PDA

View Full Version : Mythics/Arcanes ruins PvP

Bullox
09-26-2013, 01:33 AM
In my Opinion, the difference between Mythic/Arcane equipped Players and non Mythic Players is a big Number to high!

At the beginning with only Mythic Helmet all was fine...a lot of Players do PvP and have a chance vs. Players with Mythic Helmet....

Now, non Mythic Players are only fast-food..... and that also ruins the economy, because......

Who is willing to pay a lot of Gold for Expensive, hard farmed Elite Equip, if he know the cheap (crate) equip for pve is enough to do elites....

....and for pvp it doesnt matter if you wear cheap or expensive Legendary Equip, because whithout Mythics/Arcanes hes only fastfood....

..and thats the cause, so less players do pvp at time....

Hnakkur
09-26-2013, 02:30 AM
100% agree!

Cero
09-26-2013, 03:16 AM
Theres a thread on suggestion sectiong, suggesting to have a separate room for legendary gear users from Mythic/arcane users.
-This was a good idea. Having a room of choice for Legendary users to enjoy pvp, figthing with other legendary users.

And Mythic/arcanes didnt actualy ruin pvp.

Soundlesskill
09-26-2013, 04:23 AM
Yeah, it's not longer skill based, it's mythic/arcane based. I'd pvp again if they made it more skill based.....

Jetzzz
09-26-2013, 05:24 AM
Then you can create twinks for pvp. Problem solved

Soundlesskill
09-26-2013, 06:27 AM
Then you can create twinks for pvp. Problem solved

This isn't the sulotion.
1. Endgame pvp and twink pvp is not the same skills required, like the mana might be a problem for a endgamer going twink.
2. Ewwww twinks!

Alhuntrazeck
09-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Honestly, I don't have a single mythic and I don't mind PvP - I find it fun in fact. But if you MUST earn them mythics before playing the game how its meant to be played, i.e. ENJOYING it you should deck yourself out in elite pinks, and farm your arse off. Merch when you get offers and inch your way up.

Or...just learn to play your class good and become pro at pvp even without mythics! Several players in AL have achieved that - look at noisykillar who just posted above, who was beast before she even got her mythics.

Bullox
09-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Theres a thread on suggestion sectiong, suggesting to have a separate room for legendary gear users from Mythic/arcane users.
-This was a good idea. Having a room of choice for Legendary users to enjoy pvp, figthing with other legendary users.

:) let me guess....you have some Mythics......

If i run PvP with my Rogue vs. a Mythic/Arcane Warrior.... i shoot all my 1,6k mana vs. Him and he dont die.....
Vs. a Mythic Sorc.....i die during Stunlock.....

If i do PvP with my Warrior(same as my Rogue only Legendary Equip).....vs. a Mythic Rogue i get 2or 3 shottet..... vs. Mythic/Maul Warri = chanceless....

I'm sure, im not the only Player, whithout Mythics which see this Problems...... and I say there is nothing ok with PvP with sooo huge Equip differences....

If im right, at the beginning of the Mythic Time, the devs said, Mythics are the Reward for hard working Players, but they dont give a so big Advantage, that Legendary equipped Players are chanceless!!!!

What's left of it???

Primeblades
09-26-2013, 10:26 AM
I have no mythics at all and i do fine! Wanna know my secrete? TWINKING!!!

Jexetta
09-26-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm both in agreement and not in agreement -

From my experience, it seems rogues are affected the most by not having mythic gear, then followed by mages, and then followed by warriors. I pvp at end game with my warrior with only level 30 legendary gear and a devour maul - and I do just fine, a lot of it comes down to skill choices and timing.

With my rogue at end game I do find that gear will often win the day in large ctf clashes, in death match it's a bit easier. There is really almost nothing you can do in large clashes when the other team is like 2-3 mauls and 3 samaels - you just get stunned forever and it's 'good game'.

With mages and warriors you can develop a build that makes up for your differences in gear, with rogues I find that is less than the case. There are always tactics to take out an 'x enemy' in each instance, the old rogue method of just spamming skills to death doesn't work anymore - you have to be a bit smarter and conservative in your skill usage and that is something I have a +1 for.

I won't disagree that the equipment disparity has become large, but it's also the beginning of the season. Just wait till the end of the season when everyone complains about mythic gear not being special anymore because everyone has it.

keikali
09-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Honestly, I don't have a single mythic and I don't mind PvP - I find it fun in fact. But if you MUST earn them mythics before playing the game how its meant to be played, i.e. ENJOYING it you should deck yourself out in elite pinks, and farm your arse off. Merch when you get offers and inch your way up.

Or...just learn to play your class good and become pro at pvp even without mythics! Several players in AL have achieved that - look at noisykillar who just posted above, who was beast before she even got her mythics.

Alhuntra = best non mythic mage in PvP, true story

Bullox
09-26-2013, 10:54 AM
......and whats with New Players??

Lets say New Player X level up to lvl 36 and wants to do some decent PvP or Elites....

....hmm X needs Equip....maybe he buy 500 Plat and get 500.000k Gold for it, for $49.99!!!!!
At this time 500k is not much for endgame Equip.....
Now X starts to do some PvP with bis equip for $ 49.99!!!!
What do you think, how long have X fun with his expensive but worthless Equip???????

gundamsone
09-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Or player x can earn his gold through merching or farming which is FREE.
What with people these days and the notion of "Mythics/Arcanes only available to craters"

Wrong wrong wrong

& this is a f2p/p2p mixed game so don't expect everyone to have equal status b/c those who pay deserve to have an automatic advantage

gundamsone
09-26-2013, 11:24 AM
@ jexx

every class is put at a disadvantaged in full pinks.

wars drop dead in 1-2 combos and lose their ability to "tank"
mages can't get any kills with their low skill damage and gets insta deaths frequently
rogues imo are bit better off than the other 2 classes b/c they can still hit pretty high even without full mythics

Bullox
09-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Please dont understand me wrong......i still love this Game and i know how to skill and play my characters....
And yep i still earn some kills :)

But its not the same fun.... its not funny, playing vs. unbeatable or oneshottting Players...

I think the Equip differences are out of control....

There is absolut no exciting competition left.....

Zeus
09-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Mythics now are cheaper than ever...

Honestly, it's pretty easy to run Shuyal Arena every day and save up for the mythics because the only mythic that I would consider out of reach for most is the mythic daggers.

Taejo
09-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Please dont understand me wrong......i still love this Game and i know how to skill and play my characters....

But its not the same fun.... its not funny, playing vs. unbeatable or oneshottting Players...

I agree, it takes a lot of time and effort to accumulate top gear in this game. That is why so many people on the forum are disheartened when the elitists say "just go farm your gear, it's not hard". I am guilty of saying this, too, but it does have truth to it. Take my sorcerer for example - he is in upgraded mythic and uses the "old", L31 gun. His jewelry is legendary stuff from Shuyal, not mythic. He has no arcane pets. I actually do fairly well in PvP, although I will say this season just got a lot tougher with the new mythic weapons. What's the solution? Stay away from PvP until I know I'm ready to survive in it. I think its important for everyone to realize that this is how 99% of MMORPG PvP is set up. It's very gear-dependent, but skills/game play can often times offset this depending on who you battle with. I used to "prove" this back when I played World of Warcraft on a PvP server, going around around killing people with a L1 dagger on my rogue (hurray OP rogues! :)). I don't think AL is much different fundamentally from the next MMORPG in terms of PvP, except for the fact that CTF and TDM has several issues that will just never go away (which we, the players created).

I hate to say it, but just wait until you're ready for PvP in terms of gear - like I am. Yes, upgraded mythic armor/helm are better than your best version of Architect. Luckily for you, mythic armor/helms are at an all-time low, and will most likely continue to be cheap as the season passes. Just keep upgrading your gear as best you can. I find myself having to this every season, because it takes me a long time to accrue gold to buy my gear (I usually end up with mythic weapons towards the end of the season).

Cero
09-26-2013, 02:09 PM

:) let me guess....you have some Mythics......

If i run PvP with my Rogue vs. a Mythic/Arcane Warrior.... i shoot all my 1,6k mana vs. Him and he dont die.....
Vs. a Mythic Sorc.....i die during Stunlock.....

If i do PvP with my Warrior(same as my Rogue only Legendary Equip).....vs. a Mythic Rogue i get 2or 3 shottet..... vs. Mythic/Maul Warri = chanceless....

I'm sure, im not the only Player, whithout Mythics which see this Problems...... and I say there is nothing ok with PvP with sooo huge Equip differences....

If im right, at the beginning of the Mythic Time, the devs said, Mythics are the Reward for hard working Players, but they dont give a so big Advantage, that Legendary equipped Players are chanceless!!!!

What's left of it???

my mage is full myhic,yes
my warrior just have upgraded helm
epic rings and pendants
archetic plate of grace.
arc weapon/dev maul

As what jex rogues has the most defeat.
A warrior with juggernaut cant survive and tank the dmg and for a sorc who use Curse can kill mostly rogues/sorc.

Azepeiete
09-26-2013, 02:16 PM
So you're telling me after earning some gear, we shouldn't be able to use it to pvp?

Axcvze
09-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Yep agreed

Samhayne
09-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Hey guys,

This happens in just about every online game that has an economy. The term that has been coined for it is "Mudflation". This hearkens back to MUDs that were the pre-cursors to modern MMORPGs. More on wikipedia if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudflation

This is always going to happen. In order for new items to be interesting, they need to be "better" in some way over previous gear. So, items will always be replaced by new stuff. Always. It's just part of how such games work.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Taejo
09-26-2013, 02:33 PM
The term that has been coined for it is "Mudflation". This hearkens back to MUDs that were the pre-cursors to modern MMORPGs. More on wikipedia if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudflation

My brain just got a new wrinkle.

Soundlesskill
09-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Bullox, I recommend arena die farming if it's necessary and it seems you are pressured into here. Arena has frequent drops with lepre, dont waste plat on respawning, break and reform pt if you're stuck with 1 boss. 50k-100k drops+ EGP. In 1 day I made 1m there.

Back to the subject.

@Taejo - You were saying you won't return ti PvP until you're ready, but how do you get better and 'ready' to PvP when you can't practice? At least without worrying about your KDR, which whatever you say, some part of you does. I believe only the extremly skilled players would be able to survive a huge clash mythic vs non-mythic+arcane. Those, lets call them pros, pros geared up long before this season started, so there will only be a certain amount of REALLY pro players with mythic gear, those players goes around destroying everything in PvP so none of the new players will have an earthly chance to try out PvP.

Long story short, pros went geared and it's harder to compete with them, unless you're geared up yourself, that's partly the reason why it's hard to compete with mythic+arcane users. And partly because they're lucky nubs with crit.

Imo there really isn't a lot if pro players left tho, there's a few and when they come out they destroy everything. I'm talking about rouges tho, there's a lot undergeared used to be pro mages in the game like Gormeort and Gwendex... Etc....etc... Same with warrs....

Btw Bullox, I'll give you my word mythics works like a drug. You go into the state if being high. You kill everyone in PvP you feel so good, the drug wears off and you feel you have everything you wanted, you have nothing more to accomplish, flags are too boring... No other achievements... Zzz you blackout.

Bullox
09-26-2013, 03:08 PM
I really miss the time, when the most players wear nearly the same equip.....that was really pvp and a good competition!

Where is the point to fight vs. Players which have about 20% more damage 20% more HP more armor etc.

Maybe 5% would be good to handle and with skill you have a Chance to win, but as it is now, you can forget it......

...... watch the pvp arenas, most of the time, there are always the same few players and sometimes you get no game, i think the Equip difference is the cause of it.....

Taejo
09-26-2013, 03:15 PM
@Taejo - You were saying you won't return ti PvP until you're ready, but how do you get better and 'ready' to PvP when you can't practice? At least without worrying about your KDR, which whatever you say, some part of you does.

For starters, I think worrying about KDR is pathetic (you'd know this if you're familiar with my past postings on the issue). My KDRs are nothing to brag about on any of my toons. Moving on.. sure, practice makes perfect, but why are you making it sound like you must practice for several weeks/months in order to become any good at PvP? Some people are just natural born talents for this kind of thing. Unfortunately for me, I'm not :) However, in my mind, the "pros" are just as beatable as anyone else in the game - they only had a head start on gear but they're still prone to having faults. Every MMO with Mudflation (as Samhayne calls it), has a revolving door that lets people in and out of PvP constantly. Anyone can walk through the revolving door at any time and become the next "pro" PvPer. They will not necessarily 'be destroyed by the existing"pros'.

Yes, we all need practice to get better before we achieve peak performance. Thank you for highlighting my subtle point to Bullox: skill > gear. In the end, this is a mobile game, and it's not rocket science as to figuring out what works and what doesn't work in PvP. Like you said, the bread winners with top gear are sometimes just 'lucky nubs with crit'. It happens in every other MMO, and it will continue to happen here.

So, back to my point...

Bullox, gear yourself until you're satisfied and then go practice some PvP. It's all trial-and-error when it comes down to it - skills, gear, tactics - they all change based on circumstance. Again, skill > gear. I hope you become the next "pro" :)

Bullox
09-26-2013, 03:30 PM
@Sam
I realize that the New items have to be better than the old ones :) but why have the difference between Mythics and Legendaries so huge?

Is it not enough, to give mythic weapons about 10 more dmg than the best Legendary Counterpart?

The same with all other Mythics..... I think a small boost to the best Legendaries would be really enough, so a player with full mythic equip still have a big boost, but a good player with best legendaries is not complete chanceless.

Samhayne
09-26-2013, 03:37 PM
@Sam
I realize that the New items have to be better than the old ones :) but why have the difference between Mythics and Legendaries so huge?

Is it not enough, to give mythic weapons about 10 more dmg than the best Legendary Counterpart?

The same with all other Mythics..... I think a small boost to the best Legendaries would be really enough, so a player with full mythic equip still have a big boost, but a good player with best legendaries is not complete chanceless.

Because if there was only 1 point of stat difference between a Mythic and the best Legendary, the Mythics wouldn't have any value. The difference has to be at least something to make it worthwhile.

Sorry matey, if you want to compete, you'll need to gear up. If not, then know that and play CTF and don't get into 1v1s.

Bullox
09-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Sry Taejo, i cant agree with you.....

Skill>Gear does not exist anymore...

and btw. I'm not New in this game/pvp, i have a few thousand kills in pvp with my Rogue/Sorc and my Warrior.... my KDR is positive at all my Chars :)

If it still were Skill > Gear, i would not Start this Diskussion....

Taejo
09-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Sry Taejo, i cant agree with you.....

Skill>Gear does not exist anymore...

and btw. I'm not New in this game/pvp, i have a few thousand kills in pvp with my Rogue/Sorc and my Warrior.... my KDR is positive at all my Chars :)

If it still were Skill > Gear, i would not Start this Diskussion....

Understood, and to each his own opinion. There wouldn't be a PvP sub-forum if the facts were so cut-and-dry. Best of luck to you this season :)

Bullox
09-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Understood, and to each his own opinion. There wouldn't be a PvP sub-forum if the facts were so cut-and-dry. Best of luck to you this season :)

Ty and the same to you :)

Soundlesskill
09-27-2013, 12:24 AM
For starters, I think worrying about KDR is pathetic (you'd know this if you're familiar with my past postings on the issue). My KDRs are nothing to brag about on any of my toons. Moving on.. sure, practice makes perfect, but why are you making it sound like you must practice for several weeks/months in order to become any good at PvP? Some people are just natural born talents for this kind of thing. Unfortunately for me, I'm not :) However, in my mind, the "pros" are just as beatable as anyone else in the game - they only had a head start on gear but they're still prone to having faults. Every MMO with Mudflation (as Samhayne calls it), has a revolving door that lets people in and out of PvP constantly. Anyone can walk through the revolving door at any time and become the next "pro" PvPer. They will not necessarily 'be destroyed by the existing"pros'.

Yes, we all need practice to get better before we achieve peak performance. Thank you for highlighting my subtle point to Bullox: skill > gear. In the end, this is a mobile game, and it's not rocket science as to figuring out what works and what doesn't work in PvP. Like you said, the bread winners with top gear are sometimes just 'lucky nubs with crit'. It happens in every other MMO, and it will continue to happen here.

So, back to my point...

Bullox, gear yourself until you're satisfied and then go practice some PvP. It's all trial-and-error when it comes down to it - skills, gear, tactics - they all change based on circumstance. Again, skill > gear. I hope you become the next "pro" :)

I'm thinking if you enter a match with a bunch if pros just killing you how are you gonna learn of that

Alhuntrazeck
09-27-2013, 05:48 AM
Ctf is fairly simple IMO - for 5v5 brawls. Don't try to 1v1 if you got bad gear :p

Mythic gear is the 2nd best for a reason.

Energizeric
09-27-2013, 07:40 AM
The reason some of us work so hard to get good gear is exactly for this reason, so we can do well in PvP. If you were to have a separate room for mythic/arcane, then who exactly would want to go in that room? Instead I would just save my gold and buy the best legendary items and play in that room. No reason to spend 10 times as much and be at the same level of competition.

PvE is how you build your character, and then PvP is where you go once you have built up your character. Not the other way around. Work for better gear, then once you have upgraded to good gear, go play PvP. If you are not willing to work hard enough to get the good gear, yet you still want to do PvP, perhaps a good suggestion is to play at a lower twink level. Then you can get the best gear fairly cheap, and can play in PvP without having to worry about better gear coming out and ruining it.

gundamsone
09-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Skill > Gear does exist.
Hand 100 people the same gear and the same skill setup.
I'm sure a few individuals out of those 100 people will stand out more than others.

Bullox
09-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Skill > Gear does exist.
Hand 100 people the same gear and the same skill setup.
I'm sure a few individuals out of those 100 people will stand out more than others.

5 unskilled players with full mythics/arcanes vs. 5 skilled players with legendaries.....

What do you think who will win?

Frohnatur
09-27-2013, 09:53 PM
I do completely understand Bullox' problem. There is no chance, even with a lot of xp, to compete with mythics in pvp.

But.

Mythics are far easier to get than a lot people think. I have mythic armor, helmet, and gun right now and after the mage-class was bumped up a bit with the last major update (thank you STS) I am able to compete in pvp.

None of my mythic gear is from crates. I opened a lot of them (around 300) but I never got any thing of value.

I bought everything. There is one big disadvantage to that: you will never be a early user of new mythic, because those items are at the beginning unbelievable expensive.

How did I get the money for the mythics?

I farm. Crates. Everytime I get Luck elix from klaas or shaz I farm. I bought lepre. Then I wait until something new comes out in those crates and then I sell when the price goes up. Usually it doesnt go up more than double, but towards the end of those time-framed releases (like the mythic weapons weekends) the price goes up some more. Last weekend crates went up to 30k. This is the time to sell. Also, when there is such a weekend I go farm with bought luck elixier. The last mythic weekend I spent around 100 platin and farmed crates all the time. The reward for my efforts: 2,5 million in about 10 hours of farming and selling the crates over the weekend. Use a quick pet and lepre and optimize your run so you can run jarl and hideout about 25 times in half an hour. I average 4 crates per luck run. Plus all those ribbits. Geez. I could open up a french restaurant with all those frogs. lol.

Secondly. There are certain time frames when mythic is cheap. This may be when something new comes out, like the new mythic staff for mages, guns went down price-wise. They are still top notch for pvp tho. Thats when I bought mine. Or at the end of long boring periods where nothing happens. Thats when mythic is also a lot cheaper. To know in advance when a new event is coming up or what upgrade plans there are, go to sts-website and become an insider, check this insider thread on a daily basis. Knowledge is money.

So. It comes down to this: if you out of luck, like me, buy your stuff. Find ways to make money (there are a lot), and know when to buy.

In the meantime follow noisykillars (soundlesskill) advice and go arena. I will be with you, buddy. Because I need money for that damn ruby shuyal ring lol. I need the hp. Still dying way to quick in pvp.

Frohnatur
09-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Because if there was only 1 point of stat difference between a Mythic and the best Legendary, the Mythics wouldn't have any value. The difference has to be at least something to make it worthwhile.

Sorry matey, if you want to compete, you'll need to gear up. If not, then know that and play CTF and don't get into 1v1s.

I must politely disagree, Sam. If you look at the price differences in top-of-the-pops legendaries and the next best legendary thing, they are immense. People will pay crazy amounts of gold just to be that 20 hp or 5 dmg higher than the next-best thing. People pay hundreds of thousands more, just for these little differences. They are willing to do this, because they want to have THE BEST. It has a lot to do with prestige. For the same reason mages staff are selling, though only better at dps and not dmg (even worse at that point compared to guns). Because people think (wrong) that dps matters and that stat has become the "prestige"-point in showing off. The staff itself is rationally inferiour to the gun: no auto-aim, less dmg. And all of your active skills suffer those dmg-loss too. Dps is only king if you use hardly use anything else. Wich nobody really does. As a mage u constantly shoot of your active skills, and they make the most damage. Not the weapon.
So it is irrational that staffs have those high prices. And still: people buy them. For prestige.

Zeus
09-27-2013, 10:20 PM
I must politely disagree, Sam. If you look at the price differences in top-of-the-pops legendaries and the next best legendary thing, they are immense. People will pay crazy amounts of gold just to be that 20 hp or 5 dmg higher than the next-best thing. People pay hundreds of thousands more, just for these little differences. They are willing to do this, because they want to have THE BEST. It has a lot to do with prestige. For the same reason mages staff are selling, though only better at dps and not dmg (even worse at that point compared to guns). Because people think (wrong) that dps matters and that stat has become the "prestige"-point in showing off. The staff itself is rationally inferiour to the gun: no auto-aim, less dmg. And all of your active skills suffer those dmg-loss too. Dps is only king if you use hardly use anything else. Wich nobody really does. As a mage u constantly shoot of your active skills, and they make the most damage. Not the weapon.
So it is irrational that staffs have those high prices. And still: people buy them. For prestige.

Staff has higher damage than gun, bud. Also, it's vastly better than a gun.

Frohnatur
09-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Staff has higher damage than gun, bud. Also, it's vastly better than a gun.

I'm talking legendary staffs here.

Alfai
09-27-2013, 10:59 PM
The disparity between gears is bigger this season.skills alone not enough so thus having a unique build with we at 36cap.hence unlike in season 3 where mhyts so rare,its now a common commodity.

To keep up with the changing one has to keep up.to say mhytic and arcane ruins i would say yes and no.it has now moving into gear dependanr to boost ability.refusal to upgrade means we are competing in not at par matches.mhytic and arcane are no longer exclusively rare,the number of gears floating in the market at a value where more can afford it is changing the game.so entering a pvp room under equipped playinf againt those who has buffed their gears would lead to a certain ending.

I disagree if the pinks choose not to keep up.yes not all of us are lucky or rich to keep opening crates.some are not even plat spenders.bt i also believe by setting a firm goal and haul ur arse towards it can make you from none to at least owning 1 gears.nothing is ever enough but we have to accept the fact the game has shifted towards owning better gears.im nt sure if i still see a full pink who owns but none since this season.if rhere is they compete in very niche match which doesnt entail the overall gaming experience.

Im not sure about drawing a clear line of separating competition betwen pink and myth users.it might make the gap even huge by having a new segment.

Entering a match against myth users and being negative about losing to a myth gear users is contradicting.you are hoping for a rare win against a better gear players and ranting the defeat is caused by it.first of all its never the right room to compete.

My suggestion is to find ways to earn your gears so you can be at par and join the competition.be positive theres always a way if you really put the effort.this exclude scam ofc.

Alfai
09-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Check out this rogue gkrdo.either hes the first or 2nd to onade he has the most negative kdr in pvp ive known.
I knew him since season 3 where he cant even kill.constantly bought the wrong gears.dont ustand a thing about build and gameplay.but what remains ws his high spirit of never giving up.to date he already owned 2 mhytic gears tho it took him forever.he still cocky and challenged others for the sake of improvement.
He still not good at tweaking his skills but those who admire his determination lend a hand.

This guy earn my huge respect for keep trying (tho losing) but if you notice hes getting better and better tho slower pace.he put himself in the game tho might not be at the par of others.he obviously got nothing to brag but never stop fighting.

My points:
1.people do care bout their kdr.its their lb.its their achievement.its what makes this game addictive and highly competitive.the strong insight of showing you are better than others is what fueling this game.
2.hard work is the essence to an excellent and respectable player.yes some are born rich but not all are born gifted.skills is essential bt no longer the only pod between good or bad.the game is the same.the scenario has changed.thts all.
3.we all have things to showcase to others hence why we haul tht aps.no one cn view your personal ap unless stated in lb.refusal to compete is maybe bcause of lack of confidence or preference to fall to comfort zone trying to create a different perspective on thinfs from general view.u wont play if ppl arent saying u r good oru feel u still got to kick a notch.you choose not to compete by sayinf having nothinf to brag can also showcase where you wanna be in this game.ntg wrong but it may not be the general census of others.people wanna be seen or heard or even feared by others.

Frohnatur
09-28-2013, 01:12 AM
I am gkrdo too! He's my friend and we both have disadvantages but we keep trying. Thats the spirit!

Sariita
10-06-2013, 01:46 PM
That's why I got that terrible kdr and I'm not PvPing anymore...

Xstealthxx
10-06-2013, 10:29 PM
An off record pvp :) so nobody cares if he die.. Just play nd fyt with fun.

Alhuntrazeck
10-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Gkrdo? Dude with the full mythics? :O

DexterityX
10-07-2013, 10:11 AM
theres no such thing as "SKILLED or Pro" on this game if so... that would be in closest player whos near at the server.. in short whos near at the server with low ping. but on the other end of the world. its all about ks and high end gear. too many fixing to be fix about pvp like the skill that wont go off but the cool down went on.. really its just sux.

Zeus
10-07-2013, 02:21 PM
theres no such thing as "SKILLED or Pro" on this game if so... that would be in closest player whos near at the server.. in short whos near at the server with low ping. but on the other end of the world. its all about ks and high end gear. too many fixing to be fix about pvp like the skill that wont go off but the cool down went on.. really its just sux.

There's definitely skill, which is why players like Love and Pred can consistently win.

Gameplay
10-07-2013, 08:28 PM
how bout you pvp at low levels, then feel unstoppable, get greedy go pvp at 31-36, get completely owned and then go back to pvp at lvl 2-16!

Ebezaanec
10-07-2013, 09:21 PM
how bout you pvp at low levels, then feel unstoppable, get greedy go pvp at 31-36, get completely owned and then go back to pvp at lvl 2-16!

Gameplay! When did you return to the AL forums? Hehe... Welcome back :)

Gameplay
10-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Gameplay! When did you return to the AL forums? Hehe... Welcome back :)

ive been around just not in game

Alfai
10-08-2013, 02:24 AM

Theres still skills involve.in pvp it aint similar to the hack and slash like in pve.

Build matter.prone dmg and someone who mix it around has a clear difference.
Gears matter.pink and mhytic or arcane do not sit equally side by side.
Then skill takes place when you got all the above.buffing pet too early,spamming skills,attack too early or late,stance and position all takes effect in that short battebspan.

understand
10-12-2013, 12:36 AM
So stupid mythic / arcane users earned their items, you can work for them too. It is very skilled based still, and all about timing, maybe practice more and earn some items before complaining.

Vjerevica
10-12-2013, 12:32 PM
@Energizeric

The reason some of us work so hard to get good gear is exactly for this reason, so we can do well in PvP. If you were to have a separate room for mythic/arcane, then who exactly would want to go in that room?

I'm guessing the other pro players with top gear who are looking for duels with equals. Surely you don't suggest that pro players really avoid that kind of pvp. That implies that what make them pro are wins against inferior geared players. I don't believe that.

Zeus
10-12-2013, 12:41 PM
@Energizeric

I'm guessing the other pro players with top gear who are looking for duels with equals. Surely you don't suggest that pro players really avoid that kind of pvp. That implies that what make them pro are wins against inferior geared players. I don't believe that.

Geared out players don't really have more than a handful of players which usually live in different timezones.

The truth is, there is never going to be a balance in terms of gear. There never is in any MMOs. Therefore, either you deal with it or you work towards that gear yourself. PvP is typically not for the casual gamer, as in PvP, you're expected to show off everything in your arsenal. If you're just a rogue, warrior, or sorcerer, in elite pinks... well, it's going to show. Tough luck!

Vjerevica
10-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Geared out players don't really have more than a handful of players which usually live in different timezones.

The truth is, there is never going to be a balance in terms of gear. There never is in any MMOs. Therefore, either you deal with it or you work towards that gear yourself. PvP is typically not for the casual gamer, as in PvP, you're expected to show off everything in your arsenal. If you're just a rogue, warrior, or sorcerer, in elite pinks... well, it's going to show. Tough luck!

This is huge understatement. You make it sound like myth players are rare birds. It is not so.

Let’s make it extreme. Why we need level filtering then? Let’s make one general PvP without boundaries at all? If your lvl 26 six warrior ends up against lvl 36 - well, tough luck. Deal with it or you work towards that gear/level yourself. Why do we need skill balancing in PvP? Let every class use skills like in Pve. Give mages stun from frost, remove stun immunity period, . . . , I'm sure they will be very happy.

The point is if other aspects of pvp needed balancing in more than a few iterations - why gear balancing is so unacceptable?

Zeus
10-12-2013, 01:54 PM
This is huge understatement. You make it sound like myth players are rare birds. It is not so.

Let’s make it extreme. Why we need level filtering then? Let’s make one general PvP without boundaries at all? If your lvl 26 six warrior ends up against lvl 36 - well, tough luck. Deal with it or you work towards that gear/level yourself. Why do we need skill balancing in PvP? Let every class use skills like in Pve. Give mages stun from frost, remove stun immunity period, . . . , I'm sure they will be very happy.

The point is if other aspects of pvp needed balancing in more than a few iterations - why gear balancing is so unacceptable?

Full mythic/arcane players? Yeah, they kinda are. They represent the top 1% of the group. Others, having 1-2 mythics, it is definitely possible to beat them using elite gear.

The truth is, this never will be changed. You're going to have to stop complaining and deal with it. I'm not wasting my time arguing about this anymore. Infact, the amount of time that you're wasting arguing, you could've used to earn a few 100k in the game.

Gear balancing is unacceptable as it hurts STG's revenue. What is the point of opening crates if all gear is balanced.

I don't know why we're going to keep discussing a matter that has already been said will not happen. I certainly don't like wasting my time, what about you?

Vjerevica
10-12-2013, 02:26 PM
@Apollo
I know it will never be changed. I'm not that naive. I'm just pointing that things are never black or white. In fact they are always grey.

I don't see it as argue. It is debate. It is common method to push opponent’s arguments to extreme and strip them naked so other impartial participants can see things more clearly.

Sadly, in your answer you didn’t offer any thoughts about core question, if other aspects of pvp needed balancing why is it unacceptable for gear?

No need to get angry and offended with different opinions. In fact, I can say that I am not the only one that feels pvp misbalance.

Zeus
10-12-2013, 02:50 PM
@Apollo
I know it will never be changed. I'm not that naive. I'm just pointing that things are never black or white. In fact they are always grey.

I don't see it as argue. It is debate. It is common method to push opponent’s arguments to extreme and strip them naked so other impartial participants can see things more clearly.

Sadly, in your answer you didn’t offer any thoughts about core question, if other aspects of pvp needed balancing why is it unacceptable for gear?

No need to get angry and offended with different opinions. In fact, I can say that I am not the only one that feels pvp misbalance.

I did answer why it is unacceptable for gear to be balanced. It would hurt STG's revenue. As of right now, obtaining gear from locked crates to have the privileges of these advantages is how they thrive.

gundamsone
10-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Arcanes and mythic don't ruin PVP really.
Fun doesn't always = killing/winning. Many casual players have a blast just being able to play with everyone else.

HOWEVER, the pixel hugging, ego boosting, bad mouthing, spot blocking, name calling, & ganging truely ruins the overall PVP experience and discourages these casual players from returning.

Daddyblu
10-13-2013, 03:27 AM
anyone would like to 1-1 me? aside from love :P LOL!

Zethz
10-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Agree

Linkincena
10-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Hey guys,

This happens in just about every online game that has an economy. The term that has been coined for it is "Mudflation". This hearkens back to MUDs that were the pre-cursors to modern MMORPGs. More on wikipedia if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudflation

This is always going to happen. In order for new items to be interesting, they need to be "better" in some way over previous gear. So, items will always be replaced by new stuff. Always. It's just part of how such games work.

Just wanted to throw that out there.
Ewwwww.. that Muddy economics. . XD

nightmaresmoke
10-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Yeah, it's not longer skill based, it's mythic/arcane based. I'd pvp again if they made it more skill based.....

Super agree its all about how u are rich now not how skilled u are which is lame if u ask me..

nightmaresmoke
10-23-2013, 03:44 PM
This isn't the sulotion.
1. Endgame pvp and twink pvp is not the same skills required, like the mana might be a problem for a endgamer going twink.
2. Ewwww twinks!

Yep twinks are disgusting lol i mean u make a twink with full good gears and some have arcane and myth pets and some say to theres kills wkwkwk lol really now u farm poor players and u call them weak?? i mean come on they are poor no wonder there weak, and twinks boast of almost of there kills thats why twinks ewwww... like u said lol

Zeus
10-23-2013, 03:45 PM
It's quite easy to blame the gear when it's rather a combination of both. Let's face it, it is not just the gear otherwise every player that upgraded to mythics suddenly would become pros.

nightmaresmoke
10-23-2013, 03:49 PM
I have no mythics at all and i do fine! Wanna know my secrete? TWINKING!!!

ewww twink

nightmaresmoke
10-23-2013, 03:54 PM

YEp starting to get lame and boring not competitive anymore, its how u are rich now not skill anymore which is pathetic.

inkredible
10-23-2013, 03:59 PM

Cero runs pvp with legendary.. tuma (rogue) i knew he ran pvp before without havin full myth - at the time when he was only borrowing (this season)
the game isnt about 1v1 .. this is a team player.. and even if ur just wearing legendary gear.. with a good team ull survive and be just fine..
but obvs.. 1v1 legendary gear vs full mythic - no match..

Taejo
10-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Cero runs pvp with legendary.. tuma (rogue) i knew he ran pvp before without havin full myth - at the time when he was only borrowing (this season)
the game isnt about 1v1 .. this is a team player.. and even if ur just wearing legendary gear.. with a good team ull survive and be just fine..
but obvs.. 1v1 legendary gear vs full mythic - no match..

I'm tired of posting the same response over and over, so I'll just quote Ink because he's absolutely correct. This upcoming tournament may very well prove this, too. Let's see how the mythic/legendary teams do against the heavy mythic/arcane teams :)

falmear
10-23-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm tired of posting the same response over and over, so I'll just quote Ink because he's absolutely correct. This upcoming tournament may very well prove this, too. Let's see how the mythic/legendary teams do against the heavy mythic/arcane teams :)

The fact that arcanes were limited in the PvP tournament is proof that gear > skill. If you truly believe that you can survive and be just fine with just legendary gear then you shouldn't have limited arcane weapons and pets. Also the most heated threads in this forum are about boosting & nerfing stuff. And these all relate back to PvP. No one in PvE doing timed runs is crying that some weapon got boosted/nerfed. I don't understand how you can expect people to compete against those who have an arcane weapon, arcane pet, full mythic vs someone else who has legendary gear & pet. I don't really care because I have an arcane weapon and arcane pet. The only real balance I see is among the best gear (arcane/full mythic).

Taejo
10-23-2013, 07:25 PM
The fact that arcanes were limited in the PvP tournament is proof that gear > skill. If you truly believe that you can survive and be just fine with just legendary gear then you shouldn't have limited arcane weapons and pets. Also the most heated threads in this forum are about boosting & nerfing stuff. And these all relate back to PvP. No one in PvE doing timed runs is crying that some weapon got boosted/nerfed. I don't understand how you can expect people to compete against those who have an arcane weapon, arcane pet, full mythic vs someone else who has legendary gear & pet. I don't really care because I have an arcane weapon and arcane pet. The only real balance I see is among the best gear (arcane/full mythic).

I see your point, and yes we limited arcanes so that no one could create a powerhouse team. We also made this rule so that those who are firm believers in the arcane > all theory wouldn't be discouraged from joining the tournament. The gear > skill claim is extremely circumstantial in CTF, and in a team strategy match you cannot generalize something like that. Strategy and teamwork can easily overpower any arcane weapon. The fact is we could argue in circles about this all day long. Until the day where someone sets up a 5v5 CTF match with red wearing legendary stuff and blue wearing mythic/arcane, we will never know for sure. All I know, is I've played some great PvP matches in AL where legendary players were wiping the floor with the big, bad arcane wielders.

parnasofication
10-23-2013, 08:03 PM
This is an MMORPG, not TEKKEN, STREET FIGHTER, or whatever versus game where you believe skill is the only thing that matters. Would you still strive for best gears if it means jack squat? I'll just buy a vanity then and look sexy killin' stuff. Oh yeah!

Taejo
10-23-2013, 08:23 PM
This is an MMORPG, not TEKKEN, STREET FIGHTER, or whatever versus game where you believe skill is the only thing that matters. Would you still strive for best gears if it means jack squat? I'll just buy a vanity then and look sexy killin' stuff. Oh yeah!

Oh, its an MMORPG? I guess that's why my up, up, right + B combo isn't working.

parnasofication
10-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Oh, its an MMORPG? I guess that's why my up, up, right + B combo isn't working.

I know right! I just button mash square though, with my hot long blonde hair equipped on Steve. Awesome? I say yes!

Terracio
10-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Ive seen plenty of warriors that have samael and maul or glaive and suck.

Likewise Ive seen some with great potential but bad equipment.

Then there are those who are just average but their sam-maul/glaive closes the gqp and makes them seem great.

This is an mmo point is to always have best eq possible and lvl up be it for pvp or pve. If you want to hang at end game its expected you will try to get best gear.

If you wanna keep people with good eq separate from those with bad eq in pvp well do the same in pve then. Whats good for the duck is good for the goose.

Terracio
10-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Furthermore you can twink which is cheaper and some instances easier and STILL have a shot atthe leaderboard with the end gamers (who have to survive the full mythic people and the four warrior temas with 2 mauls and plenty of Samaels) which is ridiculous on itself, but thats a topic for another thread.

Alfai
10-24-2013, 01:15 AM
Take mhytic as the new pink league.that isnt so hard.last season pvp were dominated by pinks still mainly.mhytics seemed arcane at least before the first half of season 4.being full mhytic now seems to equip high end pinks.nothing special tbh.

Owning arcane is the new mhytic for season.tho the margin buffs may not be exactly at similar scale between pinks and the high end gears,but it is the running league in pvp now.

Pink seems to reflect epic,which i havent really seen any running around this season.or i might missed it but i can be sure its very little.

afrobug
10-24-2013, 05:40 AM
It was fun before when there was only mythic helms around. There was only arcane hooks which was OK because it was intended for competitive pve runs. Not much of arcane pet around. Everyone relies on elite gears and PvP with skills and/or strategy on top of gears. Not gonna say I was great at pvp because let's face it there's always someone better than yourself but point is everyone has equal(or almost) chance of killing other players. So people spend time doing PvP. I quit PvP when new mythics came around. Sad to say but this game is slowly switching to p2p. Still a free game but c'mon if u don't use plat, you're way behind the competition. So solution I guess is to have a separate PvP for mythic/arcane players from elite legendary equipped ones. I think that will bring back fun in pvp. And will perhaps improve the economy.

PS: I still love this game.

Bullox
10-24-2013, 06:05 AM
Separate PvP Rooms is the wrong way...

It's good to make Mythics/Arcanes to be Top Gear for 2/3 Seasons, but it's the wrong way to give these items such a big difference to the Legendaries.... these items should only have a small Advantage in the current Season and get a buff in the next season....

Hnakkur
10-24-2013, 06:29 AM
the statement we can also put into the pve szenario too. as always its just a question if you are myth your imba... otherwise... no way to be "one of the best"

hakoom7
10-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Well, people with mythics would dissagree and people who cant get mythic would agree with ur thread, but its simple we didnt start the game and mythics were handed to us, we worked hard and earned them of course ur fast food theres like 100 dmg and 500 hp defference why u think it cost millions to be mythic. Its the only thing making the game alive and trust me its the only thing making profits for the game and us, if u were arround when game was lvl cap 16 u would know how that time 100k was like now 100m.

Dont wana be rude or party breaker but ur thread is kinda useless dear, dont think there will be day that sts would remove mythics and arcane, u better just buy some ;)

Bullox
10-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Well, people with mythics would dissagree and people who cant get mythic would agree with ur thread, but its simple we didnt start the game and mythics were handed to us, we worked hard and earned them of course ur fast food theres like 100 dmg and 500 hp defference why u think it cost millions to be mythic. Its the only thing making the game alive and trust me its the only thing making profits for the game and us, if u were arround when game was lvl cap 16 u would know how that time 100k was like now 100m.

Dont wana be rude or party breaker but ur thread is kinda useless dear, dont think there will be day that sts would remove mythics and arcane, u better just buy some ;)

.....i have Mythics.... and my opinion is, that the difference to Legendaries is too high......

...and where is the point, having a handfull people with mega equip doing pvp, and hundreds of people stop doing pvp because they know, they are chanceless. .....

That is what i want to say with this thread.....

Eski
10-24-2013, 11:53 AM
100% Agree ,but thats the game and there will be come some more lucky bastrds

Soundlesskill
10-24-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm full mythic too and I still think there's a too high difference between non-mythic and mythic. Full mythic players have 20 more dmg and 500 more Hp, 700 more HP if daggers. Rouges

Eski
10-24-2013, 01:17 PM
I dont think the difference is too big,i think its not fair that all the myth arcane owner choose a team and the others (mostly nonmyth) are absolutly chanceless..

hakoom7
10-24-2013, 01:27 PM
.....i have Mythics.... and my opinion is, that the difference to Legendaries is too high......

...and where is the point, having a handfull people with mega equip doing pvp, and hundreds of people stop doing pvp because they know, they are chanceless. .....

That is what i want to say with this thread.....
Of course the differnce is high then whats the point of weak mythic, beside in my openion i play pvp daily and never had problem with not finding players it seems full and active, so i wouldnt agree that thousand of people stopped, and in my openion maybe they shouldnt quit and complain, geormerot one of the best pvp players and he has 0 mythic, fully legendary yet deadly, its about skills too dear