PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about becoming a part-time poster again

WhoIsThis
09-27-2013, 11:46 PM
I'm not too sure where to put this, so I'll put it here. (Mods feel free to move to wherever this is appropriate - I was mostly active in PL so I guess it will be here). I'm not a new player, so I guess I don't belong there.

After about a 20 month hiatus, I may return to the forums to post part-time. I do not think that I will be an active player at this point (RL issues mostly - for those that knew me, my health has not been in the greatest of shape and I do not have as much spare time as I would like), but I will return part-time to posting. I do have a few long threads that I would like to post at some point. Also, for anybody that knew me that wants to chat, feel free to PM me or to ask to chat with me outside of PL. I'll check back every now and then (but I cannot assure that I will reach you immediately, but I'll check back every now and then - hence the part-time poster).

Jcyee
09-28-2013, 01:09 AM
Well then welcome back WhoIsThis! I've always appreciated the thougtful insight you put into your posts/threads and I admire you as a role model in the PL community.

Hope you get well soon, and I look forward to more of your great posts!

Suntv
09-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Who is this?

XghostzX
09-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Welcome back old friend :)

Gaunab
09-28-2013, 12:09 PM
It would be awesome to have you back, bro!

tHelonestud
09-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Deserved GoA more than a good number who recieved the status
Glad to see you back

Everyone'sFavMage
09-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Deserved GoA more than a good number who recieved the status
Glad to see you back

So true.

Sheugokin
09-30-2013, 05:31 PM
^ Glad to have you back too!!!!!

WhoIsThis
10-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Thanks everyone.

Edit:

Well I guess I am back. Yeah I might delay thread - I may need to be out of town next week (trip I have to make).

Everyone'sFavMage
10-01-2013, 02:47 AM
Thanks everyone.

Edit: Will give thanks to bottom posts soon - apparently there's a reputation cap in 24 hours.

Boostmyrepmoarpls ;O gud to have u back bro.

Extreme
10-01-2013, 03:28 AM
Welcome back :)!

Burningdex
10-01-2013, 08:29 PM
welcome back :)

i have read your entire team mechanics guide and i must say its extremely thorough :)

Suentous PO
10-01-2013, 09:49 PM
The mechanics guide is so good, and got way less accolades than it deserved.
Cheers

WhoIsThis
10-02-2013, 07:29 PM
The mechanics guide is so good, and got way less accolades than it deserved.
Cheers

It is quite outdated (by about 2 years mind you), although the mechanics are fundamentally the same.

Everyone'sFavMage
10-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Your suggestions you made I think during fang cap? Can't remember. It was like a 3 hour read. Craziness but by far the best read I've had on any forum. If only they used some of your suggestions.

WhoIsThis
10-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Your suggestions you made I think during fang cap? Can't remember. It was like a 3 hour read. Craziness but by far the best read I've had on any forum. If only they used some of your suggestions.

I presume that you are referring to this?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44958-The-future-of-PL-long-term-recommendations-my-most-important-post-for-this-year

I do think that the game would have been a much more popular game had the suggestions been acted on.

Ok let me put it this way:
The issue right now is that PL has a chicken and egg problem right now. No new good content, no good players, and not earning much revenue for STS. The problem is that every hour of dev time spent on PL is less on AL. But at the same time, AL earns more revenue (for now). The issue is that for PL to take off again, it will need a lot of love from the devs and a lot of new content. The problem is of course, AL earns more.

Argyros
10-03-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm a newer player, (like 2yr) and I have researched alot on the GOA. Everytime I have searched, I find old threads of current Guardians recommending you. I'm sure you have alot to say, I look forward to doing some reading. ^^

WhoIsThis
10-03-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm a newer player, (like 2yr) and I have researched alot on the GOA. Everytime I have searched, I find old threads of current Guardians recommending you. I'm sure you have alot to say, I look forward to doing some reading. ^^

My advice is to read my old posts to get an idea of my style.

Everyone'sFavMage
10-03-2013, 11:02 PM
I presume that you are referring to this?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?44958-The-future-of-PL-long-term-recommendations-my-most-important-post-for-this-year

I do think that the game would have been a much more popular game had the suggestions been acted on.

Ok let me put it this way:
The issue right now is that PL has a chicken and egg problem right now. No new good content, no good players, and not earning much revenue for STS. The problem is that every hour of dev time spent on PL is less on AL. But at the same time, AL earns more revenue (for now). The issue is that for PL to take off again, it will need a lot of love from the devs and a lot of new content. The problem is of course, AL earns more.
Yes I was referring to that thread. I agree with you. It needs more attention but isn't getting the attention because it's making less. The chicken egg example is a perfect illustration. Which needs to come first? Attention to get players or players to earn attention. Right now if sts doesn't wanna lose this game entirely they really need to consider giving it and it's loyal players attention. They need to take a few players such as yourself. And I can think of a few more and just simply have them help a little with new content patches and such. It could improve and perhaps SAVE this game.

WhoIsThis
10-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Yes I was referring to that thread. I agree with you. It needs more attention but isn't getting the attention because it's making less. The chicken egg example is a perfect illustration. Which needs to come first? Attention to get players or players to earn attention. Right now if sts doesn't wanna lose this game entirely they really need to consider giving it and it's loyal players attention. They need to take a few players such as yourself. And I can think of a few more and just simply have them help a little with new content patches and such. It could improve and perhaps SAVE this game.

The issue is that the game may not be worth saving in their eyes. Google up "sunk cost fallacy" to understand what I mean. PL made money at one point. It does not anymore. It may or may not with a major upgrade.