PDA

View Full Version : Need Lv75 Mage build!

Duffhomer
09-25-2013, 07:47 AM
i like to pvp but im a noob... I need Lv 75 mage build with skills,stats,combo...

Duffhomer

Megamage
09-27-2013, 05:51 AM
Hi ;)
It depends how much money you have. Would play with savage or fiery set? Or do you have no money for a set?

BlueSkied
09-27-2013, 05:53 AM
He has fiery.

Megamage
09-27-2013, 06:03 AM
Hmm im not that Fiery pro, but usually you go pure int.
You are very squishy, so put 9 skill points in Blessing of Vitality and in Mana Shield, and maybe in Heal, too.
Then 9 points in all ranged damage skills (Frostbite, Fire, Drain). I also would advice you to use the full Hit/Dmg debuff, at least vs Bears it helps alot. Rest of points in Lightening for awsome debuff/dmg spam.
Combos: Drain first(because it takes a while till it procs and heals you full after enemies first attack), then Ice and Fire for combo, then lightening. But you cannot use this against everyone, it always depends on situation and enemies class/build, you will see that with experience coming.
Basicly I would say Fiery Set is not good for a beginner, you just die too fast, even with valiant glory ring. Better go for savage

angeldawn
09-27-2013, 08:17 AM
It really depends on the type of Mage you want to be. A nuke Mage vs support Mage. Would you rather more damage or more armor. Full int or Pally.

Your playing style maters a lot also. Do you kite or charge in?

Getting just a 'blanket' response for a build and skill points isn't gonna help you as much as a detailed response tailored to you will.

If you are a pally and put 9 to mama shield, it will harm you more than help you. And it's just a waste of points.

Mothwing
09-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Why would you ever put 9 points in ms...

TEOKILLO
09-27-2013, 09:10 AM
For int mage its da bes mawfy, try ir during respec week rank 9

Megamage
09-27-2013, 09:14 AM
It really depends on the type of Mage you want to be. A nuke Mage vs support Mage. Would you rather more damage or more armor. Full int or Pally.

Your playing style maters a lot also. Do you kite or charge in?

Getting just a 'blanket' response for a build and skill points isn't gonna help you as much as a detailed response tailored to you will.

If you are a pally and put 9 to mama shield, it will harm you more than help you. And it's just a waste of points.

I only use 1 point in ms for Pally of course, and only use it vs birds or when I'm sure I will die in the next seconds without it.
He wanted a build, and I gave him one. I also clearly said everything depends on situation. As he said he is new and so has no idea of 'kite' and 'charging' yet. I think my response helped him more....

angeldawn
09-27-2013, 09:25 AM
I only use 1 point in ms for Pally of course, and only use it vs birds or when I'm sure I will die in the next seconds without it.
He wanted a build, and I gave him one. I also clearly said everything depends on situation. As he said he is new and so has no idea of 'kite' and 'charging' yet. I think my response helped him more....

Who's to say he hasn't twinked? And playing PVE he may noticed his playing style. He may noticed he hangs back and kites the boss while healing and reviving. Or he may have noticed he likes killing things fast and charges into a room and at a boss.

Don't underestimate ppl and their intelligence. Just because they may not have pvped doesn't mean they are all clueless.

Megamage
09-27-2013, 10:59 AM
PvP is pretty different from Pve ^^
But yeah just do like in Pve, fire your 3 or four dmg skills and run to save you from crazy dps on poor mages 400 life (Thats called kiting btw Duffhomer if you didnt know)

Revealing
09-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Pvp is nearly same with pve

To get combo correctly you need to practice your combo.
For example u maybe a fully geared bird but without a good combo you could die.
How do I know?
When I USED to play as a 61 bear pve? I failed without a good build. When I practiced a lot I went pvp
Vs some orlok ( I was using of dead ) I went 6-10 I got 6 but before I got build got trashed

Duffhomer
09-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Thank you Megamage you helped me really out:) And i have no idea of kite or chargin im a pvp noob...

Megamage
09-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Pvp is nearly same with pve

To get combo correctly you need to practice your combo.
For example u maybe a fully geared bird but without a good combo you could die.
How do I know?
When I USED to play as a 61 bear pve? I failed without a good build. When I practiced a lot I went pvp
Vs some orlok ( I was using of dead ) I went 6-10 I got 6 but before I got build got trashed

You didn't proof that Pvp and Pve is nearly the same, only that you can practise combos in Pve and die without a good build (what is pretty obvious)
Seriously you play against a horde of brainless bots in Pve, whereas you have to face a single intelligent enemy in PvP.
Bots only hardly use skills, but players will debuff spam you. All your group killing combos also wont help you against a single player.
=> Completely Different
You can have 100k + kills in Pve and you still will be destroyed by someone who has Like 5k PvP kills for sure if you start Pvping.

Megamage
09-29-2013, 06:58 AM
No problem :)
Charging means to run into the enemy and get close to fire all your skills, also the close range ones. This Playstyle fits to bears who are non ranged stunners.
Kiting is the playstyle a mage should use. This means you exactly get in your skills range (what takes practice), fire the ranged 12m ones in a second, and get out of enemies range again to heal yourself. This is the common playstyle against bears and birds, who cannot heal themselfes. So you weaken them with every confrontation, but thanks to heal you always stay at full life. Only try to land the 8m ranged skills when enemy manages to get that close (for example by pulling you with bear or rooting you with bird). Try to stay away. Thats the basic idea of kiting

Waug
09-30-2013, 08:47 AM
Hmmm, to be honest you dont need much just buy a savage set, max out fire drain, just use fire drain and spam other skills specially heal, gratz you are a pro now.

Megamage
09-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Hmmm, to be honest you dont need much just buy a savage set, max out fire drain, just use fire drain and spam other skills specially heal, gratz you are a pro now.

Try to kill a swift elite/savage bear or an a bit skilled swift elite bird by doing this. Good luck

Twinklaser
10-01-2013, 12:25 AM
Why would you ever put 9 points in ms...

Last time I checked, 9 MS is +40 Armor. i should think that explains itself.

Waug
10-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Try to kill a swift elite/savage bear or an a bit skilled swift elite bird by doing this. Good luck

Common sense anyway

I have seen pallies to spam fire only from distence then ran back and fire again and the bird hardly survived after 2-3 fire waves

so yep I didn't exaggerated

saool
10-01-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm a pure int mage ^(^.^)^ and I am usually doing PvP with my STAFF. My suggestion is to max out both blessings, shield, heal, drain, I forgot what my other ones are. Add me in game. I can give you pointers hints and combos later on after I get off work. IGN: Saool :o

Megamage
10-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Common sense anyway

I have seen pallies to spam fire only from distence then ran back and fire again and the bird hardly survived after 2-3 fire waves

so yep I didn't exaggerated

1. A skilled bird would just run and heal to full when the mage keeps pushing him back.
2. Chance to hit 3 fires in a row without bird dodges it (what isn't enough to kill a swift elite bird btw just tested) is around 20%, so good luck with doing this every fight, because
3. Once the bird dodges, the mage cannot push him and get out of his range, gets blinded, double rooted, and then blasted, armor breaked and killed by auto by the heavy hitting swift elite set.
=> This doesn't work

Twinklaser
10-01-2013, 06:31 PM
1. A skilled bird would just run and heal to full when the mage keeps pushing him back.
2. Chance to hit 3 fires in a row without bird dodges it (what isn't enough to kill a swift elite bird btw just tested) is around 20%, so good luck with doing this every fight, because
3. Once the bird dodges, the mage cannot push him and get out of his range, gets blinded, double rooted, and then blasted, armor breaked and killed by auto by the heavy hitting swift elite set.
=> This doesn't work

Ice can still freeze the bird and let you get away. And if both fails, mage can just drain heal light and win, not too mention mana shield.

Megamage
10-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Ice can still freeze the bird and let you get away. And if both fails, mage can just drain heal light and win, not too mention mana shield.

I only argumented against the pure fire win strategy.
I agree, a skilled pally can kite a bird to death. Especially with damage nerf pallies survive situations that birds would still have won without the nerf. I usually hit the 10 at least 2 kills earlier than bird (refering to pros. Nubs get way less kills of me ;) )

Waug
10-03-2013, 04:49 AM
=> This doesn't work

Your predictions are good, but not practical clearly indicating u don't have/use bird.
Birds are not super healer that, heal to full even 9 ranked heal would not do that.

Obviously if we are not talking about thay ran back propery until buff and come back again, right?

may I ask what is the cool down time of fire?

Lastly when I just arguing about the fact that even it's possible for a pally to just fire kill a bird, for a moment you also agreed it's possible

on the other hand in your opinion is - a bird need to go through most of his skills in a tactical way crossing through that savage dodge, exxesive heal, ms blah blah you just proved pallies are EXTREAMLY op compared to birds.

I don't think I need to say much :)

Sheugokin
10-03-2013, 04:55 PM
^Please use grammar and spelling checks! Lol! It's annoying me!
Also you did say a lot so the last sentence did not make sense.....-.-

Megamage
10-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Your predictions are good, but not practical clearly indicating u don't have/use bird.
Birds are not super healer that, heal to full even 9 ranked heal would not do that.

Obviously if we are not talking about thay ran back propery until buff and come back again, right?

may I ask what is the cool down time of fire?

Lastly when I just arguing about the fact that even it's possible for a pally to just fire kill a bird, for a moment you also agreed it's possible

on the other hand in your opinion is - a bird need to go through most of his skills in a tactical way crossing through that savage dodge, exxesive heal, ms blah blah you just proved pallies are EXTREAMLY op compared to birds.

I don't think I need to say much :)

Exactly, in a fight Pally vs Bird with exactly same skill level, the Pally should win more often. Btw I have a Bird :)
Agree, Health regen is very low on swift elite (cause it gets an agressive set bonus and only has 3 parts).
Cd of Fire is 5 secs if I'm not completely wrong.
Pallies don't dodge that much when fighting against birds cause of the 200+ hit.
If a bird times everything right, he should win. His biggest problem is that he is already dead when the mage gets 3 damage skills through his dodge wall. Very luck based.
Ah, and back to the fire strategy... Mage hits 3 times in 10-11 secs in best case, so it really depends how heavy these three fires hit in average (in a real fight bird usually runs and heals after second fire hitted).

Waug
10-07-2013, 06:18 AM
Everything else has been answered only except birds 200+ hit, just tell it to devs to remind them what's pl meant to be and what's pl today.

Just to simplify, >100 hit is absolutely wortless only except hit debuffs, everyone has 100 hit that mean a pally dodges same aginst bear as much as against birds, only if not debuffed.

Megamage
10-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Everything else has been answered only except birds 200+ hit, just tell it to devs to remind them what's pl meant to be and what's pl today.

Just to simplify, >100 hit is absolutely wortless only except hit debuffs, everyone has 100 hit that mean a pally dodges same aginst bear as much as against birds, only if not debuffed.

More hit means ignore some dodge.

Gaunab
10-12-2013, 11:24 AM

No, it doesnt.

Cheenivie
10-12-2013, 01:53 PM

Sigh...

Megamage
10-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Sigh...