PDA

View Full Version : Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and "Gotham"

KingFu
09-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Did anyone watch the premier last night? Seemed like an okay show. I personally hate Joss Whedon and have been disappointed with Marvel for several years, but this show has at least some potential. It was cheesy at parts and tried shoving humor down your throat, but the acting was alright and the production value was high.

Also, DC is answering to the series with their own "Gotham". It's going to be similar to Batman Year One and tell the origin story of Commissioner Gordon. I for one am a huge Batman fan, so I have high expectations for it.

Zaonabiuibil
09-25-2013, 08:53 PM
It was ok at the beginning, but got worse throughout. Might give it a few chances, but there are some great shows out there right now (Modern Family is back, Breaking Bad [no it's almost over!], and Orange is the New Black is fantastic). But depending on where they take it, it could either be fantastic or a train wreck.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Aracnus
09-25-2013, 09:15 PM
I myself am not gonna watch the new "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." show, because the main guy died in the movie Avengers [not Nick Fury, that other dude]. And this is supposed to take place after that (Not for sure it's after, but if it is.. makes no sense)

I have been catching up on Breaking Bad myself, and getting antsy cus the Walking Dead starts October 13th!

KingFu
09-25-2013, 09:33 PM
It was ok at the beginning, but got worse throughout. Might give it a few chances, but there are some great shows out there right now (Modern Family is back, Breaking Bad [no it's almost over!], and Orange is the New Black is fantastic). But depending on where they take it, it could either be fantastic or a train wreck.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

All the events on the plane were pretty lame...but I'm also taking into consideration that it was a pilot episode. Although my faith in Joss Whedon is near zero after The Avengers.

I haven't watched Modern Family in a while. Got really bad from mid season 2-start of 3. Considered giving it another chance, but it doesn't look worth it.

I myself am not gonna watch the new "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." show, because the main guy died in the movie Avengers [not Nick Fury, that other dude]. And this is supposed to take place after that (Not for sure it's after, but if it is.. makes no sense)

Yes, it takes place after those events. They haven't said yet why Agent Coulson is still alive, but if it's as stupid as numerous sites have been theorizing, I'll be done watching. I also hope the Extremis aren't going to be through the whole thing.

Noi`ya
09-25-2013, 09:50 PM
do you watch suits?

KingFu
09-25-2013, 09:50 PM
do you watch suits?

I've heard really good things. Worth it?

ooommmggg
09-25-2013, 09:51 PM
TBH I thought it was pretty good, but to each hold his own :)

Noi`ya
09-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Yes, I suggest marathoning all 38 episodes before October 8th, when the series continues. summer finale just happened last week.

Boardwalk Empire is also amazing but it's either a hate it or like it show.

LvlCap
09-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Yes he is alive, but if you listen closely, you'll here him talk about," being shanked by a god"

KingFu
09-25-2013, 10:15 PM
Yes, I suggest marathoning all 38 episodes before October 8th, when the series continues. summer finale just happened last week.

Boardwalk Empire is also amazing but it's either a hate it or like it show.

On Netflix? May try and watch it then.

Noi`ya
09-25-2013, 10:31 PM
I usually torrent if i'm watching w/ someone on a tv, or vodly.to if its just on a small screen.

Conradin
09-25-2013, 10:39 PM
A batman series would be great. Not sure I can fall in love with shield

dudetus
09-26-2013, 02:56 AM
Yo, mister White

Skeletonlord
09-29-2013, 12:59 PM
If you missed it, you can re-watch it here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/marvels-agents-of-shield/4od

Anyway, back to topic, I enjoyed it. Think its a series I could carry on watching. Could do with a little more action though. Then again, that was a pilot so I'm sure more is to come.

Osabevie
09-29-2013, 01:33 PM
I recorded it but haven't got round to watching it yet :).