PDA

View Full Version : Parties harder?

sanchomundo
09-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Noobie here.

When I solo levels, I destroy bad guys. I solo bosses fairly easily.

When I am in a party, it is much tougher. I get one-hit by some bosses. Baddies take much longer to kill.

So why should i run maps in parties? Is there a benefit in drops or experience or something?

Does the difficulty scale with the number of people in the party? Or are there just easy/hard modes?

Thanks

FluffNStuff
09-26-2013, 01:14 PM
What are the levels of the other players? The difficulty scales to the level of the highest player, so if you are in a party and the others are even 2-3 levels above you it can make it a LOT more harder.

sanchomundo
09-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks. That explains quite a bit.

Does it matter how many players there are, or is it just the highest ranked player?

Does that mean the dungeons will always be hard? They will scale up as I do?

Taejo
09-26-2013, 01:41 PM
So why should i run maps in parties?

To prepare you for elite maps later on. If you solo the entire game, and then one day feel like running elite maps, you're not going to have practice/experience under your belt to contribute to the party's success. You might roll your eyes at that, but ask the other forumers here if they think elite maps are difficult/challenging or not.

Alrisaia
09-26-2013, 01:57 PM
To prepare you for elite maps later on. If you solo the entire game, and then one day feel like running elite maps, you're not going to have practice/experience under your belt to contribute to the party's success. You might roll your eyes at that, but ask the other forumers here if they think elite maps are difficult/challenging or not.

Tae - I couldn't agree more.

Multiplayer is in the genre name of this game and working together is an integral part of playing.