PDA

View Full Version : Another arena complaint

Psykopathic28
09-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Ok so arena I think is working pretty well ATM. Loot seems nearly proper, chests are still a lil few but it is what it is there. The only real concern I see is what a lot of threads I assume have been posted about already.

Idc how much a boss does on their power attacks. 10k damage wutevs. I see it coming and I at least have a chance to move. I am at this point mostly mythic with a ton of health spec'd for a Mage in pvp (nearly 3500) and I constantly get 1 hit by this and only this boss. He has 1 specific attack that he uses in most matches, occasionally he will hold off and actually die. There is no charge, no warning, nothing. He just turns to you and you drop. My team can beat every boss there without revives. Whole team is basically all mythic and arcane but bloodhammer kills us with a mere glance it almost seems. My suggestion would be at this current cap to make maximum damage for any Pve boss or minion 3k or so on their criticals or whatever. Make it as high as you want on power attacks.

I don't want you to remove the difficulty of arena or get any handouts. Just remove this 1 ridiculous attack that is impossible to see coming, defend from, or really take any measure against. Pretty cheap IMO.

Taejo
09-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Pretty sure this is already being looked into by Lojack and we'll see a fix next update.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116880-Bug-Report-Bloodhammer-Arena-Instadeath

Soundlesskill
09-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Glob 1 shoots outside his red zone too.
Mothers web is 1 K.O too.

moot
09-21-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm going in arena alone with 4k health and 1k armor. And everything just 1 shotted ko me. So what can I expect if I go with a team if the bosses got higher dmg?

Taejo
09-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Glob 1 shoots outside his red zone too.
Mothers web is 1 K.O too.

Glob's 1-shot outside of his red zone is a "bug" that every boss in this game shares. What's actually happening is the direction that the boss is facing during the windup attack is not graphically accurate. I think someone said this was a latency issue. Anyway, you can test this on any boss that has a directional red zone: Frostbite, Antee, Mother, Krom, Glob, Bloodhammer... the list goes on. It's not an arena-specific bug. The way to avoid dying is simply to assume that they are facing the wrong way and just distance yourself out the imaginary 360-degree circle that would otherwise be the red zone. It works like a charm. Feel free to run arena with me any time and I'll show you :)

Energizeric
09-21-2013, 07:13 PM
I agree Psyk. I understand that much of this game is luck, but whether or not you live or die should not be luck but should be based on skill. There should be some warning, or strategy you can use to avoid such a hit, and it seems like there is not.

Taejo
09-21-2013, 07:29 PM
I agree Psyk. I understand that much of this game is luck, but whether or not you live or die should not be luck but should be based on skill. There should be some warning, or strategy you can use to avoid such a hit, and it seems like there is not.

Keep in mind that the Arena is a way to get rich by not having to venture into the elite maps. It also requires no plat to enter, which is a rare thing for STG to implement. That only leaves platinum revives and elixirs for them to profit off of. I think Carapace once said that dying instantly is just an added challenge to the game. Without it, nothing would be very difficult to overcome. I see this to be a true statement - especially since there are absolutely no consequences for dying other than your "deaths" number increasing and having to hike back to the party. In the Arena, you can still get loot by staying dead or standing along the lantern wall and your group kills the boss close to the other side (doesn't work for the final drop from Hox, however).

But don't take my reply the wrong way... I agree that Bloodhammer's random 1-shot is annoying. I think Lojack is looking into fixing it.

Soundlesskill
09-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Glob's 1-shot outside of his red zone is a "bug" that every boss in this game shares. What's actually happening is the direction that the boss is facing during the windup attack is not graphically accurate. I think someone said this was a latency issue. Anyway, you can test this on any boss that has a directional red zone: Frostbite, Antee, Mother, Krom, Glob, Bloodhammer... the list goes on. It's not an arena-specific bug. The way to avoid dying is simply to assume that they are facing the wrong way and just distance yourself out the imaginary 360-degree circle that would otherwise be the red zone. It works like a charm. Feel free to run arena with me any time and I'll show you :)

Notice how I said Glob, I never excluded the possibility that all the other bosses could do it. Besides I know when Glob is facing the wrong way, because my piercer pierces todaws there, I know when to move accordingly..
I never said I didn't move outside the 360 circle either, now you're just pinning stuff on me I never said a word about.

Taejo
09-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Notice how I said Glob, I never excluded the possibility that all the other bosses could do it. Besides I know when Glob is facing the wrong way, because my piercer pierces todaws there, I know when to move accordingly..
I never said I didn't move outside the 360 circle either, now you're just pinning stuff on me I never said a word about.

Settle down buddy. No one is doubting your skill here. I'm trying to provide feedback for everyone to read, not just you.

Frohnatur
09-21-2013, 11:03 PM
I think Carapace once said that dying instantly is just an added challenge to the game.

Uhm, how is a challenge that I cant overcome by my actions (other than a plat-revive) a challenge at all?! Doesn't a challenge include the fact that you can find a way to take it on and win?

A challenge where I dont have a chance is not a challenge. Its a money trap.

Taejo
09-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Uhm, how is a challenge that I cant overcome by my actions (other than a plat-revive) a challenge at all?! Doesn't a challenge include the fact that you can find a way to take it on and win?

A challenge where I dont have a chance is not a challenge. Its a money trap.

Call it what you will, but its been an integral part of the game since the Kraken campaign so I suggest we all get used to it. By the way, I don't recall ever having to spend money when I died... that choice is yours.

VanRah
09-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Keep in mind that the Arena is a way to get rich by not having to venture into the elite maps. It also requires no plat to enter, which is a rare thing for STG to implement. That only leaves platinum revives and elixirs for them to profit off of. I think Carapace once said that dying instantly is just an added challenge to the game. Without it, nothing would be very difficult to overcome. I see this to be a true statement - especially since there are absolutely no consequences for dying other than your "deaths" number increasing and having to hike back to the party. In the Arena, you can still get loot by staying dead or standing along the lantern wall and your group kills the boss close to the other side (doesn't work for the final drop from Hox, however).

But don't take my reply the wrong way... I agree that Bloodhammer's random 1-shot is annoying. I think Lojack is looking into fixing it.

There are consequences for dying other than ur "deaths" number increasing...NO ACHIEVEMENTS!!!

Jetzzz
09-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Bloodhammer attack (with exception of his crit attack) and web from mother is not an instant kill for rogue if you only party up to 3 people.
Regarding glob skill area attack, it already lock you up before he actually swing his arm. So you better move quickly asap as he using his area skill

Zeus
09-22-2013, 12:13 PM

Like, why are you always so paranoid, brah?

Maybe it's time to lay off of that good stuff...?

Taejo
09-22-2013, 12:20 PM
There are consequences for dying other than ur "deaths" number increasing...NO ACHIEVEMENTS!!!

True, I forgot about that. I guess that's what makes the Arena achievements challenging and fun. I remember it took me quite a few times before I got the Bloodhammer achievement without dying on my sorcerer - but the rogue in my party had to plat revive just so I'd accomplish it. Best rogue partner ever :)

Crowsfoot
09-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Ok so arena I think is working pretty well ATM. Loot seems nearly proper, chests are still a lil few but it is what it is there. The only real concern I see is what a lot of threads I assume have been posted about already.

Idc how much a boss does on their power attacks. 10k damage wutevs. I see it coming and I at least have a chance to move. I am at this point mostly mythic with a ton of health spec'd for a Mage in pvp (nearly 3500) and I constantly get 1 hit by this and only this boss. He has 1 specific attack that he uses in most matches, occasionally he will hold off and actually die. There is no charge, no warning, nothing. He just turns to you and you drop. My team can beat every boss there without revives. Whole team is basically all mythic and arcane but bloodhammer kills us with a mere glance it almost seems. My suggestion would be at this current cap to make maximum damage for any Pve boss or minion 3k or so on their criticals or whatever. Make it as high as you want on power attacks.

I don't want you to remove the difficulty of arena or get any handouts. Just remove this 1 ridiculous attack that is impossible to see coming, defend from, or really take any measure against. Pretty cheap IMO.

He waves his arm before using, simply start moving and he misses everytime. He usually waves in the direction he shoots. I agree we should get a red cone at least IMO.