PDA

View Full Version : Unfair system

iamgrim
09-25-2013, 04:50 AM
i notice that this game gives an unfair item system to everyone. i mean if u are a spender u should have the advantage. but i saw that this not apply in this game. being a hard mercher is what u need to learn if u want to have nice set ir items and pets. why sts dont release an item that only purchasable by plat and cant trade to anyone to make things better and be more spender friendly game? i mean im not a spender but watching this guys paying few bucks and got nothing hurts me. like one of my guild friend open 101 locked and got nothing cool from it. but me who never do any plat offer and ofcourse never bought plat have a mythic bow and armor and soon will have a helm. why people who spend more get less and people dont spend get more? just asking what the sts think bout this? isn't it better to do this than to release new items in locked that will lure people opening it? just saying.

Chaim Nail
09-25-2013, 06:40 AM
There are pets that can only be acquired by spending platinum.

Spending platinum on opening crates to get good items is a gamble, sometimes you hear of people opening a few and getting a decent item and sometimes you hear of people opening hundreds and getting nothing worth and real value. The first plat I bought I spent on inventory slots and auction slots because I thought they would help with merchandising, and they did - when the there was a high mythic-from-crates weekend I sold my accumulation of crates and bought a mythic sword. The weekend just gone I did buy some plat to open crates (13 of them) and got lucky on the 6th with 100 platinum & mythic armor, the remainder of my farmed crates got sold to buy a mythic helm.

This game is a cross between luck and hard work, some people get real lucky, some people put the time into getting gold for the best items.

Hectororius
09-25-2013, 09:36 AM
I think this is the first Free-to-Play game that I've encountered where the developer isn't focused on making a game that rely's heavily on the Pay-to-Win model. Everyone can enjoy the game regardless if they want to spend money or not. If spent correctly, the free plat offers available are more than enough to get decent gear, inventory and auction slots so that you have the chance to work hard and play hard to get good at the game.

If you want to spend money to buy your gear, you do have that available to you by converting your plat to gold and then going to the AH/CS and buying it, or there are better ways to convert your plat to gold (yes legal) and get more than the conversion rate offered.

My friend on the weekend probably opened 5-10 crates and won the 'lottery' by cracking a mythic and selling it. But we both equally spend our time farming and leveling to get the better gear through AH/CS.

IF STS were to sell Plat only gear, they would have to charge an equivalent of $1000-5000 to match the current market prices for similar items, and nobody is going to pay that upfront

The current system is EXCEPTIONALLY FAIR to everyone, and is designed in a way that if you learn to the play the game (both gameplay and merchant game) you can get far and actually enjoy the game. If you want a game that is geared to Paying-to-Win, there are plenty of those out there in the world for you to enjoy.

Wutzgood
09-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Your friend should have spent platinum on elixirs and farmed instead. Spent 50 platinum to make 1.2 mil this weekend. I'm not a gambler so crates aren't for me.

And they have platinum bought gear from bundles. Its good but not the best. You still need either skill to beat elite bosses or gold to buy the best legendary equip.

FluffNStuff
09-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Your friend should have spent platinum on elixirs and farmed instead. Spent 50 platinum to make 1.2 mil this weekend. I'm not a gambler so crates aren't for me.

And they have platinum bought gear from bundles. Its good but not the best. You still need either skill to beat elite bosses or gold to buy the best legendary equip.

Like he says, platinum is just another tool in this game that some players have. If they use it correctly, they will have a HUGE advantage, but an uninformed, unskilled player can have all the tools in the world and still have no advantage over the free players.

keikali
09-25-2013, 10:43 AM
There are flaws with the current system, but not as bad as you put it.

So deal with it.

Desperoto
09-25-2013, 11:17 AM
I almost facepalmed when reading this.

Wutzgood
09-25-2013, 11:22 AM
There are tons of games where you can spend money to have the best equip. This game doesn't do that and its why it remains so popular. You have to put in work to be the best here not just spend the most money.

Zuzeq
09-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Its just luck.....but I think you're on to something. If they were to implement Mythic items that are plat only and non tradable..i'd buy em in a quick second and idk if it will effect the market too much.

Wutzgood
09-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Its just luck.....but I think you're on to something. If they were to implement Mythic items that are plat only and non tradable..i'd buy em in a quick second and idk if it will effect the market too much.

Devs have said that the idea is up in the air but items will always be tradeable. It will end up with a set price cheaper than they really would be worth like leprechaun amulet. If that amulet was only in locked it would go for millions instead of 200k.

Bullox
09-25-2013, 01:57 PM
I like the idea....they can leave the System as it is and also sell Mythics (maybe untradeble) direct for Plat.
So Players can choose it they want to gamble or not....

Nesox
09-25-2013, 02:46 PM
If Plat purchased items were tradeable they may actually sell more of them. Take the lep amulet for example. I would not spend the plat on one but I would pay money for it. Someone had to spend the plat in order to merch it and I think many more were purchased for that reason then if they had been non-tradeable.

Energizeric
09-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Plat gives you a better chance at succeeding in this game, but does not guarantee anything. That is the way it should be.

Laurentsz
09-26-2013, 09:06 PM
when your friend opening a crates, he will hope to get one of those mythic items or arcane items, same like me :) i try to open about 40 locked crates and got nothing...
it just about the luck, LOL. like everybody said, if u want to hit the button "unlocked chest" u know what you're doing, its a gamble :D

if STS provide arcane or mythic item for plats buyer, i will leave this game immediately, u know why?? everybody is the same... all equip the best weapon and best set, so it will become a huge difference between "FREE PLAYER" and "PLATS PLAYER"

Spyce
09-26-2013, 09:15 PM
You know platinum is optional in this guild?