PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions of which hybrids?

chriscw97
11-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Hi guys,

I really want to make a mage or dexmage but the only least used character i have is a str bird.
Can u guys tell me which one u think is more fun to play as....
Im lost in my mind i need ur help plz...

TheLaw
11-05-2010, 03:01 AM
I suppose Dexchanters are much more fun to play with if you know how to. StrBirds are not that much well liked. If your doing Birds, i suggest you to go pure.

chriscw97
11-05-2010, 03:35 AM
kk il try them thx

FluffNStuff
11-05-2010, 10:55 AM
I suppose Dexchanters are much more fun to play with if you know how to. StrBirds are not that much well liked. If your doing Birds, i suggest you to go pure.

Well played Strength Birds are Gawds in AO3 as they make taking down the OverLord a joke.
As for fun, Dex Bear. LOVE IT!

Arterra
11-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Warbirds are no joke the most dangerous class in the game. Imagine a tank with incredibly damaging skills and that is currently te only class that can personally take down the overlords shield and stay alive long enough (and with less risk) to make it worthwhile.

But yea you gotta learn to use them. Try out some low level Pvp to find out just what you need to do and you're set. I suggest decking out in lv30 frozen gear and tactics then, right before the hard parts begin.

Snakespeare
11-05-2010, 11:50 AM
It depends on what you intend to do with it. Each campaign is a little different. You've read what Arterra said about warbirds in AO3, for instance. I have several characters that I have xp-locked to keep them playing in their particular campaign. What I do first is pick the items I want to use, then think about the skill sets. So, like, if I had a bunch of brain-freeze items, for instance, I know I will develop INT and lock at 30. Then all I have to decide is which skill set I want.

I made a paladin for Balefort because I got Str armor and sword from Zyla. Balefort is high fantasy, so a paladin is ideal.

I made a pure mage for Swamps because of the voodoo. I have a polar bear... you get the idea...

CanonicalKoi
11-05-2010, 12:09 PM
As for fun, Dex Bear. LOVE IT!

Strongly seconding the above. I can't believe how much easier the lower levels seemed with my dexbear.

smoae
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
if youre going for level 50 pure str is fun.
if youre doin a twink do a dual so you can have 2 sets of weapons. its like getting two characters in one!

Arterra
11-05-2010, 04:17 PM
if youre going for level 50 pure str is fun.
if youre doin a twink do a dual so you can have 2 sets of weapons. its like getting two characters in one!

woa woa one step at a time though. let people try out at least 3-4 classes before we go all dual wielding crazy, or it is confusing.

chriscw97
11-06-2010, 03:52 AM
im going to do pvp....
I think ill make another dexbear

Tailless
11-06-2010, 06:52 AM
How viable is a Int bear for leveling?

TheLaw
11-06-2010, 11:59 AM
IntBear is only good for power leveling services as you are Beast with an apep staff. but otherwise, go pure (not entirely pure).