PDA

View Full Version : Opened Grand crate of watch?

Prahasit Prahi
09-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Hey all

This is jus my dream I don't know it would work or not bt jus a bit try

why cant there be Opened locked grand crate of watch I mean if we get a Locked grand crate of watch its better we Unlock first and then Open or sell so that non platinum user also get boosted with this sts doesnt loose anything because everyone have to open the crate with 15plat first to unlock

hopefully if any dev like this )

ty :)

faychen
09-24-2013, 12:19 AM
So the unlocked crates will be more ecpensive.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk 4

Shadow217
09-24-2013, 12:32 AM
Oh I see this is something I never fought of good idea but I'm sure people have suggestions.

Prahasit Prahi
09-24-2013, 12:37 AM
So the unlocked crates will be more ecpensive.

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk 4

yes they will expensive and they will be good for the non platinum users
and the platinum users also get befinited as they can unlock and keep them in auction and they can be sold out at 4times the price of noraml locked crates atleast 2times :)

Morholt
09-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Soooo....you esessentially want to pay 15 plat for elite golden pirate chests, warchests, and puzzleboxes thay are way easier to find?

Prahasit Prahi
09-24-2013, 02:01 AM
Dude I said locked grand crate of watches not the chests pls read the post correctly and understand first

Taejo
09-24-2013, 02:19 AM
Soooo....you esessentially want to pay 15 plat for elite golden pirate chests, warchests, and puzzleboxes thay are way easier to find?

I think what prahi means is players can unlock the Grand Crates using their own plat, but it doesn't open it up yet. This gives them the option to sell an "Unlocked Grand Crate" (which people can open for free) or choose to open it up for themselves. Neat idea.

xmakx
09-24-2013, 02:21 AM
elite golden pirate chests, warchests, and puzzleboxes have a lower chance at getting legen items than the common golden chests. I opened around 40 of elite golden ones and got only 3 legen items and no mythic or arcane.
Locked crates are much better in comparison to elite golden pirate chests, warchests, and puzzleboxes if that is what you meant.

Linkincena
09-24-2013, 02:31 AM
It's a great idea prahi.. thumbs up...

Prahasit Prahi
09-24-2013, 02:52 AM
I think what prahi means is players can unlock the Grand Crates using their own plat, but it doesn't open it up yet. This gives them the option to sell an "Unlocked Grand Crate" (which people can open for free) or choose to open it up for themselves. Neat idea.

yes thats what I mean
they can simply unlock and can sell them or open themselves maybe the name of crate must change to Unlocked Grand crate of watch after unlocking
thats what i mean :)

chitgoks
09-24-2013, 03:34 AM
and there will be more scammers telling players they will unlock crates for free lol.

if the price of unlocked grand crates won't go way down in auction, this will be a good idea

Prahasit Prahi
09-24-2013, 03:52 AM
and there will be more scammers telling players they will unlock crates for free lol.

if the price of unlocked grand crates won't go way down in auction, this will be a good idea

those type of scammers can be avoided if this idea is implemented

And the price won't decrease because non platinum users are more compared to platinum users...so the price won't decrease to my view

It would be helpful to lots of players like who simply want to convert platinum to gold can easily open these crates and sell them many will be benifited and for sure sts won't get loss....
They can keep weekends like double loot of locked crates..even though the crazy for crates goes on for sure

Alhuntrazeck
09-24-2013, 10:07 AM
+1, but if STS were to implement new crates they'd be the Locked Grander Crates of the Watch with 1.5x odds and double the plat!

No offesne to them, but I don't see em wanting to let non-platters get loot from a crate like it was an elite warchest/puzzlebox/whatever.

Prahasit Prahi
09-24-2013, 10:20 AM
+1, but if STS were to implement new crates they'd be the Locked Grander Crates of the Watch with 1.5x odds and double the plat!

No offesne to them, but I don't see em wanting to let non-platters get loot from a crate like it was an elite warchest/puzzlebox/whatever.

we can loot from those chests bt drop is too low

one day my friend opened 10 crates got mythic helm in 9 th crate
I myself opened those boxes worth around 3m not even 1 mythic..i got only 2 legendary thats it
so those 10 crates costed around 120k and lets convert the consumed platinum into gold 150 platinum equals 150k (in words of sts)

so total let it be 300k

for me 3m no mythic :(

thats the reason i came up with this thread :)

Desperoto
09-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Yeh should be cool, but they have to be rare or STS will lose their best money make. Only possible to get is reroll it from an elite golden warchest.

FluffNStuff
09-24-2013, 10:47 AM
This is an ~interesting~ idea. Not going to write it off just yet, as it has potential. Need to think more of the repercussions. But +1 for the suggestion.
Unlocked Grand Crates. Hmm.
They would need to change color first as to distinguish themselves, so perhaps they would be 'Mythical'.
And there would need to be two buttons on original, one too "Just Unlock and Transform" and one to "Unlock and Open", since true plat players don't want two steps to get in.
And most important, what would this do to the market? Who would just unlock these? You need to buy them then unlock, but not open. It would cost 15 plat, so that has a base cost of 15K, so the market would auto add 19-20K to the price. (Kind of like how the leprechaun holds steady around 190-210)
Again, good suggestions, needs more study!

Prahasit Prahi
09-24-2013, 11:15 AM
This is an ~interesting~ idea. Not going to write it off just yet, as it has potential. Need to think more of the repercussions. But +1 for the suggestion.
Unlocked Grand Crates. Hmm.
They would need to change color first as to distinguish themselves, so perhaps they would be 'Mythical'.
And there would need to be two buttons on original, one too "Just Unlock and Transform" and one to "Unlock and Open", since true plat players don't want two steps to get in.
And most important, what would this do to the market? Who would just unlock these? You need to buy them then unlock, but not open. It would cost 15 plat, so that has a base cost of 15K, so the market would auto add 19-20K to the price. (Kind of like how the leprechaun holds steady around 190-210)
Again, good suggestions, needs more study!

Actually what I mean is not to change the color or loot
Im talking about the present locked crates so whats in my mind Im gonna explain listen

The locked grand crate of watch will be the same while looting bt here comes the change while u open first unlock with 15platinum and then the option turns to open chest as like normal and the name also must change to Unlocked or Opened Grand crate of watch so that there will be a difference between the two and no confusions

U asked who would jus unlock these right>?

Ive seen many player who like to convert platinum to gold by converting or presently like buying lepraunchans and selling so now if this is implemented they will unlock and sell locks and I'm sure many players are ready to buy locks for 50k if they wer platinum free :) and some players beeing unlucky opening many crates and getting nothing

Process will be like this :

Step 1:Looting a Locked Grand Crate of watch (or buying from auction)

Step 2:Now when u tap on this crate in ur inventory it shows=Unlock chest for 15platinum

My new IDEA from step 3

Step 3:now when u tap on Unlock chest for 15platinum

changes occuring
Unlock chest for 15platinum(uses 15platinum then) turns to Open chest(ex: is how we open normal chests copper,silver,gold this option comes in position of Unlock chest for 15platinum)

so now the name should change from LOCKED Grand Crate of Watch to Unlocked grand crate of watch or Opened Grand crate of watch

Step 4:If we want we can keep in auction or open them

That's it

JaytB
09-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Sounds cool but wouldn't that just kill elite chest farming?

I mean, who would buy elite chests if they can buy unlocked crates with better chances and better loot?

I can't see profit margins (referring to in game gold) being very high on the suggested 'unlocked watch crates', because if it was then everyone would be unlocking them and reselling them, so the price would tumble. If profit margins aren't high, prices of elite chests should even be way lower if you'd want anybody to buy these, now 2nd rated, chests.

Maybe prices of those new unlocked crates would somehow be ridiculously high but I seriously doubt it because it would be such an easy way to cash in on. The only way to make them more expensive would be to reduce locked crate drop chance drastically, so their prices would go up, but that just doesn't sound like a smart business move for so many reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea and maybe I'm just looking at it wrongly, but I only see a negative impact on PvE farming, especially elite farming.

Prahasit Prahi
09-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Sounds cool but wouldn't that just kill elite chest farming?

I mean, who would buy elite chests if they can buy unlocked crates with better chances and better loot?

I can't see profit margins (referring to in game gold) being very high on the suggested 'unlocked watch crates', because if it was then everyone would be unlocking them and reselling them, so the price would tumble. If profit margins aren't high, prices of elite chests should even be way lower if you'd want anybody to buy these, now 2nd rated, chests.

Maybe prices of those new unlocked crates would somehow be ridiculously high but I seriously doubt it because it would be such an easy way to cash in on. The only way to make them more expensive would be to reduce locked crate drop chance drastically, so their prices would go up, but that just doesn't sound like a smart business move for so many reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea and maybe I'm just looking at it wrongly, but I only see a negative impact on PvE farming, especially elite farming.

Yea I myself agree that elite PVE farming decreases bt now everyone is not farming elite every human being interest differs

bt the loot drop differs a lot

I simply say we can't get anything completly if we need something we need to loose somehing blah blah lol :P

FluffNStuff
09-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Actually what I mean is not to change the color or loot
Im talking about the present locked crates so whats in my mind Im gonna explain listen

The locked grand crate of watch will be the same while looting bt here comes the change while u open first unlock with 15platinum and then the option turns to open chest as like normal and the name also must change to Unlocked or Opened Grand crate of watch so that there will be a difference between the two and no confusions

I mean change the color of the box from pink to orange when it is unlocked (It is now worth more). That would remove the hint of confusion between a locked and unlocked crate, since these are quickly opened/sold/transfered.

Prahasit Prahi
09-24-2013, 11:58 AM
I mean change the color of the box from pink to orange when it is unlocked (It is now worth more). That would remove the hint of confusion between a locked and unlocked crate, since these are quickly opened/sold/transfered.

oh yea this is a great idea if they change the color it would can be identified easily without confusion

thx for the support and idea

GoodSyntax
09-24-2013, 11:59 AM
I love the idea, but the ramifications to the economy are substantial. As JaytB said, pricing of Locked Crates AND Elite Golden chests would drop significantly.

Perhaps another worthwhile solution is to drop these VIP Crates as Mythic items from Elite Maps - which will keep people farming, and with such a small and controlled supply, won't negatively affect market prices for Elite Chests and Locked Crates.

Prahasit Prahi
09-24-2013, 12:06 PM
I love the idea, but the ramifications to the economy are substantial. As JaytB said, pricing of Locked Crates AND Elite Golden chests would drop significantly.

Perhaps another worthwhile solution is to drop these VIP Crates as Mythic items from Elite Maps - which will keep people farming, and with such a small and controlled supply, won't negatively affect market prices for Elite Chests and Locked Crates.

mythic items cannot be farmed and the prices of elite chests may decrease not the locked crates....because to unlock crate first we need to buy these...
Anyways u like the idea thx

Taejo
09-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Like I said earlier, it's a neat idea. However, there are a few potential issues with this idea that I didn't realize until now.

The biggest problem with this idea is its subtle, yet substantial, uprising of a pay-to-win environment. The people who spend money on plat and "unlock" the crates are now the primary bread winners in the game, because I'm pretty sure these unlocked crates will sell at a very high price - with an equal plat-gold exchange, 150k at least. They also, of course, have the option to just open them for loot as usual. This puts them at an advantage over the humble farmers who rely on selling elite chests to make good money or opening them for a much lower chance at mythics/arcanes than locked crates. Which brings me to my second point: this idea greatly takes away the appeal of farming elite maps. End-game farmers will not have much reason to run elite maps because there's no longer a significant value associated with Puzzleboxes. Elite Golden Puzzleboxes will be somewhat pointless to farm in terms of risk versus reward, because the unlocked crates will be a) much easier to gather, b) much more valuable and c) a better purchase from the CS to open for mythic items - even for farmers. Lastly, as GoodSyntax pointed out, the ramifications on the economy will be substantial, but more importantly, the overall mood/environment within the game will drastically change. We'll go from guilds running elite maps for valuable assets to guilds farming KM3 and Jarl 24/7 and converting locked crates into unlocked crates for profit. The entire population of the game will be sitting in town and not actually fighting anything (a bit exaggerated, but you get my point).

We already have a good amount of dishonest and greedy merches throughout the game that suck on the blood of farmers. Having an option for the rich to get even richer (heavy plat spenders and crate poppers) will only detriment the enjoyment of the game for your humble farmers. I foresee a lot people giving up if this were to be implemented.

However, the idea that GoodSyntax mentioned of a mythic-rarity chest dropping in elite maps is not a terrible idea. I believe Energizeric brought up this idea in the past, and it seemed to be an interesting idea. If the "unlocked crates" dropped at a mythic rate, say 1/1000 runs, this might be an interesting addition to the game. However, the contents would have to have much better payouts than a normal locked crate, due to the rarity of even finding one. Something like a chance at 250k, 500k, 750k or 1m gold, a chance at a mythic item, and a chance at 1-50 plat would be pretty nice :)

Energizeric
09-26-2013, 08:09 PM
I think Taejo gave a good analysis of this. While it's a great idea, it potentially has a number of big problems with it, so I don't know if I would suppose this idea.

Prahasit Prahi
09-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Like I said earlier, it's a neat idea. However, there are a few potential issues with this idea that I didn't realize until now.

The biggest problem with this idea is its subtle, yet substantial, uprising of a pay-to-win environment. The people who spend money on plat and "unlock" the crates are now the primary bread winners in the game, because I'm pretty sure these unlocked crates will sell at a very high price - with an equal plat-gold exchange, 150k at least. They also, of course, have the option to just open them for loot as usual. This puts them at an advantage over the humble farmers who rely on selling elite chests to make good money or opening them for a much lower chance at mythics/arcanes than locked crates. Which brings me to my second point: this idea greatly takes away the appeal of farming elite maps. End-game farmers will not have much reason to run elite maps because there's no longer a e value associated with Puzzleboxes. Elite Golden Puzzleboxes will be somewhat pointless to farm in terms of risk versus reward, because the unlocked crates will be a) much easier to gather, b) much more valuable and c) a better purchase from the CS to open for mythic items - even for farmers. Lastly, as GoodSyntax pointed out, the ramifications on the economy will be substantial, but more importantly, the overall mood/environment within the game will drastically change. We'll go from guilds running elite maps for valuable assets to guilds farming KM3 and Jarl 24/7 and converting locked crates into unlocked crates for profit. The entire population of the game will be sitting in town and not actually fighting anything (a bit exaggerated, but you get my point).

We already have a good amount of dishonest and greedy merches throughout the game that suck on the blood of farmers. Having an option for the rich to get even richer (heavy plat spenders and crate poppers) will only detriment the enjoyment of the game for your humble farmers. I foresee a lot people giving up if this were to be implemented.

However, the idea that GoodSyntax mentioned of a mythic-rarity chest dropping in elite maps is not a terrible idea. I believe Energizeric brought up this idea in the past, and it seemed to be an interesting idea. If the "unlocked crates" dropped at a mythic rate, say 1/1000 runs, this might be an interesting addition to the game. However, the contents would have to have much better payouts than a normal locked crate, due to the rarity of even finding one. Something like a chance at 250k, 500k, 750k or 1m gold, a chance at a mythic item, and a chance at 1-50 plat would be pretty nice :)

I lost all my hopes by seeing taejo comment sry.....
As is don't work they.can close this thread

Toniiecore
10-08-2013, 01:25 AM
How about with loot the Elite bosses can drop "Unlocked Grant Chests?
Great idea. :)

Terracio
10-08-2013, 04:07 AM
Good idea on paper but would make making money for non plat users even harder.

Ok so unlocked chests are available, what incentive is there to buy Elite Golden Chests? Ok so lower their price to sell them and right there an item thats much harder to get than a locked crate loses a lot of value.

Furthermore the locked kind might lose value as the non plat users will probably prefer de unlocked kind and the ones buying the locked type are the plat users who will surely buy only for very cheap for bulk quantities for their new business venture.

So what's left? Merching? As it is that's the only option many have right now to the point im noticing an over abundance of merchers.