PDA

View Full Version : Selfless Smoke

Zuzeq
09-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Fellow Assassins,

I have another pro Shadow Veil tip for those who utilize the subject skill during elite Shuyal runs. Many may already know that you don't have to be standing directly "inside" SV to benefit from it. You can position yourself to "kiss" the boundary of the smoke and still get a boost if you're careful enough. Shuyal maps brings us the opportunity to pull huge mobs that if taken care if with skill can lead to much faster runs. Most of the time I use SV to protect the Warrior in the party during these big pulls and the gracefully get the heck out the way. I call this the "Selfless Smoke". I insure the Tank is covered under SV as much as possible to insure their survivalbility (note: most of the Tanks I run with don't "need" help but don't mind the extra armor/damage). Once the Tank is covered, I roam the boundary of SV laying those suckas down for a nap while still benefiting from the skill. Below are some still shots of it in action (of course I'm working that Noxbox).4256242563

@Elite Forest Breach (Pop smoke, AS, drop that Trap, AS, Work that Box and repeat(:

Bless
09-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Yeah this happened since the very beginning it is a really good range technique

Azepeiete
09-30-2013, 03:53 PM
One thing you should really add(remember to credit me ;)) is that shadow veil not only buffs you, but it debuffs the mobs inside. Lowering their attack chance, and armor. So it's a double whammy for the mobs on both sides. You're buffed, they're debuffed.

Zuzeq
09-30-2013, 04:00 PM
One thing you should really add(remember to credit me ;)) is that shadow veil not only buffs you, but it debuffs the mobs inside. Lowering their attack chance, and armor. So it's a double whammy for the mobs on both sides. You're buffed, they're debuffed.

Great point ^

katish
09-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Hm my clock is there and I'm nowehere to be seen! sneaky mage hahaha

Eeilis
09-30-2013, 11:10 PM
This has nice information on Shadow Veil, but do you know if the damage boost goes into the criticals? That would be a lot more helpful if you had a high crit %.

Zuzeq
10-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Hm my clock is there and I'm nowehere to be seen! sneaky mage hahaha

You're the lil blue dot by my mana pots...lol

Zuzeq
10-01-2013, 09:36 AM
This has nice information on Shadow Veil, but do you know if the damage boost goes into the criticals? That would be a lot more helpful if you had a high crit %.

This is the reason why Officers such as Hunnysniper are valued so much, because he would run test (or has already have) and provide a def answer. All I can do is offer an educated guess. If you are already under the influece of SV and you crit, I'd like to assume adiitional damage would be reflected than if you were not benefiting from SV.

Hnakkur
10-01-2013, 09:44 AM
i would rly like to get an invite for such a party. would be an honour and i can show if its allowed to my guildmates.

Zuzeq
10-01-2013, 10:13 AM
i would rly like to get an invite for such a party. would be an honour and i can show if its allowed to my guildmates.

Send me a friend req, IGN: Zuzeq

Hnakkur
10-01-2013, 10:36 AM
whn im at home after finishing work and singing their song for sleeping to my childs and making something to smoke :) i will add u. thx. btw i use a different built actually but i think i will spezialise it when we met ingame. i just switch to my "bogue" when im at boss but....well see u ingame :)

FluffNStuff
10-01-2013, 03:48 PM

All damage percentage adds are the last thing applied. First the initial damage is reduced by armor, then that value Crits, then the final total is increased by damage percentage.

Example:
Your AS comes out at 1000 Damage.
It is reduced to 750 by 25% Armor.
It then Crits so is 1875.
If fired in Smoke, that is increased by 15% to give a final value of 2156 damage on the target.