PDA

View Full Version : 2013-10-01 Leaderboard Purge

H2N
10-01-2013, 04:45 PM
All timed runs from Thursday 2013-09-26 19:30:00 GMT when the bad rings were patched in, to Monday 2013-09-30 20:35:00 GMT when we fixed the rings, have been deleted, and the leaderboard has been reloaded.

If someone set a new record during that time, without using the new rings, well then they should be able to do it again.

Instanthumor
10-01-2013, 04:56 PM
If someone set a new record during that time, without using the new rings, well then they should be able to do it again.

Lol. Sad their life.

Azepeiete
10-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Lol@l15 times getting removed, because l15 rings don't exist, and nobody even made any good elite times, yet a completely, admittedly glitched arena went un fixed last season...makes sense.

Learning from mistakes(arena) I see, too bad that it wasn't like a 100 dmg that reduced your times by a full minute and a half that needed fixing.

Brb going back to wt1-4.

Avshow
10-01-2013, 05:03 PM
hauntlet and wtb1-4 records r made by l15's, not such a new ring exists on this level....just wanna say wtf.....

Derezzzed
10-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Lol@l15 times getting removed, because l15 rings don't exist, and nobody even made any good elite times, yet a completely, admittedly glitched arena went un fixed last season...makes sense.

Learning from mistakes(arena) I see, too bad that it wasn't like a 100 dmg that reduced your times by a full minute and a half that needed fixing.

Brb going back to wt1-4.

hauntlet and wtb1-4 records r made by l15's, not such a new ring exists on this level....just wanna say wtf.....

People seen to be forgetting that crystal and inferno rings were also bugged and gave more DMG plus those rings were lvl 15-26 it isn't just the pirate rings, if you got the times without the ring then you should be able to get it again no problem, resetting the boards was a great move by STS

Azepeiete
10-01-2013, 06:11 PM
People seen to be forgetting that crystal and inferno rings were also bugged and gave more DMG plus those rings were lvl 15-26 it isn't just the pirate rings, if you got the times without the ring then you should be able to get it again no problem, resetting the boards was a great move by STS

It's fine we can just do it again. And yeah, we looked, there were no rings with the insane dmg at 15(I stand corrected, there were, but not the point, nobody used em, but I guess it's back to the whole "you can do it again" thing) I'm more frustrated they do it over some petty rings, yet ignore arena completely last season. Oh well what's done is done, i guess it's better they show that they actually care about people bugging time runs, guess I gotta let arena go.(even tho we won it in the end)

Taejo
10-01-2013, 06:14 PM

It's fine we can just do it again. And yeah, we looked, there were no rings with the insane dmg at 15. I'm more frustrated they do it over some petty rings, yet ignore arena completely last season. Oh well what's done is done, i guess it's better they show that they actually care about people bugging time runs, guess I gotta let arena go.(even tho we won it in the end)

Actually, the L15 pirate/inferno rings were giving +5.8dmg raw damage stats, which made them superior to even the L15 Ensorcelled (which is a discontinued item, right?). I know this because I saw one in CS and decided to try and farm them myself to make some gold off people who make twinks. Didn't work out too well, because a) I couldn't find Ripper/Amra-zu and b) they always dropped random level rings. I did get a L16 ring off Skratch, however.

Derezzzed
10-01-2013, 06:34 PM
It's fine we can just do it again. And yeah, we looked, there were no rings with the insane dmg at 15. I'm more frustrated they do it over some petty rings, yet ignore arena completely last season. Oh well what's done is done, i guess it's better they show that they actually care about people bugging time runs, guess I gotta let arena go.(even tho we won it in the end)

Taejo beat me to it but yes Pirate/Inferno lvl 15 had 5.3-5.8 dmg

keikali
10-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Well, can't believe STS gave in to this, but feel bad for those who literally worked hard for those LB times without the rings.

Crowsfoot
10-01-2013, 06:37 PM
They fixed it this time, so leave skeletons in the closet aze. I will defend to my death this is a game, if the only thing you enjoy is the leader board you aren't playing it right.

Avshow
10-01-2013, 06:38 PM
we sure we could make it again...but waste of time trying.............

Derezzzed
10-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I will defend to my death this is a game, if the only thing you enjoy is the leader board you aren't playing it right.

^this

wowdah
10-01-2013, 07:37 PM
@crowsfoot
Records is fun to some people. Pvp is fun to some people. Farming is fun to some people. Don't hate

Azepeiete
10-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Lol didn't mean to start a fight. Buuut if it's a game I don't see how someone could play it wrong 0.o.

And sad we didn't snag any of the op l15s

Taejo
10-01-2013, 07:49 PM
And sad we didn't snag any of the op l15s

Well I see in CS the Inferno version only gives +0.9dmg now, lol.

inkredible
10-02-2013, 12:13 AM

Brb going back to wt1-4.

LOL those 7.8dmg stat make a HUGE HUGE difference comparing to clock glitched in arena ..
i mean .. lets face it aze.. Devs didnt need to reset gladiator arena when there was clock glitch..
you cleared it yourself ;) yeah i do understand the frustration tho.. time wasted.. specially when you werent even using rings!

falmear
10-02-2013, 01:38 AM
Pirate rings get OP bug so I made some nice gold. OP rings get nerfed and LB cleared. My arena LB time back to #1 only because we were lucky to get challenger in our run. What can I say its better to be lucky then good.

Haligali
10-02-2013, 02:38 AM
Pirate rings get OP bug so I made some nice gold. OP rings get nerfed and LB cleared. My arena LB time back to #1 only because we were lucky to get challenger in our run. What can I say its better to be lucky then good.

We also found challenger, but sadly it was on september 28th. (didnt used glitch ring)

Tenetra
10-02-2013, 03:09 AM
I still don't get how ALL the rings got glitch, and I wanted to actually quote a Dev that told us that epics will be slightly better this season. So I really still feel bad buying those because they really felt legit at the time but I just let it go... Now the LB is cleared?! so people used their money for faster timed runs and didnt even get to LB... it's just sad, I hope Devs can understand my point of view and could somehow give people something in return... I'm not talking about gold, maybe an imprompt event just to lift the mood...

JaytB
10-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Although I personally don't care much about lb, this sounds like a fair solution to me.

Soundlesskill
10-02-2013, 04:30 AM
Back om top of arena :b

Soundlesskill
10-02-2013, 04:31 AM

Yup yup falm lol we were just farming and wasted like 10sec on trying to invites friends haha

KingMartin
10-02-2013, 05:23 AM

Yes :)

Posted an irrelevant thread in general discussion before seeing this. Sorry for that. Good job guys.

Zethz
10-02-2013, 06:30 AM
:applause:

InvalidName
10-02-2013, 07:02 AM
:)
-

Zuzeq
10-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Never thought about putting on that ring. This is (for the lack of a better word) straight up wack....

keikali
10-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Never thought about putting on that ring. This is (for the lack of a better word) straight up wack....

100% agreed. This is unfair for the players who TRULY beat LB's fair and square without any bugged rings.

And I'm sure players are taking full advantage of the situation with the bugged rings just for a LB purge.

I am surprised STS gave in.

Jexetta
10-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Are you refunding all the people who spent platinum / money on elixirs for enhanced runs?

Serancha
10-02-2013, 05:52 PM
In the long run, losing 2 1/2 days of leaderboard times is not going to change the outcome of the season . The same people who run leaderboard speed runs, will continue to run them, and the times will get faster through the season as more, better gear gets released. There is no point leaving possibly weighted runs on and having the natural time decrease stagnated due to it. The people who have posted here may not have used them, but it is a certainty that some teams would have. Whether or not those teams set records would be impossible to know, so how else would STS deal with it?

Undim and Tower times were wiped more than once because of exploits that were found to make runs faster, and many of us had run those zones often, not even knowing there was an exploit. This is no different. I frankly don't see how the accusation of "taking advantage" is realistic, because the best teams will still end up the best at season end, many months from now.

wowdah
10-02-2013, 10:00 PM
still some worked for like 8 hours on a map and finally beat (out of skill and luck) only to have that work been taken away from them. Like, suppose i work in a job for 8 hours and get like 300 dollars, but then get that taken away.

Alfai
10-03-2013, 02:52 AM
Ppl can say they dont care bout lb.bt in some ways we all do.

Not competing does not mean bcoz its full of bs.it can also mean we are incompetent thus creating a rationale of having a niche "i dont care bout lb" and create your own small league.

As much as i agree in the reset i also disagree for those who ran without exploiting it.its just the game unfortunately.best thing community in general esp thode who hv played long is aware of who is deserving and whos not.

Im sure in the end a skilled player cn live up to his words.just saying

epicrrr
10-03-2013, 03:05 AM
well "if you've done it, you can do it again." :applause:

chorba69
10-03-2013, 03:56 AM
Thats so awesome *sarcasm* . If players need something, no matter what, new class, new balance, new items, new cap, new anything, we dont get it, or we gotta wait A LOT. If STS thinks something is not good, somethings gotta be changed, its changed in a day. C'mon STS its your fault, you made the rings, and people who spent their time, plat, real money, anything, no refund? C'mon.. Okay if u good enough, u can do it again but, people spent plat for something that never existed.. wasted* sorry

parnasofication
10-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Ring-buyer after losing gold: Meh, It's just a game.. I'll get over that couple of mill, I'll use their apology as my inspiration and lucky charm.. and at least something good came out of it. (Got top time in leaderboard yey!)

Ring-buyer after LB purge: .....oh..well..it's fine, I guess..that..that ring was overpowered anyway..and I still have their apology anyway.. I mean..I mean that should be enough right? Right?! Stop it!

*sorry can' t help but Imagine Lamarr Wilson in this situation. Check out his channel in YouTube, it might help with the recovery. :)

Dito16
10-03-2013, 08:42 AM
ready to fight... :beaten:

bhutkeyur
10-03-2013, 04:47 PM
what about pvp kills on lb? many players buy pvp kills or make char to farm pvp kills.
do u guy have reset for it? i know many famous player from lb did this.

what about pve kills in season 4 - people used autopots in camp bouder area and got thousands of pve kills.

what about people using pet bug in timed run and pvp? (use arcane of samael-dismiss pet-summon-arcane ability refreshed-use it again)

Avshow
10-04-2013, 08:39 AM
its fine,now records better

Haligali
10-04-2013, 09:32 AM
'If someone set a new record during that time, without using the new rings, well then they should be able to do it again.'

kharmel
10-04-2013, 10:55 AM
>When I get money due from hardwork, and its a CLEAN JOB, its worth it. More than satisfied.
>But when I get it even though knowing late that in a sense its DIRTY JOB( like cheated someone/something), though we made hardwork doing it,but later knows
its not clean.. I don't feel the money earned is worth it.
> though im not a timed runner, for sure, if im able to put my name on LB, il be delighted that its all FAIR AND SQUARE.