PDA

View Full Version : Revive

The Sadness
10-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Curious, do you think revive is still a necessary skill for mages and rhinos? CTF is basically dead, thanks to respawn orb, and I can't see revive's usefulness in FFA PvP as it will most likely get you killed.

Post your thoughts.

CrimsonTider
10-03-2013, 02:09 PM
It is probably worthless in FFA style PvP, but if used correctly, is still effective in CTF. All depends on your mage/rhino though and where they revive you at. I have learned that with some I wait on them and others I automatically hit respawn.

Just my opinion though.

Sheugokin
10-03-2013, 02:25 PM
I partly agree with both. I think that there are games of CTF in endgame, but only one or two every time I check. In lower levels, forget it, nobody does CTF anymore. Kinda sad. :(

Cavoc
10-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Even before the orbs revives sucked in ffa. They weren't pointless, but the odds of living when you were revived in the middle of a fight were slim. In ctf you can still pull the sneaky revive close to the enemy flag and grab it while your team holds them off. And if someone gets revived in the middle of the fight just debuff them and kill them as soon as the orb goes away. Now if you're the one getting revived just haul *** away from the fight for a few seconds, get your buffs in and gogogo.

Caiahar
10-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Even before the orbs revives sucked in ffa. They weren't pointless, but the odds of living when you were revived in the middle of a fight were slim. In ctf you can still pull the sneaky revive close to the enemy flag and grab it while your team holds them off. And if someone gets revived in the middle of the fight just debuff them and kill them as soon as the orb goes away. Now if you're the one getting revived just haul *** away from the fight for a few seconds, get your buffs in and gogogo.
I don't like it when you get beckoned while you're in orb.

At lower levels, revive is sometimes good for the secret 1 mana regen.

Roberto077
10-03-2013, 05:54 PM
I don't like it when you get beckoned while you're in orb.

At lower levels, revive is sometimes good for the secret 1 mana regen.

The mana cost of casting revive kinda kills that function.

The Sadness
10-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Interesting feedback. I've not seen any 66-71 CTF happening, I must admit it was rare before update, now non-existent. I see servers are down, *crosses fingers* for orbs disappearing.

Caiahar
10-03-2013, 06:00 PM
The mana cost of casting revive kinda kills that function.

If you're in lvls where you have mana regen, you can use rev before the fight, and the mana won't be problem.

CrimsonTider
10-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Interesting feedback. I've not seen any 66-71 CTF happening, I must admit it was rare before update, now non-existent. I see servers are down, *crosses fingers* for orbs disappearing.

When do you normally play? I play between 6-9 EST and see at least 3-4 71-73 games each night.

The Sadness
10-05-2013, 02:05 AM
Crim, I usually play 10:30 pm - 1:00 am EST. But, I more mean 66 hosted CTF than 71. I can compete 1v1 PvP endgame, however in endgame CTF I get annihilated. ;)

Seems orbs are here to stay. Maybe they'll make them red and green for the upcoming Christmas season. :D