PDA

View Full Version : Level 50 Weaponry Choices.

MurdocX
11-06-2010, 04:16 AM
I have a quick question.

Atm I have a level 49 full Dex birdie will some half decent gears in my stash. However I was told that the Sunblessed Blow was probably the best way to go for any of the bow choices. But i've been using my level 47 purple Ballista thus far and my damage is insanely high at the price of 1.2 DPS though. I have a pink Ballista of fortune for when I hit level 50 and I compared the damage to both bows and if all I really care about is efficiency and high damage output, does it really make that much of a difference to blow my money of the Sunblessed Bow?

gwippy
11-06-2010, 04:18 AM
sunblessed bow will keep you alive for longer with its proc -50% hit and i think it stacks to

MurdocX
11-06-2010, 04:27 AM
sunblessed bow will keep you alive for longer with its proc -50% hit and i think it stacks to

Ahhhh I didn't know it had a proc, I just asked another member as well and he told me that it had a proc also. So overall the sunblessed bow is the better of the two.

MurdocX
11-06-2010, 02:08 PM

Sorry for double posting, it's just that I realized something and have another question about the sunblessed bow.

So the proc stacks? As in,
1 hit = 50% hit chance
2 hits = 25% hit chance
3 hits = 12.5% hit chance
4 hits = 6.25% hit chance

And so on? If so the bow would be ideal for boss farming no? o.o

FluffNStuff
11-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Sorry for double posting, it's just that I realized something and have another question about the sunblessed bow.

So the proc stacks? As in,
1 hit = 50% hit chance
2 hits = 25% hit chance
3 hits = 12.5% hit chance
4 hits = 6.25% hit chance

And so on? If so the bow would be ideal for boss farming no? o.o

That is not how the stacks work. Take a look at your hit percentage. As a bird, it is probably around 200. No say YOU got hit, after the first shot, your hit percentage would be 150%. Then after the second, yours would be 100% then 50%. The big question on whether this is effective is what is the base hit percentage of mobs / bosses in AO3. If they are like 500%, this bow would have no effect. If they were like 100-150, this bow would be devastating, as hit percentage only comes into play when it drops below 100.

MurdocX
11-06-2010, 03:23 PM
That is not how the stacks work. Take a look at your hit percentage. As a bird, it is probably around 200. No say YOU got hit, after the first shot, your hit percentage would be 150%. Then after the second, yours would be 100% then 50%. The big question on whether this is effective is what is the base hit percentage of mobs / bosses in AO3. If they are like 500%, this bow would have no effect. If they were like 100-150, this bow would be devastating, as hit percentage only comes into play when it drops below 100.

Ahhh, so let's say I went to fight the sniper on A03.2 and his hit percentage was around 500, I would have literally no effect on him. Where as if I decide to farm twink pinks, they wouldn't even get the chance to hit me if they averaged around a solid 100% hit chance, correct?