PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Maul's Skill Damage Bugged???

BalbosaAkash
09-28-2013, 03:00 PM
While using the Maul of Ollerus along with Samael the skill damage of SKYWARD SMASH (512-640)
BUT when we are using Fortified Glaive(New Mythic) with Samael the skill damage of SKYWARD SMASH (601-751)

Both these damages are UNBUFFED !
Same goes for other skills as well !!
Basically Skill damage using the MAUL is comparable to the Architect Blade of Assault (Level 36)..thts Funny for me !

Now can somebody explain me why is it so??

Maul has definitely higher damage(in stats) than Glaive..but Damage is basically used in skills..but the difference is almost Zero if the skill damage is taken into account as well !

Overall..according to me Mythic Glaive is a better Weapon..More Dps..Better Skill Damage..more armor..and higher crit as well !!
Maul definitely has a better proc than glaive..! But it does not proc so often..so does it make a big difference??

Whats ur pick..MAUL or GLAIVE ????

Please do correct me wherever required !! :)

inkredible
09-28-2013, 05:52 PM
idk whats wrong with maul.. even entombed warfare average dmg hits better than maul.. i have both so i compare them
but dont get me wrong, maul still have HIGHER damage when crit.. but AVERAGE dmg for entombed for me was like 700-900, crit average 1100-1200 - accurately rare high dmg around 1300-1500.. maul AVERAGE normal hits was about-+ 600-800-+ crit avg 900-1400/1500 - rare high dmg hit 1700-1800

maul still hits higher.. but entombed seems to hit high more often

Zanpakuto
09-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the world of arcane weapons expiring. It was sad watching hooks get demolished by the new razorbacks. I'd say your maul is still pretty competitive with the other weapons and is close enough. Next expansion is when you'll cry as the legendaries first outdo the maul, followed by new 41 mythic weapons that will "hammer" the final nail of the mauls coffin and forever seal it as twink.

As I've stated before, arcane weapons should have level scaling that way they can be used forever should the owner choose to. As it is, invest all your money on arcane eggs.

Morholt
09-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Hopefully it's just a screen display issue. Like how passives don't properly display.

Could you imagine if maul has actually been hitting softly? Maul warriors will be beyond scary in PvP.

Both the maul and glaive are supposed to 'expire' at lvl 41. Sts has stated that the maul is supposed to be a harder hitting weapon, but the glaive being faster.

xcainnblecterx
09-28-2013, 11:34 PM
I read the post as if you were yelling at me lol

inkredible
09-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the world of arcane weapons expiring. It was sad watching hooks get demolished by the new razorbacks. I'd say your maul is still pretty competitive with the other weapons and is close enough. Next expansion is when you'll cry as the legendaries first outdo the maul, followed by new 41 mythic weapons that will "hammer" the final nail of the mauls coffin and forever seal it as twink.

As I've stated before, arcane weapons should have level scaling that way they can be used forever should the owner choose to. As it is, invest all your money on arcane eggs.

agreed but the point was, all the stats of maul comparing to entombed warfare are far off like over 100 + dmg difference.. they shouldnt be hitting fairly similar

Vertuldo
09-29-2013, 10:47 AM
IMO, the arcane maul shouldnt be replaced or should never be faced out. come on! Its an arcane item. It is the rarest of the rarest. The owner probably invested lots of time, money or effort to acquire it! Why replace it? Why make it look like a twink??

iluvataris
09-29-2013, 10:53 AM
They will all be twink weapons someday.

Vertuldo
09-29-2013, 11:10 AM
They will all be twink weapons someday.

OMG! Im already crying. please dont say that...

xXz21
09-29-2013, 05:00 PM
this is how sts make money.. how much the people need spendt on game for get maul? or arcane?? (no rogue) to much money. and u got it for how much? 3-4 month and them change for a new ''mytic'' and wait for a new ''arcane'' and try to get it again ;)

Zeus
09-29-2013, 05:52 PM
The problem is that merchants pay ridiculous prices for them in hopes of making ridiculous profits as well. What does this do? It continuously drives the prices up.

If arcane weapons were in the 20M range, I'm sure most people wouldn't complain as it's quite difficult to amass 20M and doesn't hurt nearly as much when they get outdated.

Wutzgood
09-29-2013, 08:30 PM
This is the Perfect reason why I only invest in the best legendary gear. Works great and doesn't cost millions for one set or weapon. Instead of having one mythic armor set with the millions ive made, I have around 40 legendary armor sets including a bunch of discontinued ones like blue founders. I was close to buying the mythic gun but I ended up with the architect staff.

I am a big collector so eventually when mythic armor/weapons are old and cheap ill add them to the collection. But paying millions for something that will be outdated eventually isn't for me. If you pay alot for an exclusive piece of equip its to enjoy for the season its dropped. Can't really expect the to keep boosting old stuff cause it was expensive. I'm rather shocked they actually boosted the arcane hooks at all.