PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected windfall, what to do?

IronMonkey
09-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Today, I received an unexpected windfall worth around $200. Can you help me decide what will I do with it, I do have 3 choices:

A. Save up to buy a new smartphone (I need a new one but not really that desperately need).

B. Donate to a local charity (I missed my last year's donation, I feel a little guilt :apologetic:of not giving last year and this year).

C. Buy some platinum to open some locked crates in Arcane Legends (Hmmm, sounds like fun :playful:

DocDoBig
09-26-2013, 10:46 AM
A. Nexus 5 and/or Note 3

keikali
09-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Save it.

New phones are not a necessity if you already have one that does all the functions you need.

Revealing
09-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Save 50$ to give charity (Optional)
Save rest for a phone

Spyce
09-26-2013, 05:46 PM
B.

Give back to your community!

Revealing
09-27-2013, 09:33 AM
^^ or buy a gun kill sherif everyone will luv ya

Zojak
09-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Save it man

Zeus
09-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Today, I received an unexpected windfall worth around $200. Can you help me decide what will I do with it, I do have 3 choices:

A. Save up to buy a new smartphone (I need a new one but not really that desperately need).

B. Donate to a local charity (I missed my last year's donation, I feel a little guilt :apologetic:of not giving last year and this year).

C. Buy some platinum to open some locked crates in Arcane Legends (Hmmm, sounds like fun :playful:

Well, since you deleted your account... that crosses out option C. Unless... you recovered it, of course. Personally, I would say that save up to buy a new smartphone under these circumstances:

• You need a new smartphone to replace your aging one. Remember, most flagship phones have a lifespan of 2-3 years, while any phone below flagship have a lifespan of 1-2 years.

• If you really need a new one, you should get one now as new phones are just now being released. Honestly, if you wait, you will end up getting a flagship phone that's been on the market for a few months and is going to be updated with the next latest and greatest.

As for the charity, my motto is to give only when your responsibilities are taken care of. Also, keep in mind that helping people on a daily basis is a form of charity so if you do that, don't feel bad if you didn't donate last year!

IronMonkey
09-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Well, since you deleted your account... that crosses out option C. Unless... you recovered it, of course. Personally, I would say that save up to buy a new smartphone under these circumstances:

• You need a new smartphone to replace your aging one. Remember, most flagship phones have a lifespan of 2-3 years, while any phone below flagship have a lifespan of 1-2 years.

• If you really need a new one, you should get one now as new phones are just now being released. Honestly, if you wait, you will end up getting a flagship phone that's been on the market for a few months and is going to be updated with the next latest and greatest.

As for the charity, my motto is to give only when your responsibilities are taken care of. Also, keep in mind that helping people on a daily basis is a form of charity so if you do that, don't feel bad if you didn't donate last year!

Yeah true, Option C is really out of the question, just to spice the topic a bit. I have been eyeing the IPhone 5C, I'm not a heavy user when it comes to smartphone, mainly call and text, to do apps, etc. but I wish to own an IPhone to complement with my MBA. Thanks for sharing your point of view about charity, I feel like giving back because thankfully I'm so blessed financially this year. :angel:

Zeus
09-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Yeah true, Option C is really out of the question, just to spice the topic a bit. I have been eyeing the IPhone 5C, I'm not a heavy user when it comes to smartphone, mainly call and text, to do apps, etc. but I wish to own an IPhone to complement with my MBA. Thanks for sharing your point of view about charity, I feel like giving back because thankfully I'm so blessed financially this year. :angel:

Keep in mind that with the iphone 5C, it'll be difficult to run games like AL after a year or so.