PDA

View Full Version : Trade Banned

leeelooo
09-25-2013, 09:11 AM
I hear about people getting trade banned. Will someone tell us exactly how that happens so we don't mistakenly do it?
Thanks in advance.

leeelooo
09-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Does no one know?

Skeletonlord
09-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Don't know how it happens, but I think it happens if you are doing "suspicious" things with trade and selling items. A

Samhayne
09-25-2013, 12:22 PM
It involves doing silly things with large amounts of gold. In general, most people don't do silly things with large amounts of gold. If you do, we might think that you somehow obtained that gold in a way where you don't care about it like a normal player (for example: used fraudulent credentials to purchase Platinum and then used that Plat to buy a lot of gold and are now doing silly things with it). To help curb such activity, we have systems that detect malicious silliness and put a trade lock on involved accounts to keep the gold from getting out into the economy. Sometimes the systems we use to detect silly behavior can score a false positive and put a trade lock on an account where someone was being silly, but not maliciously so. Then, they will need to contact our Support Team and have them review their account and possibly remove the trade ban. Sometimes they get confused and think that posting to the forums is the same as entering a help ticket with our Support Team. It isn't and we strive to redirect them back to the Support Team in the most kind and friendly way possible.

I hope that helps you understand what all this trade lock business is about. :D

leeelooo
09-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Ok I understand that trade banning is in place to curb malicious behavior. So how much gold can one trade at one time to prevent it? I have a amount of gold that I need to trade to someone because we chose to work together to farm items, and we split the earnings. I want to give him what is owed to him without becoming banned. If I trade it in smaller increments, would that prevent being banned.... or if he trades items in return will that help?

Snapped
09-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Wow, that is one hard read Sam, but good information.

Taejo
09-25-2013, 02:10 PM
we have systems that detect malicious silliness

All the world legal systems need to adopt this verbiage!

Snick
09-25-2013, 02:10 PM
So just transfer lower amounts? Will that work?

Samhayne
09-25-2013, 02:38 PM
We're not going to out information about how we detect malicious silly behavior, since that just helps people get around it. Play the game and have fun!

Thread closed.