PDA

View Full Version : Solution to fixing these OP rings (Pirate, Inferno, Crystal)

Energizeric
09-29-2013, 09:38 AM
You cannot nerf these items as some folks have spent quite a bit of gold to buy them and they would rage if the stats were changed (I would too if I had purchased one). However, at the rate these rings are dropping they will be worth very little soon enough. And with their drastic drop in value, they will pull down the value of all other good legendary/mythic rings.

So here is my proposed solution:

1) Convert these rings into legendary/pink items to replace Locked Crates as the legendary item in the drop table from these 4 "elusive" bosses.

2) Add Golden Chests (non-elite) to the drop table as the epic item. Remember that unlike Bael & Krunch, these are NOT elite bosses, and so the chests they drop should be non-elite.

3) Which kind of Golden Chest each boss drops can depend on which campaign he appears in. For example, First Mate appears in Kraken, so he can drop Golden Pirate Chests. Since Skratch appears in various tombs and not in one single campaign, maybe he should drop Golden Puzzle Boxes.

4) This would encourage the wearing of leprechaun pendants and the purchasing of luck elixirs. One re-roll would turn your golden chest into one of these prized rings.

5) Since fewer rings will be dropping, they will retain their value better.

6) This is a very similar drop table to the Krunch/Bael drop tables except the chests will be non-elite.

STG should implement this fix ASAP before the economy for rings is ruined.

inkredible
09-29-2013, 10:06 AM
lol cant nerf? lol remember what happen the last three season when they nerfed stuff? a lot of people lost millz

most specifically the change they have where dex now affects warrior etc, - totally changed everything

people losing millions from, it will not stop sts .. and tbh i think that 7.8dmg is a mistake :/ max dmg rings / amulet i seen like 3.0-4.0

Jetzzz
09-29-2013, 10:25 AM
STS staff probably still on vacation atm, cause they do nothing to immediately fix the problem. Based on this veryyyy late response, they probably intentionally to make this ring have 7.8 damage and only epic rarity

falmear
09-29-2013, 10:42 AM
I can't disagree more. Either keep the drop rate as it is now or nerf these rings. People who are saying to reduce the drop rate or whatever are saying this because they are trying to exploit a bug. They should fix this bug and no one should be able to take advantage of it. STS doesn't set the prices for any item and they can't be held responsible because people paid millions for an epic ring.

anibiag
09-29-2013, 11:17 AM
They should be epic as if you attacking Skratch or Crystal Boss, chance to get locked is the only reason killing them, since their rings are bad.
If you don't want to reroll, don't kill them with reroll, lol.

Maxcd
09-29-2013, 11:57 AM
They should be epic as if you attacking Skratch or Crystal Boss, chance to get locked is the only reason killing them, since their rings are bad.
If you don't want to reroll, don't kill them with reroll, lol.
Um, what?
Pirate and Inferno give a higher damage boost than mythic rings if I'm correct.

Jexetta
09-29-2013, 12:06 PM
I bought a lil mini version of the ring just to play around, and it is a fun ring but people might want to consider that other things might be in the works as well. Just because a new ring is out there (and I know the +dmg is crazy) people should maybe consider the fact that the current shuyal ring is now 1 season old. It's very possible that new rings and amulets are coming out shortly which will be far superior to these new rings. Speculation is speculation of course - who knows what will happen.

One thing you can be certain of however - they just had a plat sale and trying to get you to spend that plat is now very likely. Whether that's in the form of popping crates or not for new items is up to you to speculate on.

Chaim Nail
09-29-2013, 12:18 PM
STS should not nerf them but discontinue them completely, that way they can't be farmed anymore to ruin the value of other rings but if you have one you're lucky as its value just increased due to being rare.

JaytB
09-29-2013, 12:28 PM
I honestly think those stats are just a mistake on STS's part.

First there is the extreme amount of damage they add. It's simply totally out of place. There has never been such a huge increase in damage on any ring. At best there is 5-6 base damage added for the next best generation of rings, compared to the previous best ones. When a ring increases your base damage by 15+ at end level, again compared to the previous best ones, you got to start thinking that this was not how it was intended to be.

Second, rings don't usually scale damage like that and if they do they stop scaling after a maximum amount of damage. My guess is that there's a problem with the scaling of those rings or the base damage before scaling.

Third, if all of the above wouldn't be enough to start thinking this might be a mistake, those rings are purple.

My guess is that these rings have stats that weren't intended, and if so the stats will be lowered. Honestly, anyone who bought these rings at extreme prices should know that something isn't right and shouldn't complain when a glitch is corrected.

mcdaleste
09-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Guys in future the game will expand new mytc ring, mytc new amulet ring, 7.8 dmg is lower if they create a new mytc ring.Dont care about buy only drop your ring and wait!I think STS is only starting with this itens the game will have new itens mytc! think about the future of the game 4.0 dmg is so lower for the future!xD

Energizeric
09-29-2013, 03:43 PM
Did you consider that the damage amount could be intentional?

Recently there was a post in the suggestions forum (I forgot who wrote it) that suggested adding items into the game that were not uniform, but instead had very irregular stats. Like high damage or high armor, but other stats really bad. The suggestion was to basically to push players to make tough decisions instead of everyone knowing that a certain ring is the best ring in all ways.

I agreed with the post as I thought it would add diversity to player builds, much in the same way we have diversity in skill builds. In the first 3 seasons, end game elite players all wore different gear. There was constant debate over which ring, amulet, armor/helm, or weapon was the "best". Staff or gun? Bow or dagger?

Since last season, 95% of elite end game players now just wear full mythic and all look the same. I think the suggestion was to try to break that cycle. The first step STG took was to introduce a second set of mythic weapons. So now some sorcerers (like myself) still use the gun and prefer the range and lack of aiming needed, while others are willing to sacrifice the range and auto-aim ability for the slightly better stats of the staff.

I think adding rings like this will add more of this element to the game. Now some players are going to want the higher damage, so they will use a pirate ring, while others want the survivability and will use the mythic ring, and others still will want something in the middle and will use an archon or troll ring. The point is we now have choices.

All that said, this ring should be legendary and NOT epic. This is the only case I have ever seen in the entire game where luck elixirs would actually be discouraged from using. I can't imagine that is intentional. Change the drop schedule to look like Bael & Krunch. Give everyone a gold chest automatically, and if you earn a re-roll (or if you are lucky to earn a legendary item without a re-roll) then you get the good ring.

xXz21
09-29-2013, 04:01 PM
I can't disagree more. Either keep the drop rate as it is now or nerf these rings. People who are saying to reduce the drop rate or whatever are saying this because they are trying to exploit a bug. They should fix this bug and no one should be able to take advantage of it. STS doesn't set the prices for any item and they can't be held responsible because people paid millions for an epic ring.

THIS is not a BUG.. a bug can be a ring show give 3.0 damage and when u equip it u got 40+ damage this is a bug and its a client bug..

this rings are not a bug.

Taejo
09-29-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm being told you don't have to kill a single mob to find these guys in a map. If that's true, then this is another issue to add to your list of fixes.

falmear
09-29-2013, 04:09 PM
If its intentional then nothing should be changed. Everyone should have the same chance to loot one of these rings as everyone before them. If its not intentional, then all rings in the game should be corrected regardless of what anyone paid for these rings. And I am speaking as someone who has one of these rings. So if they get nerfed I lose out too. However these epics rings make the legendary rings look like greens. All of the troll rings and archon rings are now worthless. Why would you pay for +3 damage when you could pay to get +15 damage. And because of the availability, these new rings are cheaper then what the troll or archon rings were selling for. So when you add this all up, I can't see this being intentional.

So keep everything as it is now or nerf everything. This is the only two fair options in my opinion.

Taejo
09-29-2013, 04:14 PM
If its intentional then nothing should be changed. Everyone should have the same chance to loot one of these rings as everyone before them. If its not intentional, then all rings in the game should be corrected regardless of what anyone paid for these rings. And I am speaking as someone who has one of these rings. So if they get nerfed I lose out too. However these epics rings make the legendary rings look like greens. All of the troll rings and archon rings are now worthless. Why would you pay for +3 damage when you could pay to get +15 damage. And because of the availability, these new rings are cheaper then what the troll or archon rings were selling for. So when you add this all up, I can't see this being intentional.

So keep everything as it is now or nerf everything. This is the only two fair options in my opinion.

Can we get one of your famous "nerf bat" memes posted? Those always seem to have the most influence on complex issues such as this ;)

xXz21
09-29-2013, 04:24 PM

sts put this rings on theys base date with 15+ damage and put it on client too with 15+ damage this can't be a bug or error.. 2 times put the same error on table? i don't think so..

falmear
09-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Can we get one of your famous "nerf bat" memes posted? Those always seem to have the most influence on complex issues such as this ;)

mcdaleste
09-29-2013, 04:46 PM
This new itens are destroying the mytc ring we need a new mytc ring! but the price of mytc ring lv 31 is gonna down more!only high the rather of pirate rings and create a new legendary and new mytc or change epic for legendary!

Energizeric
09-29-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm being told you don't have to kill a single mob to find these guys in a map. If that's true, then this is another issue to add to your list of fixes.

If that's not enough, there are a couple spots (I won't say which maps) where they spawn right at the beginning of the map before you would even have to kill any mobs. You just have to walk a few paces and look and there they are.

Limitational
09-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Imo leave as it is. Choosing this ring over the armour/hp/mana rings is a trade off. I dont have the epic ring or the mythic ring but imo I'd still take the mythic ring for the health/mana. I'm glad they did this tbh. And tbh I'm fine with them staying epic . If they change them to legendary what's gonna happen ? The people who have like ten saved
up waiting for this will put them in for even more money. Day one they were 2m+ now ? Lol I seen them for under 300k. By this week so many will pop up they will be commons like the damage/armour pink rings from lockeds (I think ?)
It's good for diversity. This means if you want high damage for a certain area you can at the cost of armour or health. Or even mana

Zeus
09-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Please let them remain in the game, that way I can one shot people who think that damage is the most important stat & continue to kill people who think this ring is obscenely OP.

As for the mythic ring falling in price argument...it's already at 2M. What's the threshold? 1M? I'm positive a new mythic ring is going to be released anyways following some sort of competition.

For now, it's a GOOD THING. Why? All the merchants are spending their hard earned money on things that common players have randomly farmed. I'm sure people know of the trickle down concept, but due to these rings...a lot of money is trickling down. Honestly, has anyone seen how quickly other items are being sold as more and more players are starting to double their banks by selling these rings to merchants?

After much thought, I can honestly say...let it be (even if I lose a few mil on my mythic and archon rings).

Derezzzed
09-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Just saying DMG isn't the only stat in this game you know >_>

Go ahead and get your extra 7.3 dmg for wearing a pirate ring, I'll gladly keep my extra crit, dex, str, int & +300hp

inkredible
09-29-2013, 06:53 PM

Best ^

Zeus
09-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Just saying DMG isn't the only stat in this game you know >_>

Go ahead and get your extra 7.3 dmg for wearing a pirate ring, I'll gladly keep my extra crit, dex, str, int & +300hp

At 300% bonus damage, that's a little over 21 damage. However, I would encourage them to wear it so I can one shot them more.

Psykopathic28
09-29-2013, 07:01 PM
STS should not nerf them but discontinue them completely, that way they can't be farmed anymore to ruin the value of other rings but if you have one you're lucky as its value just increased due to being rare.

This dude obviously has a few rings. Tough luck ur not making $$$ on em.

Derezzzed
09-29-2013, 07:21 PM
At 300% bonus damage, that's a little over 21 damage. However, I would encourage them to wear it so I can one shot them more.

Still though 21 dmg vs the extra stats plus the 300hp

I can agree with you keep them the way they are and let all the "omg it has more DMG it must be better" noobs keep there pirate rings while I one shot them xD

Zeus
09-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Still though 21 dmg vs the extra stats plus the 300hp

I can agree with you keep them the way they are and let all the "omg it has more DMG it must be better" noobs keep there pirate rings while I one shot them xD

Not to mention that the money is actually flowing downward now: from rich to poor versus poor to rich (who we all know don't actually contribute to the economy unless in situations like this). That, IMO, is worth the trade off alone.

Derezzzed
09-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Not to mention that the money is actually flowing downward now: from rich to poor versus poor to rich (who we all know don't actually contribute to the economy unless in situations like this). That, IMO, is worth the trade off alone.

Again I agree, a lot of items are getting "passed around" so to speak and it's allowing some "middle ground" players to actually get some higher lvl equips & tbh the only people I see complaining about this new pirate rings are players who already had bought mythics awhile ago when they cost a lot, conflict of interest much? Lol

Wutzgood
09-29-2013, 08:34 PM
Again I agree, a lot of items are getting "passed around" so to speak and it's allowing some "middle ground" players to actually get some higher lvl equips & tbh the only people I see complaining about this new pirate rings are players who already had bought mythics awhile ago when they cost a lot, conflict of interest much? Lol

So true. So true.

Energizeric
09-29-2013, 08:34 PM

This is a very temporary thing. What will happen in a few more days is that the rings will be worth 5k each, and with the huge price drop all rings will now be worth 100k or less, perhaps with the exception of mythic which maybe will be worth 500k.

It will do to rings what the bonechill bow did to rogue weapons last season. You were left in a situation where no rogue weapon was worth more than 5k except mythic and arcane.

For the health of the economy, you cannot have common items with OP stats. It not only drags down the prices of all items in that category, but the price becomes so low that nobody is even interested in farming for these items anymore. In another week nobody will even be interested in farming for these rings as the price will be too low to make it worthwhile.

If STG wants to keep these elusive bosses a permanent part of the game, I suggest they see to it that the loot they drop retains its value.

Butterysesh
09-29-2013, 09:53 PM
So you want to nerf these 4 bosses like u did bael? Spawn rates are low enough bro and ap would be impossible if you had to kill elite mobs for a rare spawn rate. Ive been looking for demon boss and ice boss 2 days for ap and no spawn.

Derezzzed
09-29-2013, 09:54 PM
This is a very temporary thing. What will happen in a few more days is that the rings will be worth 5k each, and with the huge price drop all rings will now be worth 100k or less, perhaps with the exception of mythic which maybe will be worth 500k.

It will do to rings what the bonechill bow did to rogue weapons last season. You were left in a situation where no rogue weapon was worth more than 5k except mythic and arcane.

For the health of the economy, you cannot have common items with OP stats. It not only drags down the prices of all items in that category, but the price becomes so low that nobody is even interested in farming for these items anymore. In another week nobody will even be interested in farming for these rings as the price will be too low to make it worthwhile.

If STG wants to keep these elusive bosses a permanent part of the game, I suggest they see to it that the loot they drop retains its value.

I agree with what you're saying but its not directly the rings themselfs that are causing it because the rings aren't OP at all, it's people who think "DMG is the best idc what other stats I lose all I want is DMG" then people list the price of these rings so high which cause these "dmg only" people to only buy these rings instead of the mythics which give amazing stats it's not really the rings fault, the rings don't need to be fixed, it's the player base or more specifically the mentality of the player base that needs to be fixed because anyone that thinks the Pirate Rings are better than the mythic ring has something seriously wrong with them

Zeus
09-29-2013, 10:00 PM

Your suggestions won't help the situation either. All it will do is slow down the process as to when they will hit 5k, which they still will.

Changing it to a legendary item will only slow down the effect, but it'll still happen. What should be done is make the ring legendary & expand the green, purple, and legendary loot table.

Secondly, nerfing is an option. STG isn't responsible for the prices players set & they should RARELY make decisions based on how it'll affect players' wealth. If people don't buy them for those crazy prices, nothing would've happened. Again, the only fault for those prices is the elite who paid for them.

As of right now, money is flowing down to the poorer players, which it should be doing because that way the money is at the hands of the consumers..ready to make its way to the top 10% again.

And as for the case of the ring being OP...it isn't. Do you see how much one has to sacrifice for that damage? It's really not OP. That much loss of health is huge - especially in areas like Elite Shuyal.

If your problem is devaluing of current items...well, it's a ring. I'm sure the new mythc ring will be released soon & this will all be in the past. The most powerful archon rings are still better than it, correct me if I'm wrong. Damage is not the only important stat of a class.

Kuragasi
09-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Here is some food for thought. I'm currently using a lvl 29 Pirate Loop ( 8 dex, 31 int, 2.18% crit, 6.8 dmg) and I have little incentive to get a Blood Shuyal (30 all stats, 3.8 dmg) with these two stats, and keep in mind they are 2 lvls apart opposed to the lvl 36 Pirate loops.

The grand total of benefit the MYTHIC ring offers me is +407 health and 1.10 % dodge, while this can be helpful in some instances overall this isn't very favoring. Especially when you consider that it hits me for -1.41% crit, -7.3 dmg and -8.8 dps.

I'm not sure but I don't think these stats where intended and if they were maybe we have some really outstanding gear to look forward to.

Haligali
09-30-2013, 01:22 AM
Guys, just try to think logically. All the other rings which comes from the another 3 boss are crap, except this pirate one. Im pretty sure they arent meant to be farmed so im sorry to say but nerf will come, they wont make it legendary and wont lower the spawn rate.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-ről Tapatalk 4 használatával

xcainnblecterx
09-30-2013, 02:10 AM
The whole games kinda slowing down and becoming a bore. No one wants to do elite unless your fully equipped or it'll take to long, so most farm these mini bosses to get something good. Now you have to search hours to find one and hope for a good item or be let down by getting a usual cheap purple item. Thats fixed with the rings (temporarily). The only way o see a way to make money is by farming hours for one these mini elites (or mini semi decent drop boss) or merching and merching isnt for everyone. Or you can run elites if you have at least elite pink(which means you have to merch em or get luck from a boss mentioned above because otherwise you're goin die quick and no one will want to run with you) with a luck elixer and pray for a elite pink drop. I just recently asked if anyone has got a elite pink without any form of luck and only fluff responded, im which he capped doing elites and only got one. So personally im glad these rings are here and in a.way im not because to try get one you still have.to farm hours unless you get lucky and glad because it means mythics will start dropping to a achievable price. Its been said so much that there's two types of players in al, the rich and the poor but no middle class. Everyone is.worried about item a loosing value because of item b when in reality if everything was cheaper everyone would still make money some way from merching. Just because item a wont sell for 3mil + and you can resell for 3.3mil because item b is dropping the price doesnt mean you cant buy for 2milnd sell for 2.3. I dont see why people cant.adjust.to the.economy and thats probably why ill be playing pl more because there is no middle ground here and no simple way for a.casual guy to make money unless he's a expert merchant

Energizeric
09-30-2013, 02:17 AM
So you want to nerf these 4 bosses like u did bael? Spawn rates are low enough bro and ap would be impossible if you had to kill elite mobs for a rare spawn rate. Ive been looking for demon boss and ice boss 2 days for ap and no spawn.

Nope, don't nerf how often they spawn, read my first post. I'm suggesting they nerf the drop rates of the rings. There are currently over 200 of these rings for sale in the auction. They are going to be worth 500 gold each soon, and then all the rest of the legendary rings that come from bael and elite shuyal are going to be worth maybe 5k each.

How many people are going to spend their day searching for these bosses if the loot is worth 500 gold?

Energizeric
09-30-2013, 02:24 AM
The whole games kinda slowing down and becoming a bore. No one wants to do elite unless your fully equipped or it'll take to long, so most farm these mini bosses to get something good. Now you have to search hours to find one and hope for a good item or be let down by getting a usual cheap purple item. Thats fixed with the rings (temporarily). The only way o see a way to make money is by farming hours for one these mini elites (or mini semi decent drop boss) or merching and merching isnt for everyone. Or you can run elites if you have at least elite pink(which means you have to merch em or get luck from a boss mentioned above because otherwise you're goin die quick and no one will want to run with you) with a luck elixer and pray for a elite pink drop. I just recently asked if anyone has got a elite pink without any form of luck and only fluff responded, im which he capped doing elites and only got one. So personally im glad these rings are here and in a.way im not because to try get one you still have.to farm hours unless you get lucky and glad because it means mythics will start dropping to a achievable price. Its been said so much that there's two types of players in al, the rich and the poor but no middle class. Everyone is.worried about item a loosing value because of item b when in reality if everything was cheaper everyone would still make money some way from merching. Just because item a wont sell for 3mil + and you can resell for 3.3mil because item b is dropping the price doesnt mean you cant buy for 2milnd sell for 2.3. I dont see why people cant.adjust.to the.economy and thats probably why ill be playing pl more because there is no middle ground here and no simple way for a.casual guy to make money unless he's a expert merchant

These pirate rings will be worth 500 gold each in a week. Then how much time are you going to spend searching for these bosses?

Any change they make to the game should be sustainable for at least a month or two. If it is not then it's poor planning on their part. Adding a boss to the game who everyone is excited about is great, assuming they will still be excited a few weeks from now. Otherwise the boss should just be a temporary one that is set to expire after a week or two, i.e. forgotten dungeon in PL.

And BTW, yes mythic rings are still way better than these pirate rings. The reason some of you can't do elites is that you die, meaning you need more health. But apparently much of the player base is obsessed with damage, so these high damage rings are going to affect the prices of all other rings.

Daddyblu
09-30-2013, 02:27 AM
Its simple they need to boost the mythic rings! add quest line for mythic rings and amulet to be upgraded.

Robhawk
09-30-2013, 02:34 AM
The "best" thing in all this discussion is: STS does NOTHING! There is NO statement... just nothing...

So i guess they dont care? lol...

I think its a bad joke, that an bugged epic ring just kills your gold regarding the myth ring - so make the myth upgradable!

Jetzzz
09-30-2013, 03:08 AM
Nope, don't nerf how often they spawn, read my first post. I'm suggesting they nerf the drop rates of the rings. There are currently over 200 of these rings for sale in the auction. They are going to be worth 500 gold each soon, and then all the rest of the legendary rings that come from bael and elite shuyal are going to be worth maybe 5k each.

How many people are going to spend their day searching for these bosses if the loot is worth 500 gold?
It wont reach below 100k for lv 36 pirate even with the current drop rate, because people will simply change their farming spot if the price are too low

Taejo
09-30-2013, 03:20 AM
The "best" thing in all this discussion is: STS does NOTHING! There is NO statement... just nothing...

I think its a bad joke, that an bugged epic ring just kills your gold regarding the myth ring - so make the myth upgradable!

They usually don't reply to threads over the weekend. The one exception I saw was the Captain Krom glitch, which was pretty significant.

Joncheese
09-30-2013, 03:29 AM
The fact of the matter is that everyone is assuming that these rings are the best based on dmg, as has been pointed out many times throughout this post. They are not the best rings by a long shot. Mythic Rings provide a huge much needed health boost which (as also pointed out earlier in the post) comes in extremely handy when in Shuyal. I own one of these rings, i have tried and tested it alot over the past 24 hours, and i die alot more especially being one shot by bosses in Arena.

If these rings are meant to be in the game, then fine, just dont come up against anyone with a mythic in PVP as u may well lose, as i'm pretty sure those that are fully geared with a mythic will still prevail. If they're not meant to be in the game, hurry up and nerf it already.

As for the spawns, aren't these bosses aimed at low end gamers too? Not everyone can be bothered to take the game as seriously as all of us, and STS have to make it appealing to everyone. Maybe the way to solve the problem would be to introduce random spawns in Elite also, but with loot that is worth farming with decent loot tables, maybe a Legendary Ring with different bonus etc (as im pretty sure the new Mythic Rings and Amulets are imminent. They can exploit this as much as they like and this way the Epic Pirate rings will fizzle out as expected. I dont think this AP should be changed though, just tweaked a bit.

Energizeric
09-30-2013, 04:03 AM
It wont reach below 100k for lv 36 pirate even with the current drop rate, because people will simply change their farming spot if the price are too low

I hope you are right, but I suspect you may be wrong. People still run Jarl over and over to farm for crates. Crates also drop in these other maps, so you can farm for crates while farming for these elusive bosses at the same time.

parnasofication
09-30-2013, 07:12 AM
You guys keep going on about how these rings only give damage and sacrifice health. Please remember WARRIORS don't need much aside from strength. So the strength versions of these rings ARE the best rings ATM for warriors. For sorcs and rogues yeah they're not that good.

Crowsfoot
09-30-2013, 07:21 AM
I looted mine (lvl36 fatality, str version) trying to finish that stupid AP. Nerf away! I don't care if I have to switch to a night ripple, and to be honest its a little rediculous for me to have a damage stat upwards of 369.3 just saying.

Energizeric
09-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Meanwhile, here's an update on the price of these rings.... Yesterday I looted a level 35 STR pirate ring. I took a look in the auction, and there were about a dozen listed there, all 1.1m and higher. So I wanted a quick sale and listed mine for 700k, and then went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, I took a look and it did NOT sell, but now there were about 8 more listed between 500k and 700k. So again wanting a quick sale, I listed mine for 230k (less than half of what the current price was). So I come back later and now there are 5 more listed lower than mine all the way down to 190k.

Yes, everyone is running after these things, but nobody is buying them and the price is in freefall. The real value is probably around 5-10k at best.

The first time I found First Mate yesterday I was dumb and forgot to remove my leprechaun pendant and I re-rolled to a locked crate instead of getting a pirate ring. I was so upset!! Now looking back I'm glad it happened. Because I sold the locked crate for 14k in about 10 minutes. So far I have now spent almost 50k in auction listing fees and I'm guessing I won't even break even on this ring. I'm almost at the point where I may just liquidate it to avoid any further frustration.

Zeus
09-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Meanwhile, here's an update on the price of these rings.... Yesterday I looted a level 35 STR pirate ring. I took a look in the auction, and there were about a dozen listed there, all 1.1m and higher. So I wanted a quick sale and listed mine for 700k, and then went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, I took a look and it did NOT sell, but now there were about 8 more listed between 500k and 700k. So again wanting a quick sale, I listed mine for 230k (less than half of what the current price was). So I come back later and now there are 5 more listed lower than mine all the way down to 190k.

Yes, everyone is running after these things, but nobody is buying them and the price is in freefall. The real value is probably around 5-10k at best.

The first time I found First Mate yesterday I was dumb and forgot to remove my leprechaun pendant and I re-rolled to a locked crate instead of getting a pirate ring. I was so upset!! Now looking back I'm glad it happened. Because I sold the locked crate for 14k in about 10 minutes. So far I have now spent almost 50k in auction listing fees and I'm guessing I won't even break even on this ring. I'm almost at the point where I may just liquidate it to avoid any further frustration.

Sold my l35 dex version for 1.5m.

Just because you couldn't sell it doesn't mean that nobody else could.

Wutzgood
09-30-2013, 08:36 AM
If you are gonna just liquidate it ill give you 10 gold for it.

wvhills
09-30-2013, 09:30 AM
I honestly think those stats are just a mistake on STS's part.

First there is the extreme amount of damage they add. It's simply totally out of place. There has never been such a huge increase in damage on any ring. At best there is 5-6 base damage added for the next best generation of rings, compared to the previous best ones. When a ring increases your base damage by 15+ at end level, again compared to the previous best ones, you got to start thinking that this was not how it was intended to be.

Second, rings don't usually scale damage like that and if they do they stop scaling after a maximum amount of damage. My guess is that there's a problem with the scaling of those rings or the base damage before scaling.

Third, if all of the above wouldn't be enough to start thinking this might be a mistake, those rings are purple.

My guess is that these rings have stats that weren't intended, and if so the stats will be lowered. Honestly, anyone who bought these rings at extreme prices should know that something isn't right and shouldn't complain when a glitch is corrected.

Wouldn't sts have to be somewhat incompetent not to notice this? I mean, the stats aren't hidden. They are right there for everyone to see. If they just rushed and pushed everything out then I can understand it but i'm sure they took their time and double checked everything before it was released. Something as obvious as this couldn't have slipped passed their QA people.

The bosses are meant to be rare (i.e. elusive). Right now there are tons of people hunting them for achievements. That's why we are seeing a large number in auction. After everyone gets their achievements the farming will drop down quite a bit and we won't see as many on the market so everyone's precious mythic rings will be safe.

keikali
09-30-2013, 09:40 AM

I sort of lucked out on the level 35 and 36 versions.

I got a Level 21 Inferno ring which was a great TWINK level item which I sold for a nice whopping 23K!

The Skeleton one at level 18 wouldn't even sell, rofl.

JaytB
09-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Wouldn't sts have to be somewhat incompetent not to notice this? I mean, the stats aren't hidden. They are right there for everyone to see. If they just rushed and pushed everything out then I can understand it but i'm sure they took their time and double checked everything before it was released. Something as obvious as this couldn't have slipped passed their QA people.

The bosses are meant to be rare (i.e. elusive). Right now there are tons of people hunting them for achievements. That's why we are seeing a large number in auction. After everyone gets their achievements the farming will drop down quite a bit and we won't see as many on the market so everyone's precious mythic rings will be safe.

I wouldn't go as far as to call STS incompetent but errors have slipped through their Q&A team in the past and were corrected.

Just some examples that pop in my head... ALP's were bugged for a long time until STS discovered it and nerfed them. People who invested in those, lost heavily. How about that warrior weapon that was bugged and made you crit all the time? People invested heavily in those and they got nerfed too. I'm sure there were other weapon/stats bugs in the past.

Some other examples include rogue crit actually stacking 5x instead of 3x or rare elite bosses spawning every time when you ran a dungeon.

Most of the bugs I mentioned seem obvious for the people who actually play the game, yet Q&A somehow missed those.

So yeah, when looking at the past, is it really that impossible that these rings aren't supposed to add stats like they currently do? Especially when taking my previous post into account it seems hard to believe, for me at least, that those stats were meant to be.

Anyway, if the stats are meant to be, I'll happily accept that. I, for one, wouldn't complain when better stuff gets released. You can't expect your top gear from previous caps to last forever and I would be more than happy to make my toon even stronger with new rings. That said, it just feels off to me and totally out of line.

I guess we'll know soon enough :)

wvhills
09-30-2013, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't go as far as to call STS incompetent but errors have slipped through their Q&A team in the past and were corrected.

Just some examples that pop in my head... ALP's were bugged for a long time until STS discovered it and nerfed them. People who invested in those, lost heavily. How about that warrior weapon that was bugged and made you crit all the time? People invested heavily in those and they got nerfed too. I'm sure there were other weapon/stats bugs in the past.

Some other examples include rogue crit actually stacking 5x instead of 3x or rare elite bosses spawning every time when you ran a dungeon.

Most of the bugs I mentioned seem obvious for the people who actually play the game, yet Q&A somehow missed those.

So yeah, when looking at the past, is it really that impossible that these rings aren't supposed to add stats like they currently do? Especially when taking my previous post into account it seems hard to believe, for me at least, that those stats were meant to be.

Anyway, if the stats are meant to be, I'll happily accept that. I, for one, wouldn't complain when better stuff gets released. You can't expect your top gear from previous caps to last forever and I would be more than happy to make my toon even stronger with new rings. That said, it just feels off to me and totally out of line.

I guess we'll know soon enough :)

i can name a few more instances. I wonder if they're hiring some high priced QA guys? I'd be interested. :)

FluffNStuff
09-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Picked a level 35 up for 250K, so I guess they do sell. Anyway, nothing wrong with the stats, and the progression makes sense. I checked it versus my Troll Necro Ring of Savvy (no base damage) and it adds 22.8 damage. You could put 7.5 damage on the mythic ring and it would only give 15 damage, since I checked and it only give 7 from it's 3.5. The reason is the REAL damage is coming from a combination of YOUR Bonus on the ring damage PLUS the RINGS DEX BONUS on YOUR CURRENT DAMAGE. Same thing happens all the time on behind the scenes on weapons and other items. There is really nothing special about this item, it is just showing people how the sausage is made and LOOKS OP.

Anyway, since the ring gives damage and really nothing else, it will make you kill weak things faster, so the ring IS good for one thing, farming more rings ;)

Carapace
09-30-2013, 10:47 AM
As most of you have surmised this is indeed a bug. The damage will be coming down on these rings to make them fit appropriately where under the mythic and legendary damage rings.

JaytB
09-30-2013, 10:54 AM
As most of you have surmised this is indeed a bug. The damage will be coming down on these rings to make them fit appropriately where under the mythic and legendary damage rings.

No surprises here but thanks for clearing that up!

keikali
09-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Swede has also responded in the other thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?118093-Pirate-Rings&p=1284291&viewfull=1#post1284291

wvhills
09-30-2013, 11:10 AM

u guys should double check urself when adding items in game. I'm only out 500k but there are people who spent a lot more on these. Here were I work we have people who do design drawings before we fabricate our product. Before the product is made separate people come behind them and check their work. It would save ur customers from getting upset/frustrated/losing gold. It's pretty plain to see what the stats on these rings were. It shouldn't be that hard to implement something.

Jetzzz
09-30-2013, 11:33 AM

Why not sharing this information since the beginning ?
Why not making quick maintenance after u know it ?
Eventhough i'm not buying this ring, but lots of people will feel cheated by this

najcomp
09-30-2013, 11:42 AM

I feel pity to anyone that pay 4 million for that ring..(moment of silence)

Derezzzed
09-30-2013, 11:43 AM

My Crystal ball tells me you guys will be seeing a lot of rage threads in the near future :p

JaytB
09-30-2013, 12:02 PM
My Crystal ball tells me you guys will be seeing a lot of rage threads in the near future :p

Nothing new then.

Derezzzed
09-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Nothing new then.

XD true but I can't what till the

"OMG why you nerf pirate rings nothing was wrong, I paid sooooo much money for these blah blah blah" threads

Taejo
09-30-2013, 12:39 PM
XD true but I can't what till the

"OMG why you nerf pirate rings nothing was wrong, I paid sooooo much money for these blah blah blah" threads

This seemed appropriate to bring back:

Bless
09-30-2013, 12:49 PM
That doesnt fix how OP they are...

Derezzzed
09-30-2013, 01:03 PM
This seemed appropriate to bring back:

XD quite appropriate

~I'm sure that pic will be posted more than a few times in these rage threads xP

Morholt
09-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Booo, I bought one Friday night for a decent sum. Decided to gamble on it. Thought sts would've acted quickly like when Bael II spawns were messed up. Held onto it because I figured everyone whines about everything, so I gambled that sts would've caved to you whiners like they often do.

Oh well. Was fun to play a little, switching between a damage loadout & safety one.

Would be neat if they kept this weekends' dropped ones as is and have new ones drop with the proper stats. Some mmos do things like that.

If these had been legendary pinks, they'd fall right in line lvl 36 pink vs a previous lvl cap mythic item; both being good in their own ways.

falmear
09-30-2013, 01:46 PM
File this under I told you so.

Energizeric
09-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Booo, I bought one Friday night for a decent sum. Decided to gamble on it. Thought sts would've acted quickly like when Bael II spawns were messed up. Held onto it because I figured everyone whines about everything, so I gambled that sts would've caved to you whiners like they often do.

Oh well. Was fun to play a little, switching between a damage loadout & safety one.

Would be neat if they kept this weekends' dropped ones as is and have new ones drop with the proper stats. Some mmos do things like that.

If these had been legendary pinks, they'd fall right in line lvl 36 pink vs a previous lvl cap mythic item; both being good in their own ways.

I actually agree. I think what they should do is keep the ones that already dropped with the same stats and instead convert those to legendary items. Then start dropping the new corrected ones from this point forward.

Then nobody would complain, and the OP ones will become rare discontinued items that won't drive down prices of mythic and other legendary rings.

Energizeric
09-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Sold my l35 dex version for 1.5m.

Just because you couldn't sell it doesn't mean that nobody else could.

I think what happened is very early on people had no idea how rare these bosses were, and when they saw how OP the damage on this ring was, they were willing to pay super high prices. But then once it became clear these rings were dropping like rain and prices were falling, people just stopped buying and figured they would wait. I didn't get my ring until Saturday night and I think by then you just had to be lucky to sell one. It didn't matter how low you listed it for, within an hour there were 5 more players who were listing theirs and would just undercut you.

BTW, it's not just the Pirate rings that are OP, the inferno rings are as well but just for lower levels.

ElfDreamer
09-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Time to epic item shineee...!! XD

JaytB
09-30-2013, 02:16 PM
I actually agree. I think what they should do is keep the ones that already dropped with the same stats and instead convert those to legendary items. Then start dropping the new corrected ones from this point forward.

Then nobody would complain, and the OP ones will become rare discontinued items that won't drive down prices of mythic and other legendary rings.

So basically allow people to keep an obviously bugged item?

I can understand everyone with one or more of those rings would want this to happen but that wouldn't fall in line with past bug fixes. In the past when similar fixes took place, all items were corrected including the existing ones. The way it should be IMO.

Keeping bugged items in game doesn't sound right to me at all. If stats are allowed that weren't intended, it would unbalance the entire game for the affected levels. People with those rings would have an obvious advantage in timed runs, and lower level versions of those rings could unbalance twinking, again only in favor of those in possession of the bugged rings.

So yeah, personally, I believe all stats should be lowered without exception. I mean seriously, everyone knew something was wrong and decided to just take a gamble.
As I said in one of my first posts in this thread, people shouldn't complain when a glitch is fixed.

I could go even further... If STS wants to be really fair, they should invalidate any timed lb runs where records were broken and that took place during the weekend. I'm not into lb runs but I can imagine a couple of records being shattered by 'abusing' this bug.

Ladydice
09-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Fal ur too funny!!! :witless:

Chaim Nail
09-30-2013, 02:40 PM
The biggest mistake STS make with bugged items is that they keep releasing items on a Friday and staff don't work weekends, giving enough time to screw some things up royally.

They should release new items on a Monday, giving them the chance to fix things within 24 hours not 2+ days.

wvhills
09-30-2013, 02:41 PM
So basically allow people to keep an obviously bugged item?

I can understand everyone with one or more of those rings would want this to happen but that wouldn't fall in line with past bug fixes. In the past when similar fixes took place, all items were corrected including the existing ones. The way it should be IMO.

Keeping bugged items in game doesn't sound right to me at all. If stats are allowed that weren't intended, it would unbalance the entire game for the affected levels. People with those rings would have an obvious advantage in timed runs, and lower level versions of those rings could unbalance twinking, again only in favor of those in possession of the bugged rings.

So yeah, personally, I believe all stats should be lowered without exception. I mean seriously, everyone knew something was wrong and decided to just take a gamble.
As I said in one of my first posts in this thread, people shouldn't complain when a glitch is fixed.

I could go even further... If STS wants to be really fair, they should invalidate any timed lb runs where records were broken and that took place during the weekend. I'm not into lb runs but I can imagine a couple of records being shattered by 'abusing' this bug.

Not to be offensive jay, but i have a question. If this item was so obviously bugged then how could someone, in good conscience, merch the item? If it was obviously bugged then if someone was merching the item wouldn't that mean they were knowingly ripping off another player and make them a scammer?

Derezzzed
09-30-2013, 02:59 PM
The biggest mistake STS make with bugged items is that they keep releasing items on a Friday and staff don't work weekends, giving enough time to screw some things up royally.

They should release new items on a Monday, giving them the chance to fix things within 24 hours not 2+ days.

^this (Y)

Bless
09-30-2013, 03:04 PM

u guys should double check urself when adding items in game. I'm only out 500k but there are people who spent a lot more on these. Here were I work we have people who do design drawings before we fabricate our product. Before the product is made separate people come behind them and check their work. It would save ur customers from getting upset/frustrated/losing gold. It's pretty plain to see what the stats on these rings were. It shouldn't be that hard to implement something. Sure it is STS' fault to an extent but if something is too good to be true, it probably is..Merchants take gambles when selling. One person sells something for 1.5m to another merch, then that merch sells the item for 1.8m to a merch, the merch sells it for 2m to another merch, that dude tries to sell it for 2.5m but fails because customers realise it's being passed from merchant to merchant.

Gold should not be refunded IMO

Vystirch
09-30-2013, 03:17 PM

STS is the most caring Mobil company out there, trust me. You can be sure they are discussing this thread in there offices. And I also can assure you that they will post in this thread eventually, but statements like yours is what causes threads to be shut down and then an answer not delivered to the gaming public.

-Vys

JaytB
09-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Not to be offensive jay, but i have a question. If this item was so obviously bugged then how could someone, in good conscience, merch the item? If it was obviously bugged then if someone was merching the item wouldn't that mean they were knowingly ripping off another player? If they go as far as wipe leaderboards I think they should go as far as deleting the item altogether and reverting everyones gold values to what they were before the new content came out.

Sure, I wouldn't mind that. My post about the leaderboard was just 1 example but obviously things can be taken further than that, as in your example. Let me make it clear that the lb part of my post was not intended to actually make this happen.

If you're talking about the ring you bought from me from cs, I PM'ed you in game as soon as I found out and I clearly told you that they were most likely bugged and about to be fixed. You said you didn't mind a small investment in case those stats were somehow going to be for real in one form or another. You basically said it was a small price to pay for a potential huge payout.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't mean this as a personal attack or anything remotely like that. I'm just comparing your mindset to the many people who knew something was off but decided to take the gamble anyway. You, as did anyone who understands stats even a little, knew something wasn't right. I bought one ring to test it out and then sold it again. Too bad you had to be the buyer but you can't say you weren't warned repeatedly, as were most people who got this ring.

wvhills
09-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Sure it is STS' fault to an extent but if something is too good to be true, it probably is..Merchants take gambles when selling. One person sells something for 1.5m to another merch, then that merch sells the item for 1.8m to a merch, the merch sells it for 2m to another merch, that dude tries to sell it for 2.5m but fails because customers realise it's being passed from merchant to merchant.

Gold should not be refunded IMO

who's to decide what's too good to be true and what isn't? i don't have a mythic ring, I use a level 36 epic. The pirate ring gave me 14 more damage but at a cost of 190 mana. 14 damage is hard to argue against but for a gold strapped player 190 mana would be something to consider as well.

U say it's sts' fault to an extent. It's completely their fault. STS puts up "treat others the way you want to be treated" everytime we log on. In this situation you have players who fall into two categories:
1) the ones who had faith that sts double checked their work and the stats were correct.
2) the ones who knew a mistake had been made and the rings would be nerfed.

players in category 2 farmed or merched these rings and took advantage of players (u may even say scammed since they sold items they knew would be nerfed) in category 1. players in category 2, to compound their greed, them come onto forums and lobby for the items they just sold to be nerfed.

If sts nerfs these rings I say they should take the golden rule slogan out of the game since they are rewarding players who broke that standard. Also, sts would be seen as not living up to it themselves since they punished the players in category 1 for sts' own mistakes.

wvhills
09-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Sure, I wouldn't mind that. My post about the leaderboard was just 1 example but obviously things can be taken further than that, as in your example. Let me make it clear that the lb part of my post was not intended to actually make this happen.

If you're talking about the ring you bought from me from cs, I PM'ed you in game as soon as I found out and I clearly told you that they were most likely bugged and about to be fixed. You said you didn't mind a small investment in case those stats were somehow going to be for real in one form or another. You basically said it was a small price to pay for a potential huge payout.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't mean this as a personal attack or anything remotely like that. I'm just comparing your mindset to the many people who knew something was off but decided to take the gamble anyway. You, as did anyone who understands stats even a little, knew something wasn't right. I bought one ring to test it out and then sold it again. Too bad you had to be the buyer but you can't say you weren't warned repeatedly, as were most people who got this ring.

actually, i pm'd you first and said "thanks :)". Ur comment wasn't a warning it was "no, thank u". U did then say there was a problem and they may be nerfed. Up until that point it never occurred to me there was a problem (I don't check forums on weekends) so I can 100% say I wasn't warned repeatedly. In fact, I was never warned once. I thought the damage gain was offset by the mana loss. My comment about it only being 500k was meant to say that if it wasn't going bankrupt me if it were nerfed. Ur adding ur own reasoning to my comment to make it sound like i knew something was wrong and was willing to take a risk it wouldn't be found out. That's not what I meant at all.

I have no problem at all with the sale. I'm still hopeful sts will do what's right and think of a way to satisfy everyone involved. In fact, this post of yours bothers me more than the sale. I don't appreciate u adding ur own commentary to my in game statements to make it look like I was trying to take advantage of a situation when I wasn't.

Psykopathic28
09-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Well I think the solution is going to be to nerf them.
It's happening in like 2 minutes so I think it's a good guess :p

JaytB
09-30-2013, 03:46 PM
actually, i pm'd you first and said "thanks :)". Ur comment wasn't a warning it was "no, thank u". U did then say there was a problem and they may be nerfed. Up until that point it never occurred to me there was a problem (I don't check forums on weekends) so I can 100% say I wasn't warned repeatedly. In fact, I was never warned once. I thought the damage gain was offset by the mana loss. My comment about it only being 500k was meant to say that if it wasn't going bankrupt me if it were nerfed. Ur adding ur own reasoning to my comment to make it sound like i knew something was wrong and was willing to take a risk it wouldn't be found out. That's not what I meant at all.

I have no problem at all with the sale. I'm still hopeful sts will do what's right and think of a way to satisfy everyone involved. In fact, this post of yours bothers me more than the sale. I don't appreciate u adding ur own commentary to my in game statements to make it look like I was trying to take advantage of a situation when I wasn't.

Your memory of what I said isn't what I remember I told you. Saying you weren't warned is simply false. If you want to discuss about it, feel free to PM me. I said everything I wanted to say.

Energizeric
09-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Guys, I don't think anyone was merching these items unless they were a really dumb merchant. The price was falling like rain, so if you bought now, even for half price, you better have a buyer lined up in 2 minutes because in 10 minutes the price will have dropped already.

People were just selling the rings they looted, not buying up others rings. If someone actually did buy and sell these for a profit, then I commend them for their luck because from my point of view, these items were in price freefall from the time they came out on friday.

Zanpakuto
09-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Ouch to nerf. I know some people who traded their mythic ring for one thinking they got a killer deal. Sucks for them.

mokdaddd
09-30-2013, 05:59 PM
first i was mad too, but its our fault for sure it was bugged cuz its and epic ring and first when we have seen it was a shock 7,5 dmg what ring is that ( arcane) no its an epic so something was wrong from the start so sts decide to fix the bug when the next patch was coming , yes many lost like 2-3m on these rings but was an good experiment

chitgoks
09-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Ouch to nerf. I know some people who traded their mythic ring for one thinking they got a killer deal. Sucks for them.

wow! i should have thought of that! tsk

frejajoan
09-30-2013, 06:30 PM

i agree. just get rid of it and replace it.

oooh... another thought:
Should've just changed it to legendary rather than nerfing stats.

changing stats is never cool.

frejajoan
09-30-2013, 06:33 PM
One more thing to take note of.
A lot of players dont' read the forum.
A lot don't know much. Barely maybe.
It was mostly unfair for those ones.

good thing i didn't buy it!
lol ;p

Taejo
09-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Can we liquidate them for 500k? Just cancel all the CS posts so no one buys them for dirt cheap and exploits this.

50% serious, 50% joking :)

Haligali
10-01-2013, 02:26 AM
Hahaha, i bought yesterday enso lvl36 ring for 550k, sold today for 1.2m.