PDA

View Full Version : Please, give it back, I'm begging you it was a mistake.

IronMonkey
09-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Hello, I'm back! in the forums that is. I miss the forums so bad, still lurking here. So I have an interesting question I'd like to ask.

If someone UNINTENTIONALLY gifted you BY MISTAKE an Arcane egg/valuable items worth more than a million gold, instead of giving you his golden/silver chest that's clogging his inventory, would you return it back? Yes or No and why?

Rare
09-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Well... if he was giving me garbage chests without asking me then I would not give it back.

If he was giving me chests that I agreed to take, I'd give it back.

Of course, I don't think anyone would gift me chests that I actually want. So I guess my answer is no. I would not give it back.

Alhuntrazeck
09-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Probably NO.

WB btw :)

IronMonkey
09-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Probably NO.

WB btw :)

Thanks

But it was a mistake, a human error tho costly. Don't you have an ounce of mercy left in your heart? lol

Skaunared
09-25-2013, 10:35 AM
No, because it's a special gift from a kind hearted soul which I shall cherish forever ^_^

Yakiniku
09-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Is it someone I know and am friends with? Yes, I'll give it back without hesitation.

Is it a random person that just wants to dump their unwanted copper chests on me? My first answer is no, but I might feel guilty in a few minutes and give it back. Maybe. Oops did you just gift me Samael? Hmmmm. What guilt? :p

Side note: I often gift away coppers and silvers to level 5s running around Windmoore. I wonder if they hate me lol.

keikali
09-25-2013, 10:41 AM
I put myself in their shoes and think if I did the same would they give it back. If the answer is no, then yea you know.

JaytB
09-25-2013, 10:48 AM
My gifts are turned off in options on all my toons. I only turn it on when I need to :D

To answer the question though, if someone would accidentally give me a super high valued item and asked it back, I wouldn't doubt a second to give it back.

Why? I wouldn't want anything that would cause the person I got it from to feel robbed.

IronMonkey
09-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Personally, I would say NO.

I want to teach him/her a lesson, and that is to ALWAYS DOUBLE-CHECK/REVIEW IMPT THINGS.

A lawyer once advised me this and I kept this advice until now.

Desperoto
09-25-2013, 11:25 AM
I only will give it back when:
He says to me it was an accident
He ask it nicely back, so not: Omg give it back !

Bookmark
09-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Personally, I would say NO.

I want to teach him/her a lesson, and that is to ALWAYS DOUBLE-CHECK/REVIEW IMPT THINGS.

A lawyer once advised me this and I kept this advice until now.

A lawyer advised you about a situation on arcane legends? That's funny!

In this situation, if someone mistakenly given you the wrong items. That's their fault. The receiver is not obligated in returning the item back. It comes down to ethics and morals.

Here's an interesting article that happened in real life relating to the situation: http://www.ibtimes.com/will-united-airlines-honor-free-tickets-sold-after-filing-error-thursday-1405232
- An airline mistakenly sold tickets for $5-10. A bunch of people were able to buy them until the company realized the mistake. The airline still honoured their mistake because it is the ethical thing to do.

Pandamoni
09-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Yes, I'd give it back. It's not mine. I wouldn't want it, as it would come with bad mojo if there was some poor person out there lamenting the fact they messed up and gave me the wrong item. I've talked a person into taking hundreds of thousands more gold from me when they tried to sell me an entangled bow right after they came out for 100K. I could have taken it but he was new and had new clue how to even check prices in the AH. I could have totally walked away with a huge profit based on his ignorance but I knew he'd one day find out how he'd been ripped off and carry a bit of sourness with him over it. Why do that to someone? Yes, sometimes the lessons best learned are the hardest to learn but I just don't feel like it's my job to school people.

And welcome back! I knew you wouldn't be gone for long so I protested and refused to say goodbye in your other thread lol

Alrisaia
09-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Yes I would give it back.

GoodSyntax
09-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Without question, I would give it back.

Honestly, I'd probably give it back even if I wasn't asked, because I know its value...

xcainnblecterx
09-25-2013, 12:09 PM
You mean they meant to gift someone else and accidentally gave it to you? Yes i would because ive been in situations like this in pl when l56 glyph costed quite a bit. Clicked the wrong name, asked him about it, got it back, then i ended up goin ahead and giving him a couple valuables for being cool bout it

Taejo
09-25-2013, 12:17 PM
I liquidated an item worth 3m recently, so I know the feeling when you make a terrible mistake. As long as they are polite about it, of course I'd return the item.

Lumirayne
09-25-2013, 12:19 PM
I would definitely give it back, as I would hope someone would do the same for me. However, I do like my husband's idea of selling it back to them, though, lol.

Yakiniku
09-25-2013, 12:22 PM
I liquidated an item worth 3m recently, so I know the feeling when you make a terrible mistake. As long as they are polite about it, of course I'd return the item.

Ouch!! Did support get it back for you?

This thread is funny though, and probably one of my biggest fears when I gift chests to level 5's late at night. One of these days, someone is going to run away laughing maniacally because I accidentally gifted away a Lunar or something. Sorry, no arcane eggs in my inventory right now haha.

Pandamoni
09-25-2013, 12:40 PM
This thread is funny though, and probably one of my biggest fears when I gift chests to level 5's late at night. One of these days, someone is going to run away laughing maniacally because I accidentally gifted away a Lunar or something. Sorry, no arcane eggs in my inventory right now haha.

When I looted glacian I threw that sucker in my stash right away. I just KNEW I'd accidentally open it.

Deadroth
09-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Depends, if that would be churlish player, who had no mercy, i wouldn't give it back.

If that was my friend, no doubt.. no questions, give back in 1 second :)

If that was kind, and normal player, yes i would give it back.

Ihavenokills
09-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Yep, i'd give it back. I don't see how virtual money should overcome greed in any circumstance.

Zeus
09-25-2013, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't hesitate to give it back.

Taejo
09-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Ouch!! Did support get it back for you?

Nope. Customer Support ticket still unresolved :(

ilmf
09-25-2013, 01:14 PM
I'd give it back. I routinely give away lower level legendary items to players. Easier than trying to sell them.

miistic
09-25-2013, 01:18 PM
well honestly i think i would give it back

Rare
09-25-2013, 01:22 PM
I'd give it back. I routinely give away lower level legendary items to players. Easier than trying to sell them.

If you did that to me, I would not give your item back.

It bugs me to no end when people give me their garbage. I have enough of my own to deal with. :D

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Emmacheese
09-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Same ;)

Without question, I would give it back.

Honestly, I'd probably give it back even if I wasn't asked, because I know its value...

Zanpakuto
09-25-2013, 03:18 PM
I would. It's just a game. Why ruin someones day.

Drearivev
09-25-2013, 03:24 PM
I'd give it back, just so they don't say I'm some kind of scammer....

Crowsfoot
09-25-2013, 03:39 PM
I'd ask if it was a random act of kindeness then return when they said "NO IT WAS A MISTAKE GIMME BACK."
I may mess with them a bit by giving them a common item and waiting a few secs to return the egg ;) like to see them squirm a little. Jk, lol

Injeborge
09-25-2013, 03:51 PM
How is it our fault it they dump their trash on us if they want to do that shame on them :) I have no mercy in MY heart

ilmf
09-25-2013, 04:04 PM
If you did that to me, I would not give your item back.

It bugs me to no end when people give me their garbage. I have enough of my own to deal with. :D

I should have clarified further - typically I give things to lower level players who will benefit from the item. I don't just dump garbage - it is easier to sell from inventory than look for a player to dump on :-)

Morholt
09-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Let's see...I've found a $20 bill in a random persons driveway and returned it to them before...

Yea, I think I'd return some valueless pixels.

Suentous PO
09-25-2013, 07:15 PM
I'd make sure to give them a minor heart attack acting like I only speak some obscure language from Tibet, but give it back.
I can farm money, I can't farm a good rep.

IronMonkey
09-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Yes, I'd give it back. It's not mine. I wouldn't want it, as it would come with bad mojo if there was some poor person out there lamenting the fact they messed up and gave me the wrong item. I've talked a person into taking hundreds of thousands more gold from me when they tried to sell me an entangled bow right after they came out for 100K. I could have taken it but he was new and had new clue how to even check prices in the AH. I could have totally walked away with a huge profit based on his ignorance but I knew he'd one day find out how he'd been ripped off and carry a bit of sourness with him over it. Why do that to someone? Yes, sometimes the lessons best learned are the hardest to learn but I just don't feel like it's my job to school people.

And welcome back! I knew you wouldn't be gone for long so I protested and refused to say goodbye in your other thread lol

Very commendable action you did there Panda. Yeah, I miss the forums more than the game and thank you.

KingFu
09-25-2013, 09:55 PM
I'd make sure to give them a minor heart attack acting like I only speak some obscure language from Tibet, but give it back.
I can farm money, I can't farm a good rep.

But you can sell the item and buy a good rep.

Terracio
09-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Yes.

Because Id like the same to be done for me.

Vystirch
09-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Very commendable action you did there Panda. Yeah, I miss the forums more than the game and thank you.

Same I miss the forums more than the game.

Tbh the question you ask in the op is a difficult one. But yes I would give it back, unless that person was a real pain...

-Vys

Spyce
09-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Probably a NO.

It's there fault.

Kakatoa91
09-26-2013, 12:16 AM
I just give it back cause im like that naturally irl.
If someone made honestly made a mistake.
Also, its just pixels anyway.

But it all depends on attitude of the person asking back in certain way. If its bad... then by mistake id probably double click on the arcane egg. Lol.

TheMightyFeusalet
09-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Honestly no, because sometimes they give wo much random stuff , so it is there own mistake

bhutkeyur
09-26-2013, 03:11 AM
polite or impolite player - i am giving back

imho01
09-26-2013, 03:37 AM
I'd give it back.

chitgoks
09-26-2013, 03:40 AM
arcane item? id tell the guy "thank you" ;)

inkredible
09-26-2013, 08:38 AM
My gifts are turned off in options on all my toons. I only turn it on when I need to :D

To answer the question though, if someone would accidentally give me a super high valued item and asked it back, I wouldn't doubt a second to give it back.

Why? I wouldn't want anything that would cause the person I got it from to feel robbed.

same here my gift is off
but when i turned it on and forgot to turn off and
suddently got SAMAEL / GLACIAN/ HAMMERJAW from someone I DONT EVEN KNOW
my adrenalin would rush that i wont even think at all what just happened
the frst thing ill do is probaly is : check my inventory if its legit..
then open it since i need arcane app :)
then look for the person who gifted it and go like ill give u 5m for your mistake

if its someone i know, ill give it back in an instant

baddiva
09-26-2013, 10:22 AM
it was destined to be mine :D

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Rare
09-26-2013, 11:48 AM
I remember a while back there was a thread in the pl forums. Some guy was teasing noobs in forest haven by entering trade, putting 99999999 in the trade window then accepting. Naturally the noobs would get excited and accept only to get smacked down by the gold cap since they had at least 1g. Very rude.

Until they stumbled upon someone with 0 gold and the trade actually completed. I would NOT have given that person their gold back (tho I think the person actually have it back after being harassed)

Chaim Nail
09-26-2013, 01:08 PM

Ouch!

This is precicely the reason why I want to be able to put a 'padlock' on certain items in my inventory so I can't give/trade/liquidate them before removing the 'padlock', preventing expensive accidents.

IronMonkey
09-27-2013, 01:20 AM
I remember a while back there was a thread in the pl forums. Some guy was teasing noobs in forest haven by entering trade, putting 99999999 in the trade window then accepting. Naturally the noobs would get excited and accept only to get smacked down by the gold cap since they had at least 1g. Very rude.

Until they stumbled upon someone with 0 gold and the trade actually completed. I would NOT have given that person their gold back (tho I think the person actually have it back after being harassed)

Lol, if I were the person who received that 99.999M gold, I would not give it back, he wants to make fun of people, he deserved it. I'll put him on Ignore = No harassment.

The question I asked reminds me of the animated movie: Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, wherein Eris, a goddess has taken the Book of Peace and she's willing to give it back to Sinbad if Sinbad would go to Syracuse and surrender to be beheaded.

When Sinbad said, he'll return to be beheaded, Eris told him he's a liar.

But surprisingly Sinbad surrendered to be beheaded, but before he is executed Eris saved Sinbad. End of story.

No matter how we say the right words, our action speaks more.

Limsi
09-27-2013, 01:37 AM
Aedenos, do you have a link for the thread you're referring? I'm looking for something good to read lmao,

Zeus
09-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Aedenos, do you have a link for the thread you're referring? I'm looking for something good to read lmao,

I'll try to find it. Truly, it was a shock that people were harassing him.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, he gave back a partial amount. Although personally, that's probably the one scenario where I would not give an item back.

Hinataa
09-27-2013, 03:38 PM
i would give it bak.. too bad im not kind of azz... i couldnt walk away with that i would feel guilt for the rest of my life. tho i wish i could open it on accidently lol n say ty hahahhaha but im not able to do that... too bad LOL hahahahhaha

ipredator
09-27-2013, 04:25 PM
give it back

NoobRyu
09-27-2013, 05:13 PM
If he gave me an arcane egg I wouldn't give it back, which idiot would?

Aprove
09-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Noob gave me a locked then i ran away LOL
so if someone give me valuable things i wouldn't i give it back because IM A TREASURE HUNTER