PDA

View Full Version : Kd & kdr

Caztori
09-23-2013, 07:33 AM
I think it's time to sort out the two expressions KD and KDR. I don't know if anyone have done it before, but a short guide here on the forums isn't wrong! I've seen alot of people using the expressions wrong, so therefor I will explain them here.

KD or K/D simply stands för Kills Deaths. If someone are asking you for your KD, they want to know how many kills and deaths you got.

KDR stands for Kill to Death Ratio. To know your KDR, you will have to use the following calculation: Kills / Deaths = KDR. If you're dividing your kills with deaths, you will get a ratio that shows how many kills you do in average before you get killed. So a KDR >1 means that you have more kills than deaths, and are shown as a positive number.

DocDoBig
09-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Problem is most people are too lazy to calculate the kdr. ;)

Chickenrunnn
09-23-2013, 11:09 AM

Taking a calculator is sooo complicated you know xD

Btw, what is my kdr when I have 111 kills and 0 death? :'(

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ku6SPRq8054/TGnWBQfBKJI/AAAAAAAAAvM/5bwQGaKCneo/s1600/divided+by+zero.jpg

Oh my god..

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/dafa53175fe4478e50c259943f2cc3571227989235_full.jp g

Zapoke
09-23-2013, 12:02 PM

In this game, zero is calculated as a one for KDR, so your KDR would be 111.

CrimsonTider
09-23-2013, 12:25 PM

I think he was being a funny guy. ;)

Zapoke
09-23-2013, 12:30 PM

I think he was being a funny guy. ;)

Probably, but I'm not really good at seeing humor while my brain cells are dying from sitting through an "Intro to Computers" class (which I took already... In 4th grade).

Zentry
09-23-2013, 01:08 PM
My Kdr on my new bird is about 1000, in my defense I have mostly played with 3x, and I have 10 deaths.

Oldcoot
09-23-2013, 01:12 PM
You know me so well, what's mine?
195436/13658 tell me so I don't half to do any math

MightyMicah
09-23-2013, 01:21 PM
My Kdr on my new bird is about 1000, in my defense I have mostly played with 3x, and I have 10 deaths.

Lol at first I was thinking in pvp terms and I was like "uh...bro?" xD

DocDoBig
09-23-2013, 01:24 PM
You know me so well, what's mine?
195436/13658 tell me so I don't half to do any math
14.3092693!
Yes i did not use calculators.

Oldcoot
09-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Ohh, that's bad huh. Good thing I don't care

The Sadness
09-24-2013, 08:17 AM
So, can I do this after every pvp match?

/t cazteri what's my kdr now? Here are numbers...

DocDoBig
09-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Ohh, that's bad huh. Good thing I don't care

I don't know actually. I have around the same.

WhoIsThis
09-27-2013, 11:21 PM
The funny thing is that people get so worked up on K/D ratio. It really does not mean much for skill. There's plenty of kill farming going on still.

Total kills might represent some degree of experience. Experience is correlated with skill strongly, but at the same time, with kill farming being what it is. The other is that some people do inevitably have slower learning curves. The point is that you should not get too worked up over these. In fact, I might regard a person with a 1 to 1 K/D ratio more highly than a person with a very high ratio. The reason being that they are more likely to have fought very tough opponents and are more likely to be more skilled in this regard than someone with a really high K/D ratio. Some of the greatest players of PL PvP did not have very high K/D ratios.

Source: Personal experience. I may have been an average skilled player (in my opinion I was anyways), but I do have enough experience to know who was a capable player and who was not. Let me put it this way, you won't know how good your opponent is, until you fight them many times.

Caiahar
09-28-2013, 05:57 AM
The funny thing is that people get so worked up on K/D ratio. It really does not mean much for skill. There's plenty of kill farming going on still.

Total kills might represent some degree of experience. Experience is correlated with skill strongly, but at the same time, with kill farming being what it is. The other is that some people do inevitably have slower learning curves. The point is that you should not get too worked up over these. In fact, I might regard a person with a 1 to 1 K/D ratio more highly than a person with a very high ratio. The reason being that they are more likely to have fought very tough opponents and are more likely to be more skilled in this regard than someone with a really high K/D ratio. Some of the greatest players of PL PvP did not have very high K/D ratios.

Source: Personal experience. I may have been an average skilled player (in my opinion I was anyways), but I do have enough experience to know who was a capable player and who was not. Let me put it this way, you won't know how good your opponent is, until you fight them many times.
This :D

Whenever I see a rhino with many kills, (not 20 rhinos...) I get on my pvp chars and look around if they really are good. I challenge them to a fight to 10.

Rhinos are hard to kill with, if they have many kills, but also even more or near amount of deaths, ik they are decent or good. As rhino does take skill to use.

Waug
09-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Taking a calculator is sooo complicated you know xD

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ku6SPRq8054/TGnWBQfBKJI/AAAAAAAAAvM/5bwQGaKCneo/s1600/divided+by+zero.jpg

Oh my god..

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/dafa53175fe4478e50c259943f2cc3571227989235_full.jp g

not trying to be math geek atall, but

0/0 isnot equals to 1 atall :)
actually it is not possible to devide a zero with zero

Zapoke
09-28-2013, 09:44 AM

0/0 isnot equals to 0 atall :)

Perhaps reading the words on the picture would help:
"Fallacies based on division by zero
The fallacy is the implicit assumption that dividing by 0 is a legitimate operation"

Gragorak
09-28-2013, 10:19 AM

0/0 isnot equals to 1 atall :)
actually it is not possible to devide a zero with zero
It's possible to divide by zero in computer arithmetic with floating points. This is because in IEEE floating point standard defines two different zeros, positive and negative one.

Zaonabiuibil
09-28-2013, 10:37 AM
We all get it, now get back on topic :P

I agree with WhoIsThis, as it is so easy to farm kills nowadays, the only people you really know are good aren't the ones who say they are, but the ones who show you firsthand.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

MightyMicah
09-28-2013, 10:38 PM

I see where you're coming from, but I'd have to disagree. Nine times out of ten when I fight someone with a 1/1 KDR, I'm able to beat them. Then again, I mostly twink so I suppose that could change things.

Roberto077
09-28-2013, 11:15 PM
I see where you're coming from, but I'd have to disagree. Nine times out of ten when I fight someone with a 1/1 KDR, I'm able to beat them. Then again, I mostly twink so I suppose that could change things.

Then again, nine time out of ten you could beat a person with a 1000/1 kdr, if you catch my drift.

WhoIsThis
10-01-2013, 09:24 PM

Sigh - it's been a while since I was here. Most of the top PvPers seem to have left. Yeah I'd have to concede that.

But in another way, that does prove my point - KD ratios are useless (save for ego stroking).