PDA

View Full Version : Remove Player Clicks in Dungeons

FluffNStuff
09-24-2013, 10:34 AM
The ability to click on a player and bring up the option menu in a dungeon is extremely frustrating and completely unnecessary. These options can be moved to the player names on the left where half of them are anyway (just trade and message need to be added to name list menu). This game has been designed to be played on small devices and it is extremely easy to miss tap a skill and instead tap a player walking where your skills are and bring up their menu and click something in an intense battle. This typically results in your screen getting covered with either a trade window or a message window covering the fight as you frantically curse at it and try to get rid of it, just in time to find yourself dead. This is a frustration that hurts the game and there is no reason for it. At the least, there should be an option to disable player clicks.

Thanks!!!

Taejo
09-24-2013, 11:39 AM
+1 (again)

Deadroth
09-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Or just put in options "allow viewing player menu", if You will click it You can click on player, and view, trade, message, invitation, gift, avatar ect. But if not. You can't just click on player.

GoodSyntax
09-24-2013, 11:42 AM
To everyone that I invited to trade in the middle of an elite map, please accept an apology from my sausage fingers

Pandamoni
09-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Yep! I posted this awhile ago, too! I don't understand why I need to be able to click the player rather than click their name on the left side of the screen. I've died quite a few times from opening trade or getting stuck with their option menu on my screen.

FluffNStuff
09-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Yep! I posted this awhile ago, too! I don't understand why I need to be able to click the player rather than click their name on the left side of the screen. I've died quite a few times from opening trade or getting stuck with their option menu on my screen.

To everyone that I invited to trade in the middle of an elite map, please accept an apology from my sausage fingers

+1 (again)

Or just put in options "allow viewing player menu", if You will click it You can click on player, and view, trade, message, invitation, gift, avatar ect. But if not. You can't just click on player.

I know this has been suggested, but I can't fathom why they don't take it seriously. It is a serious design flaw since the game is intended for small devices and it causes extreme frustration, which causes players to rage quit. Perhaps the players that rage quit over this don't get their voices heard since well ... they quit. I have come close quite a few times, but only my previous investment in the game has stopped me. Not stopped me from quitting for the night, tossing the device and cursing up a storm, but I do come back the next day.

Pandamoni
09-24-2013, 12:04 PM
I know this has been suggested, but I can't fathom why they don't take it seriously. It is a serious design flaw since the game is intended for small devices and it causes extreme frustration, which causes players to rage quit. Perhaps the players that rage quit over this don't get their voices heard since well ... they quit. I have come close quite a few times, but only my previous investment in the game has stopped me. Not stopped me from quitting for the night, tossing the device and cursing up a storm, but I do come back the next day.

Heck, I take it a step further and say that the whole pet menu is obnoxious, too. But others say they feed or play with their pet using that menu so, who knows. It bugs the crap out of me.

FluffNStuff
09-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Heck, I take it a step further and say that the whole pet menu is obnoxious, too. But others say they feed or play with their pet using that menu so, who knows. It bugs the crap out of me.

Those bug me, and would love to see em gone, but at least they do not fill the screen taking you completely out of the game in the middle of an elite fight just to return dead. Hence, ~less~ cursing and tossing of device.

Taejo
09-24-2013, 01:10 PM

Lol, ask Myungji how many times I've sent her the PM: "aaaaa" or "wwwww" or "ddddd" during a fight because I accidentally clicked her toon with my mouse and opening the chat box somehow! And of course this freezes my character and people almost die from mobs/boss :(

Derezzzed
09-24-2013, 01:55 PM
+1 Devs please do this!

Samhayne
09-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Hey guys,

This is on "ye olde list of quality of life improvements to do" It does require a new client, so the soonest it would be seen is a little ways out. No guarantees (like anything else in life) but yes, this issue is on the list.

Thanks!

FluffNStuff
09-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Hey guys,

This is on "ye olde list of quality of life improvements to do" It does require a new client, so the soonest it would be seen is a little ways out. No guarantees (like anything else in life) but yes, this issue is on the list.

Thanks!

THANKS!!! That is all I wanted to hear, that this issue is taken seriously. Thank you!!! (Out of fake thanks, so my real thanks will have to do!)

Pandamoni
09-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks!

*does a happy dance*

bramer
09-24-2013, 04:31 PM
*does a happy dance*

*does even happier dance*

Pandamoni
09-24-2013, 04:38 PM
*does even happier dance*

*stops dancing and cheers bramer on*

Derezzzed
09-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks!

*does backflip*

Carapace
09-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Here's an update on this guys.

Luckily the work associated wasn't a lot so I was able to take some time out to tweak this and put it in. Sometime in the near future there will be a change that adds a new option to the Options -> Social menu. "Enable Player Context Outside Town". This is on by default, but if you toggle it off you will no longer get a contextual menu that pops up over the players head in non-town dungeons. Dungeons will still have this enabled even with the option disabled.

The request for 'Trade' and 'Message' on the group menu actually already exist. It's nestled inside of the "Send" option. I will bring them out of there into the main group menu for easier access, but Gift and Invitation will remain.

JaytB
09-26-2013, 06:01 PM

Luckily the work associated wasn't a lot so I was able to take some time out to tweak this and put it in. Sometime in the near future there will be a change that adds a new option to the Options -> Social menu. "Enable Player Context Outside Town". This is on by default, but if you toggle it off you will no longer get a contextual menu that pops up over the players head in non-town dungeons. Dungeons will still have this enabled even with the option disabled.

The request for 'Trade' and 'Message' on the group menu actually already exist. It's nestled inside of the "Send" option. I will bring them out of there into the main group menu for easier access, but Gift and Invitation will remain.

Sounds sweet to me! I'm all for my keyboard not popping up anymore in the middle of a fight :D

FluffNStuff
09-26-2013, 06:12 PM

WooooooHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Energizeric
09-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Nice! I agree it is something that needs a change. I can't even tell you how many times somehow I've opened up a trade window with someone while we are fighting the boss in an elite dungeon! haha

Ebezaanec
09-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Woot! Less deaths for me! Thanks devs!