PDA

View Full Version : android update?

markus
11-06-2010, 01:36 PM
So any new news on the android beta and how it is going? Is the date of by thanksgiving still looking good or shall we just go with maybe by years end? Any tidbits are great. Feel free to pm me testers, devs, or anyone that knows anything.

Varking
11-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Not sure but I think they said on Twitter, maybe, that the new date is projected to be by the end of the year.

Futumsh
11-06-2010, 02:10 PM
There should be some more news next week - things are progressing nicely.

markus
11-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Sweet! Thanx for update

duhchi
11-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Awesome, thanks dev :)

shadywack
11-06-2010, 06:09 PM
markus, seriously asking over and over again is not needed anymore. The devs have thrown serious commitment into doing an Android version. Things will move along far more rapidly on the outside now that they have a closed beta.

I'm guessing the reason we haven't heard more is because the 1.5 update wasn't suppose to take so long to be deployed. I think they want the Android testers running the 1.5 client. Great stuff will spill over as that happens is my guess. As big of an Android fanatic I am I'm sitting patiently now that there is a serious push to go multiplatform.

reddragon72
11-06-2010, 09:14 PM
loosers, setting here all day waiting for tide bits of info.... oh wait..... that's what I'm doing to ;) LOL at self!

Varking
11-06-2010, 09:18 PM
markus, seriously asking over and over again is not needed anymore. The devs have thrown serious commitment into doing an Android version. Things will move along far more rapidly on the outside now that they have a closed beta.

I'm guessing the reason we haven't heard more is because the 1.5 update wasn't suppose to take so long to be deployed. I think they want the Android testers running the 1.5 client. Great stuff will spill over as that happens is my guess. As big of an Android fanatic I am I'm sitting patiently now that there is a serious push to go multiplatform.

I agree about the 1.5 issue. The only other MMO I play that can be played on both android and ios makes the Android users wait for updates to go to ios users first because of how random the app store updates are, while android clients are updated as soon as they are submit.

RedRyder
11-06-2010, 10:26 PM
I agree about the 1.5 issue. The only other MMO I play that can be played on both android and ios makes the Android users wait for updates to go to ios users first because of how random the app store updates are, while android clients are updated as soon as they are submit.

wow. (plans to purchase a droid device now) lol jk, but thats pretty sweet. i wonder if the game would make it to that droid tablet that came out.

duhchi
11-06-2010, 11:09 PM
I was considering getting a samsung galaxy tab for this :O Once the wifi version is a go I could be purchasing

markus
11-07-2010, 05:48 PM

Wow I havnt posted anything asking about android since......... my ban last month..... its been like 2 weeks lol
Simmer down now. And I will post what I want when I want as I've said b4 if you don't like it don't open it.

shadywack
11-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Wow I havnt posted anything asking about android since......... my ban last month..... its been like 2 weeks lol
Simmer down now. And I will post what I want when I want as I've said b4 if you don't like it don't open it.

I'm just sayin.... you're not convincing them anymore. You're preaching to the choir. They're committed to the release. As in, they have people working on it.... every day! They not only have people working on it, but they are having a pretty respectable test lined out.

imho, there will be hundreds of new players. OpenFeint games have been downloaded by the millions in their first week. Angry Birds even moreso. There's probably more opportunity in Android than in Apple's app store and StS realizes that they are gonna be cashing in on the pay dirt by being at the forefront of this type of game for Android.

So...stuff like "Is it coming soon???" when we've been flat out told around Thanksgiving, closed beta, possible open beta (not sure if I read that from a dev tho....think I did....but maybe not), and Thanksgiving or early December.

I love the enthusiasm, just ask a different question. Did you try to sign up for the beta?

duhchi
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Lord knows I'll be signing up for the open beta. I don't have an iDevice or I would have tried to get in the closed beta. STS will make a killing on this game as you said, the newer games that have been getting released are being downloaded by the millions.