PDA

View Full Version : dear developers....the elusive 4 achievements

VanRah
10-01-2013, 05:53 AM
Dear developers could u please explain me why did u put the new elusive 4 achievements bosses spawning in maps where we can only farm deaths, wasting pots n don't get a single kill?!
Ty for the attention n I hope u'll enlighten me about this.
Regards

Milan Lame Man
10-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Well aren't all achievements like this?
Getting them makes your gameplay better along the way, but they aren't really meant to give you gold or kills.

VanRah
10-01-2013, 06:02 AM
Oh so u think it's rt that people hunt for them, maybe hours, n don't get a single kill?!
If u think so, well I don't.

Milan Lame Man
10-01-2013, 06:12 AM
In fact, I believe the random bosses are meant to be a pleasant surprise, not a target for hunting.
At least you can level up your pets a bit along the way.
I haven't met any of the 4, BTW. I would just like it to be something deterministic, like you are sure to meet them after killing 20 bosses in those maps or something.

VanRah
10-01-2013, 06:46 AM
I don't have any of them too n I'm not motived to hunt them if I can't gain anything from it (not even the kills....bah)

nickaizoku
10-01-2013, 07:51 AM
Well I think. Its good to have this 4 exclusive too.. if not I dunno wat im doin in games lol. So at least I can have farm achievement point too. So I think developer need add more this kind achievement. New boss new achievement. Its getting fun

VanRah
10-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Also in dl they putted these achievements, n I'd like here to be like there: kills n good loot. If not loot, gimme at least the kills for the time spent hunting them...

keikali
10-01-2013, 08:55 AM
There is a reason why its a rare spawn. If it was easy then where would the fun be in that?

I farmed for a while yesterday for Argex and nothing, do you see me create a thread about WHINE? No.

Deal with it or leave the game.

VanRah
10-01-2013, 08:59 AM
There is a reason why its a rare spawn. If it was easy then where would the fun be in that?

I farmed for a while yesterday for Argex and nothing, do you see me create a thread about WHINE? No.

Deal with it or leave the game.

I think u misread my thread...where did I say I want it easier?!
I said I want the kills if I have to spend time hunting them!
Before writing, read better next time!

chitgoks
10-01-2013, 08:59 AM
im ok with it as long as pve kill increases. havent found amrZu still. wasted hours. no pve count. sheesh

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

VanRah
10-01-2013, 09:01 AM
im ok with it as long as pve kill increases. havent found amrZu still. wasted hours. no pve count. sheesh

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly! This is what I don't like about these achievements

keikali
10-01-2013, 09:03 AM
I think u misread my thread...where did I say I want it easier?!
I said I want the kills if I have to spend time hunting them!
Before writing, read better next time!

Whoops, I did misread this and thought it was a thread about WHINE because I wanted some cheese.

I haven't noticed that kill count wasn't increasing.

drgrimmy
10-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Dear developers could u please explain me why did u put the new elusive 4 achievements bosses spawning in maps where we can only farm deaths, wasting pots n don't get a single kill?!
Ty for the attention n I hope u'll enlighten me about this.
Regards

You can get kills from farming for 3/4 of the bosses. The only one you can't get kills for is the one that spawns in the castle or tower of dead city. Just make sure you farm in skull cove and not grog beach for the first mate as for some strange reason you don't get kills at grog beach, but you get them in other levels of kraken at lvl36.

Taejo
10-01-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure these achievements aren't designed just for level capped players. Do you realize that a good majority of this game's population is not L35/36? From what I can tell, this achievement is designed to be something you aim to accomplish while leveling from 16-36 in it's entirety - and I think that's nice to have available.

Not every update for a game is strictly for end-gamers, folks.

VanRah
10-01-2013, 02:08 PM
I keep thinking that if I get a death in those maps, then I could also get the kills.
I don't like the fact one has to run a map for nothing

Taejo
10-01-2013, 02:24 PM
You can get kills from farming for 3/4 of the bosses. The only one you can't get kills for is the one that spawns in the castle or tower of dead city. Just make sure you farm in skull cove and not grog beach for the first mate as for some strange reason you don't get kills at grog beach, but you get them in other levels of kraken at lvl36.

I think it's because Grog Beach, Southern Seas, Jurn Woods and Halls of Valheim are the only maps where Bael/Krunch II don't spawn.

I keep thinking that if I get a death in those maps, then I could also get the kills.
I don't like the fact one has to run a map for nothing

I don't fully understand your complaint. You can accrue PvE kills while hunting Skratch (WT or KM), Ripper (Skull Cove or Palm Rock) and Argex (CC or Oltgar). The only one who doesn't allow you to do this is Amra-zu because he's only in the Dead City campaign. So what's the issue here?

iluvataris
10-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Your low level pets can still get exp in dead city : )

Jexetta
10-01-2013, 02:43 PM
I was going to post exactly what Iluv and Grimmy just said. Depending on your skill level, you can die on any map - that doesn't mean you should get kills just because you can die. I farmed at least 7k pve kills from doing the runs and I leveled up several pets on the maps where I couldn't get kills but pets could gain exp. There's always a way to make the best out of something.

If you cap your character, then yes there are somethings that can be redundant, but you don't need to get every achievement either. It's just a fun little boss that will sometimes pop up - it adds to the game by adding additional content that otherwise would make levels just kinda sit there and not be used as much anymore.

I enjoy developers adding twists to the old maps.

KingMartin
10-01-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm pretty sure these achievements aren't designed just for level capped players. Do you realize that a good majority of this game's population is not L35/36? From what I can tell, this achievement is designed to be something you aim to accomplish while leveling from 16-36 in it's entirety - and I think that's nice to have available.

Not every update for a game is strictly for end-gamers, folks.

I agree Tae. But as I already told you I found Skratch by coincidence when leveling twinks with my kid. We were 11 and 14 level and I can tell you, it was the worst boss ever :D

Electrocution, one hit kills, no warnings. We finally got him when we fought from the opposite sides (so that he never electrocutes both) with plat revivals in about 20 minutes I think. It was a true challenge!!!

So guys, who is bored with Shuyal bosses, grab your <15 twink and go to find Skratch in Wt3! :)

EDIT: Our gear was far from the top for that level. You never buy gear until you reach the desired level, right?

Taejo
10-01-2013, 03:41 PM
I agree Tae. But as I already told you I found Skratch by coincidence when leveling twinks with my kid. We were 11 and 14 level and I can tell you, it was the worst boss ever :D

Electrocution, one hit kills, no warnings. We finally got him when we fought from the opposite sides (so that he never electrocutes both) with plat revivals in about 20 minutes I think. It was a true challenge!!!

So guys, who is bored with Shuyal bosses, grab your <15 twink and go to find Skratch in Wt3! :)

Right, I remember you telling me that. Perhaps the devs should look into their scaling difficulty, in that case. I doubt may L15s are posting their feedback here on the forums - so its a good thing you experienced that encounter and posted it here.

Alrisaia
10-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Right, I remember you telling me that. Perhaps the devs should look into their scaling difficulty, in that case. I doubt may L15s are posting their feedback here on the forums - so its a good thing you experienced that encounter and posted it here.

i think with a balanced party it would've been different. but also consider that in those times dungeons you can't call in reinforcements... if i were my old lv 15 self and ran into this I'm afraid i may have given up...

Taejo
10-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Yep. What I essentially meant was they can look into Skratch's difficulty at L15-20 and nerf him if deemed fit. I just hate using that word :P

VanRah
10-01-2013, 07:23 PM
I don't fully understand your complaint. You can accrue PvE kills while hunting Skratch (WT or KM), Ripper (Skull Cove or Palm Rock) and Argex (CC or Oltgar). The only one who doesn't allow you to do this is Amra-zu because he's only in the Dead City campaign. So what's the issue here?

Umm ok

Zeus
10-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Umm ok

The response of somebody who just realizes he's been proven wrong. ^^