PDA

View Full Version : Disable PvE kill count when pets kill.

Soundlesskill
09-21-2013, 01:42 PM
I have seen people abusing this to PvE kill farm. I don't think it's fair they go to endless mob spawning places and put on HP gear and respec for HP, then stand still and turn on auto-clicker for pots. Then their pets kills

bhutkeyur
09-22-2013, 02:33 PM
is it legal to use autoclicker?

Soundlesskill
09-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Nope, but STS can't detect it. You could just be sitting in front of your computer pressing pots 24/7

Taejo
09-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I've heard of this as well. It's unfortunate people feel the need to cheat in a mobile game - and for what? A leader board spot and a pixelated banner? I'd rather STG just solves the issue of auto-clickers before making any changes to our pets - of course only if its possible and they have the resources to do so.

However, if there's no solution but to make this change, then we need the ability to toggle our pets from passive to aggressive. Passive so that I can still get the happiness bonus and accrue all of my PvE kills while kill-farming (not having to worry about my pet negating the kill count); and aggressive so that my pet can freely attack when I don't care about accruing PvE kills. We shouldn't have to suffer the consequences instilled by STG punishing the cheaters.

If all else fails, then I guess we're stuck with the original idea you posted. That would be a shame though for the people who play honestly, but at least it would put a stop to people cheating in this manner.

Soundlesskill
09-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Yeah, well at least to get rid of the auto clicking..

Morholt
09-23-2013, 04:03 AM
Auto-it programs are usually detectable--but who knows the kind of resources sts does & doesn't have.
And blockable by making a new "version." However, the program creaters are likely to make a new matching version, assuming they can break the code again.

As much as many don't want to hear this: sts is still a business at the end of a day, trying to provide for their families. They may be able to easily detect who is doing it...but at the end of the day, it is a fairly harmless exploit (just getting a spot on the leaderboard). And if someone is so invested to the game to be using such a program, they are likely an 'investor' to sts (what I mean is, they probably spend a good bit on platinum). This is further good for sts, as legit players may try to compete against them, meaning more elixirs bought.