathered all this. I'm looking for how signifacently armor affects pierce (I.E. is 60armor going to benefit damage output more than 7.5 damage and 7.3dps. Or at least be 99% as power ful as not trading damage/dps for armor).

And to answer your question: as far as I can tell they ate 3 seperate procs.

Taejo
09-22-2013, 01:53 PM
I gathered all this. I'm looking for how signifacently armor affects pierce (I.E. is 60armor going to benefit damage output more than 7.5 damage and 7.3dps. Or at least be 99% as power ful as not trading damage/dps for armor).

And to answer your question: as far as I can tell they ate 3 seperate procs.

Again, I'm just taking a wild guess, but I would probably say 7.5 dmg > 60 armor, judging by the theme we have going with the +armor proc. The range starting at +1000 tells me that it takes a good amount of armor to increase the damage output of the Pierce proc. The +1000 armor proc only lasts for 0.5 seconds and the probability of procing Pierce during that timeframe is microscopic. However, if you were so lucky to proc both during that 0.5 seconds, maybe it does as much damage as a crit Aimed Shot or more (which I must say would be pretty cool since it's a rare occurrence). Even +500 and +250 armor for 1 second are huge numbers, so I have my doubts that +60 armor would be very impacting on the damage output of Pierce.

I also doubt they'll release the formula, but here's to hoping :p. While they're at it, maybe they can tell us how much armor the Architect Blade's proc gives..........

Crowsfoot
09-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Fair point. I don't think I NEED more than 1958 armor, but I am considering it. I will probably get the ring and play around with it on some runs. Hate wasting a couple mil on a ring I may not even want :/