PDA

View Full Version : After a countless respec

IronMonkey
09-25-2013, 10:57 AM
I'd like to share to you stats comparison when using a hybrid INT and DEX build, I tabulated this during the free respec weekend.

This is a lvl 36 mage without passives.

FluffNStuff
09-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Your gonna kill me, but that chart means nothing (as it stands), but can easily be fixed. The reason is because you don't have your weapon equipped. The big 'DAMAGE' you get from your main stat is bonus damage, and in your chart it ~looks~ like you are not getting much damage from INT because the bonus is not being applied to anything. Consider Full INT vs the 110 INT/100 Dex. On your sheet it looks like the hybrid has more damage, but lets say your equip a gun that has a 100 base damage. The Full int will add 110 damage, while the hybrid will only add 60 damage. Your final damage on Pure will be 224.7 and your final damage on Hybrid will be 167.8 Quite a difference.

EDIT, how to adjust chart the simple way.

Equip your main weapon and record the listed DPS value, your actual DPS value and your actual Damage value.
On my Rogue, these are 153.7 Listed for the Quills of brutality, 524.7 Actual DPS and 320.7 Actual Damage.
Divide the Actual Damage by the Actual DPS then multiply by Listed DPS for 'Listed Damage':
320.7/524.7 * 153.7 = 93.94 damage.

You can then add a new column in your spreadsheet and multiply that damage by the bonus damage and add it to the Damage you have listed to find the true damage.

JaytB
09-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Your gonna kill me, but that chart means nothing. The reason is because you don't have your weapon equipped. The big 'DAMAGE' you get from your main stat is bonus damage, and in your chart it ~looks~ like you are not getting much damage from INT because the bonus is not being applied to anything. Consider Full INT vs the 110 INT/100 Dex. On your sheet it looks like the hybrid has more damage, but lets say your equip a gun that has a 100 base damage. The Full int will add 110 damage, while the hybrid will only add 60 damage. Your final damage on Pure will be 240.8 and your final damage on Hybrid will be 188.48 Quite a difference.

Sorry Iron but I second this.

I also did similar tests in the past during free respec weekends and, when fully equipped, nothing beats full INT in therms of damage output. It's all about the bonus damage as fluff already stated.

Milan Lame Man
09-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Even then the numbers are different from what I get. At STR=4, DEX=6, INT=220 my base damage is 9.7, fitting an equation
BASE_DMG=DMG_BONUS*(1+DEX*0.050+INT*0.015)

Sadly, I am having trouble putting the weapon into this.

Divide the Actual Damage by the Actual DPS then multiply by Listed DPS for 'Listed Damage':
Is this really working for you? I've compared several weapons and I have concluded that either
1) there is a random number in play, or
2) the weapon damage is NOT multiplied by the DMG_BONUS, or
3) sometimes the actual DMG is even less than 'Listed Damage' as you call it.

None of these make sense, so I am having a really hard time figuring out how total DMG is computed. For example, I have
bonus=2.68, damage=240.8, DPS=270.9, weapon listed DPS=107.8
this gives weapon listed damage=95.8. Multiplication by bonus gives 256.8, even more than the actual damage.

FluffNStuff
09-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Even then the numbers are different from what I get. At STR=4, DEX=6, INT=220 my base damage is 9.7, fitting an equation
BASE_DMG=DMG_BONUS*(1+DEX*0.050+INT*0.015)

Sadly, I am having trouble putting the weapon into this.

Is this really working for you? I've compared several weapons and I have concluded that either
1) there is a random number in play, or
2) the weapon damage is NOT multiplied by the DMG_BONUS, or
3) sometimes the actual DMG is even less than 'Listed Damage' as you call it.

None of these make sense, so I am having a really hard time figuring out how total DMG is computed. For example, I have
bonus=2.68, damage=240.8, DPS=270.9, weapon listed DPS=107.8
this gives weapon listed damage=95.8. Multiplication by bonus gives 256.8, even more than the actual damage.

Interesting, I have used this multiple times on my Rogue, and checked again and it works. Actually, I took off my 'other' damage items to make sure, and now I am getting 235.55 damage expected and 235.9 damage shown. On the bow, I am getting 243.3 shown and 265.0 expected. In fact, the DPS shown is not what it SHOULD be. Will do some more tests and get back to you.

Taejo
09-25-2013, 02:26 PM
This is all great info. Any way we can have an accurate chart posted? Some of this is very hard to read for the non-mathematician :|

IronMonkey
09-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Honestly, I chose the 70% INT and 30% DEX build, gives me more HP and higher DMG but I guess I failed to notice the Bonus Dmg. How Bonus Dmg works isn't clear to me.

Valsacar
09-26-2013, 04:11 AM
Bonus damage is very simple. Anything that adds damage * bonusDamage = Damage stat increase.

Energizeric
09-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Problem is with these kind of test is that you are doing it without your gear. Dex only adds to base damage and not to bonus damage, while INT adds to both. So as your total damage increases (due to stats from a weapon and other gear), INT starts to have a much bigger impact than DEX. At end game with full gear, substituting any DEX for INT results in your damage dropping. Full INT is the best way to go.

horton
09-30-2013, 01:23 PM
hi i tried it, 60% int 40% dex damage shows 12.7 not 17.2...