PDA

View Full Version : Epiphany? I guess. =P (The PvE "Problem")

Zapoke
09-26-2013, 06:05 PM
On my way home from class today, I had a sudden idea about the boredom that PvE players have in Pocket Legends. They're capped, and a new level cap is not in the foreseeable future. So I wondered, "What if STS took the cap off of 76 and let people level up to 100?"

Okay, I know that sounds weird. But here's roughly what I mean:
Keep the EXP for the "ELITE" cap at 76, for the elite vanity, but allow people to continue leveling up to 101 after that (With ELITE levels every 5 levels). Probably using normal level up values, lol. :p With the current system, I do understand that you could only actually get to 78 in BSM (without the EXP everywhere elixir), so then I wondered.. "What if they compressed all of the previous maps to be endgame maps? 3 campaigns per 5 levels? (75 levels of maps put into 25 levels!)" No new drops or anything, just the same dungeons with stronger enemies. Though maybe dropping BSM stuff, or scaled trash items? (And only allow people to enter if they have the level 76 elite vanity, right?)

Anyway. I also thought: "Perhaps all of the maps could be used at any point of time, and the enemies could scale with the game level, as if it were a PvP match."

Sorry if this is a bit scattered, brain has been pretty "meh" lately. If you understood what I mean, let me know what you think? I feel like this could give incentive to PvE players to buy platinums. Lots of platinums (I know that I would like to level past 76! lol). :p I'm not sure how difficult/not difficult it would be to code something like this, but I definitely feel that this could be a temporary fix to not having the 100 level game PL was originally planned to have.

Oldcoot
09-26-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't care what the level number is I just want to do something different

Aerospacegod
09-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Simpler idea I had; make a quest that resets your stats to zero. You have to re-earn all the way to 76 again to complete it only this time through you get 6 points per lv and it's say 25% harder.

No new items needed, no new levels to create no new bosses etc. Should be doable and will create more demand for all lower items since people will need them to lv up again. The second time through 75-76 they could let you get the elite ring that is not available now.

Kixxler
09-26-2013, 06:40 PM
or STS could care about PL

Zapoke
09-26-2013, 06:45 PM
or STS could care about PL

It's hard for a business to put time into something that doesn't generate much money.

Mothwing
09-26-2013, 07:11 PM
It's hard for a business to put time into something that doesn't generate much money.

It's hard for players to give a company money when the business doesn't put out content. :p

BlueSkied
09-26-2013, 07:19 PM
It's hard for players to give a company money when the business doesn't put out content. :p

Thus an undeniable impasse is reached. Who will balk first; the player base, or the management?

Stephencobear
09-26-2013, 07:20 PM

Their a business, it's their job to figure out how to make it profitable. They made the elite quest to get the egg within 4 days and we went nuts buying plat, that was just one item introduced. If they merely recolor something like the valintines items people would spend, or make new turnstile maps, or if they sold subscriptions. I think if your in the business of selling something you don't quit when you make something unprofitable, you improve the product.

@ op- its not a terrible idea but if pvp is unballenced now, then any higher levels it will be worse. Skills would have to be revamped or go up to 20. Seems like they'd have to write a bit more code and that's what they are avoiding in the first place.
Sorry if I'm sounding negative here.

Edit- didn't realize what acc I was on, el oh el :D

tHelonestud
09-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Their a business, it's their job to figure out how to make it profitable. They made the elite quest to get the egg within 4 days and we went nuts buying plat, that was just one item introduced. If they merely recolor something like the valintines items people would spend, or make new turnstile maps, or if they sold subscriptions. I think if your in the business of selling something you don't quit when you make something unprofitable, you improve the product.

@ op- its not a terrible idea but if pvp is unballenced now, then any higher levels it will be worse. Skills would have to be revamped or go up to 20. Seems like they'd have to write a bit more code and that's what they are avoiding in the first place.

Edit- didn't realize what acc I was on, el oh el :D

Guess I should move along, but can only wonder what trolltastic scheme is underway now

Reunegade
09-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Thank fairy comin' thru :)

I like the idea Zapoke, but more content would be more exciting. In AL, there was a storyline when they released new campaigns which IMO is a really cool idea. It's not so much in PL though.

Oldcoot
09-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Haven't herd from Stephencobear in a while:)

Argyros
09-26-2013, 07:52 PM
I thought about something similar earlier... What if STS let you re-acess all campaigns from 1-76, but these camps would be marked as elite. The elite fh mobs would be like l78 and so on.

I will make a detailed thread later, but it's a pretty simple possibility.

Suentous PO
09-26-2013, 07:58 PM
I thought about something similar earlier... What if STS let you re-acess all campaigns from 1-76, but these camps would be marked as elite. The elite fh mobs would be like l78 and so on.

Like in AL it sounds like.

Zapoke
09-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Thus an undeniable impasse is reached. Who will balk first; the player base, or the management?

It'll have to be the players, because STS can just focus on different products if people stop using PL. :p

I realize that improving a product increases its demand, but the general public wants Arcane Legends, not Pocket Legends. And that's where the money is flowing, so that's where STS is spending their time, which imo is fine. If a product is working for you, promote it. Focus on it. Pocket Legends is still the 2nd highest for Legends titles for incoming money, I'm sure, but that doesn't change the fact that we won't be getting new content any time soon, as they've even said as much. That doesn't bother me, but if they're going to stop making new maps and gear for a while, I would personally at least like to have more levels to work on, and it seems to me that reusing the same previous maps with higher mob levels is the only viable option for that to happen at the moment.
The current skill level cap can actually accommodate to level 107. I suppose it wouldn't be great to have nearly all maxed skills when people actually do hit 101, but meh. At that point it's just a class balance, not gear balance.

I like the idea Zapoke, but more content would be more exciting. In AL, there was a storyline when they released new campaigns which IMO is a really cool idea. It's not so much in PL though.

I know we all want more item and map content, but I want more level content. The longer endgame stews as is, the worst the PvP community there gets. And then when they're bored, they trickle down slowly into twink levels.. makes me shudder. :(

They had a story line in Pocket Legends. It just kind of fell through as the game went on. But I'm a person who will only play a game if its gameplay is amazing. Story line is nice, and for PC MMOs I usually have high standards for it, but for a game like PL... I just like enjoying the game.

That's essentially the idea, but it's more for leveling purposes for me! :p Also, "Elite" versions of campaigns makes me think that there would be special drops or sommat.

Darkterror
09-27-2013, 10:23 AM
They havent even mission cross like we voted the most for in an old sts survey.

Roberto077
09-27-2013, 11:00 AM
They havent even mission cross like we voted the most for in an old sts survey.

I almost didn't understand that. Was the survey back in 2010-early 2011?

Chopper
09-27-2013, 01:24 PM
New character levels could be a very short term solution i think as well.

STS is balking at putting in time to create new maps and content. But if they let people at least move up to 81 with no new maps, at least the minor improvements gained from stat boosts and skill improvements would be something to
achieve in the meantime. It's pretty much free to STS to do and would at least engage playing a lot more than what is happening now. Since they no longer have plans for multiple campaigns to 101, losing 5 levels to simple Xp levlling is no loss to them.

Mage till the end
09-27-2013, 04:48 PM

Like the age old question, what happens when a im moveable object meets an unstoppable force?

tHelonestud
09-27-2013, 05:17 PM
This is best PvE idea I had

I would give this about an 0.0113% chance of actually happening, but I was bored so I thought this up.

The generally idea is to give another challenge for capped players, but not just the ordinary endgame challenge. It would(if you choose to do it) force you to create a new character. It would be similar to the premium character pack at the creation point; there would be an option to make an elite character for 50 extra platinum.

Unique Elite Character Attributes
-Instead of starting with no skills unlocked, all skills would be unlocked at level 1
-An additional 10 skill points at level 1
-5 additional unique faces per class(20 platinum each)
-access to more names(at least for the first people to use feature) as similar to -fnord names there would be -elite after your name
-a unique vanity helm that would allow access to the elite campaign, which I will further explain
-no stash access
-no xp gain in normal campaigns/levels

Now for the elite campaign:
It would be locked for any non-elite characters, as equipping the unique vanity would allow access, like the humania helm with the 71 elite dungeon.

This description is pretty general because I didn't like think through every single level and boss fight for awesome twists from standard combat.

-there would just be one level per level range (1-10, 11-15, 16-20, and etc.)
-NPC's at dungeon entry give quests to be turned in final boss room after boss has been eliminated.
-quest rewards would consist of unique gear for the next level as well as large amounts of xp so that 1 successful run would get you to next level range
-mobs will not give xp
-almost like a giant boss map(300 or so enemies) but with a unique elite boss at the end
-mobs would obviously hit harder and have larger health pools
-basically once you beat the entire elite campaign you will have capped
-final level in campaign list would be 10 player pvp map with no teams

--maps would be elixir free! but each run would cost 15 platinum, as well as platinum revives in maps being upped to 5 platinum and revenge to 30--

possible extras
-an elite towne
-NPC merchants selling platinum vanities for elite characters only
-better rings
-white/diamond dragon set made of elite dungeon quest and crafting for platinum

Oldcoot
09-27-2013, 05:29 PM
I kinda like this one^^

Zapoke
09-27-2013, 06:06 PM

It's a good idea... And I would like something like that! Forces people to play as a team and know how to play. But the problem is, that would require a lot of new content (new type of characters, new bosses, new gear, ect), and the devs have already said that they aren't going to make new content for PL for a while. The only reason I actually brought my idea up is because of the fact that it creates a lot of new levels to reach, with no new content. =x

Caiahar
09-27-2013, 09:59 PM

I would give this about an 0.0113% chance of actually happening, but I was bored so I thought this up.

The generally idea is to give another challenge for capped players, but not just the ordinary endgame challenge. It would(if you choose to do it) force you to create a new character. It would be similar to the premium character pack at the creation point; there would be an option to make an elite character for 50 extra platinum.

Unique Elite Character Attributes
-Instead of starting with no skills unlocked, all skills would be unlocked at level 1
-An additional 10 skill points at level 1
-5 additional unique faces per class(20 platinum each)
-access to more names(at least for the first people to use feature) as similar to -fnord names there would be -elite after your name
-a unique vanity helm that would allow access to the elite campaign, which I will further explain
-no stash access
-no xp gain in normal campaigns/levels

Now for the elite campaign:
It would be locked for any non-elite characters, as equipping the unique vanity would allow access, like the humania helm with the 71 elite dungeon.

This description is pretty general because I didn't like think through every single level and boss fight for awesome twists from standard combat.

-there would just be one level per level range (1-10, 11-15, 16-20, and etc.)
-NPC's at dungeon entry give quests to be turned in final boss room after boss has been eliminated.
-quest rewards would consist of unique gear for the next level as well as large amounts of xp so that 1 successful run would get you to next level range
-mobs will not give xp
-almost like a giant boss map(300 or so enemies) but with a unique elite boss at the end
-mobs would obviously hit harder and have larger health pools
-basically once you beat the entire elite campaign you will have capped
-final level in campaign list would be 10 player pvp map with no teams

--maps would be elixir free! but each run would cost 15 platinum, as well as platinum revives in maps being upped to 5 platinum and revenge to 30--

possible extras
-an elite towne
-NPC merchants selling platinum vanities for elite characters only
-better rings
-white/diamond dragon set made of elite dungeon quest and crafting for platinum
Its pretty cool. Only downfall I see is it'll be hard for non plat buyers.
But justg said in his thread, no new content. Your idea is really good, but it would be new content.

Mothwing
09-27-2013, 10:10 PM
I know you made it up but...15 platinum per run?! You ok? xD

Other than that, I'd be thrilled if STS even considered one of those things.

WhoIsThis
09-27-2013, 10:56 PM
There are answers to that question.

A large number of people are not playing so much to level to the "elite cap" (which is only ever achieved by a handful of players), as they are for exploring the world, achievements, gear, PvP, or simply with friends. Why not just release new content without raising levels? All other content would be offered the way that it is, with new content, gear, and other things. Instead, the focus would be on getting achievements, content, and other experiences. There is a precedent for this - the level 50 "Elite" which was released after Alien Oasis 3, but before the Sewers.

Gear-wise, this would lead to a revolution. First, gear sets should be comparable to previous levels - in other words, no super elite sets. It would force people to optimize and decide which set was the best for which situation. It would also lead to a greater variety of gear. If would also radically force a re-balance of PvP by providing no superior sets that one would want to swap into immediately upon new content.

Special perks would be available (ex: vanity that do not give spec bonuses) for people that did explore a lot of the content, but they are for looks only (very important).

tHelonestud
09-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Its pretty cool. Only downfall I see is it'll be hard for non plat buyers.
But justg said in his thread, no new content. Your idea is really good, but it would be new content.
I think he only said no new cap, most likely though does mean content.
As far as the platinum I agree, but I don't think there is any other way they would do this, it is a business, so a non paying customer is already getting almost everything else for free.

angeldawn
09-28-2013, 04:43 PM
I think he only said no new cap, most likely though does mean content.
As far as the platinum I agree, but I don't think there is any other way they would do this, it is a business, so a non paying customer is already getting almost everything else for free.

Sadly he did say no new content or anything that requires and update to be sent to App Stores.

Stud!! I think some of your ideas are great!! Some need some work ;p but I would love an -elite toon lol.

tHelonestud
09-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Pretty sure this idea would require update as well though

Kingzila
09-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Pl is the main game generating them money there just spending it on al to get it off the groud. That's why there has been not new content lately. Which is not a huge deal really since they are fixing things still in pl meaning simply pl is still there "first class girl" game.

Argyros
09-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Wrong^

All you have to do, is go into the play store and check out the number of downloads for PL and AL.
AL has 5,000,000+ downloads, PL has 1,000,000+ downloads.

:O