PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Question

Betrayal
09-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Is AL going to do holiday vanity or banners every year?

Zanpakuto
09-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Hopefully winter arlor will be back!

miistic
09-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Hopefully winter arlor will be back!

yus

Helicopter
09-24-2013, 06:15 PM
In a way,I want it back and not want it back at the same time.
Reason for not wanting it back is,People have spent hundred thousands of gold for this vanity ever since vanity became tradeable. And it'll be unfair for those who already used their hard-earned money to get this.
My reason for wanting it back is because it looks kool :P

Energizeric
09-24-2013, 06:27 PM
They should have new ones but make them sightly different so that the originals would stay unique. They can just change some of the colors or something.

Taejo
09-24-2013, 06:30 PM
They should have new ones but make them sightly different so that the originals would stay unique. They can just change some of the colors or something.

I want a dreidel costume for smurfs. I'm not Jewish, but I think its in all fairness a cute costume idea for the holiday season :)

Morholt
09-24-2013, 07:39 PM
In a way,I want it back and not want it back at the same time.
Reason for not wanting it back is,People have spent hundred thousands of gold for this vanity ever since vanity became tradeable. And it'll be unfair for those who already used their hard-earned money to get this.
My reason for wanting it back is because it looks kool :PIt's completely fair. They chose to spend that much gold.
If you want items faster and sooner, you're going to be finding yourself paying more than you would have to at a future point of time.
Just like with elite legendary gear...some may sell for 500k early on...but months later*it'll be worth 1/5 of that.

I don't understand how so many can complain about their gear losing value, yet I see so many people prancing around in upgraded mythic gear. 5 million gold spent just to make it worth zero gold. Considering all last season most people would say the filthy rich achievement was only possible by borrowing gold, I don't want to hear "I use the upgraded mythic gear to farm back more gold than it had cost" because it appears that most of you can't farm substantial amounts of gold.

Spyce
09-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Usually STG just changes the colors of the items from last year.

Crowsfoot
09-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Christmas is a binge spending time in wealthy countries. I would guess the following to happen:

1) plat sale

2) holiday gear, pets, and vanity (obviously snowball will return to stable).

3) myth weapons back in crates

4) the holiday goblin returns to arlor (for all who played last chrsitmas it seems probable being how popular he was. There was even a St.Patty's spin off).

5) (this is a hope, I doubt it will happen) increase drop rates of elite golden chests :)

Frohnatur
09-24-2013, 11:33 PM
you bet they will come back. Its a plat sink hole. And thats the reason I sold mine long ago for good gold.

saiyen
09-25-2013, 12:31 AM
No snowball plz, thats the only cool pet that makes me shine :(

Crowsfoot
09-25-2013, 12:35 AM
No snowball plz, thats the only cool pet that makes me shine :(

"a pet only around during the holiday season." I already have my 15plat put aside. Going to name him frostyflakes

Chaim Nail
09-25-2013, 06:56 AM
I don't understand how so many can complain about their gear losing value, yet I see so many people prancing around in upgraded mythic gear. 5 million gold spent just to make it worth zero gold. Considering all last season most people would say the filthy rich achievement was only possible by borrowing gold, I don't want to hear "I use the upgraded mythic gear to farm back more gold than it had cost" because it appears that most of you can't farm substantial amounts of gold.

Current mythic helm is lvl26, cap is lvl36 at the moment, legendary helms of the next expansion will likely exceed the lvl26 mythic helm which its value will then crash hard, so what's the point in not upgrading it?

Frohnatur
09-26-2013, 01:12 AM
Current mythic helm is lvl26, cap is lvl36 at the moment, legendary helms of the next expansion will likely exceed the lvl26 mythic helm which its value will then crash hard, so what's the point in not upgrading it?

exactly.

Morholt
09-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Lvl 36 legendary is better than lvl 26 mythic.
End game, the helm is only useable after you upgrade it.

The point in not upgrading it is to get your 1.5 million gold for it.

Once you upgrade it, it is worth nothing, regardless of how good it is. And in a season or two, they won't be that good. Can buy elite ledgenaries for 200k. That's 7 seasons with a current mythic helm price!

Also, why are you talking about an item's usefulness to jusitfy its value? By that, the vanities should be worth nothing at all, since they do nothing to your stats. :P

So again...people are complaining about their vanities losing SOME of their value, while they completely throw away the value of their other items?

Wutzgood
09-26-2013, 08:48 AM
you bet they will come back. Its a plat sink hole. And thats the reason I sold mine long ago for good gold.

How mad will you be if they don't release the exact ones and price in old ones goes up?

Morholt
09-26-2013, 02:46 PM
How mad will you be if they don't release the exact ones and price in old ones goes up?Considering the supply will be the same and demand virtually the same...don't plan for much of a rise if any.
He took a smart bet by selling. He can buy back for a similar price in the future if he can't get them again for platinum.

Value MAY decrease as we get closer to the holiday season, as many will hold off buying in fear of the re-release & sellers "panic sell."

Wutzgood
09-26-2013, 03:41 PM
I agree value will decrease before the holidays but if it isn't rereleased I see the price rising more than the mil its going for now.

sevenpain
09-29-2013, 09:19 PM
That so unfair I have spend lot of gold thinking they are rare to get.
Should at least come up with different vanity so those old vanity still have value.

Valkiryas
09-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Is ur choice spend that gold, I wish these vanitys return ( Maybe with other colors but same look )