PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION ::: Hammerjaw ~ Arcane pet ::: Statistics

Deadroth
10-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi forumers.

I am thinking about hammerjaw last days... I have read awesome guide about Samael, but i worked out, there aren't any about fabulous, but cheap (as for arcane pet) Hammyy..

I am curious that HJ damages ALL foes in it's range like Sam does? Or HJ damages only few foes.. like 5 or 4?

Thx in advance for reply :)

_____
Dead

PS. Feel free to hook in this thread wid another questions bout hj :)

Crowsfoot
10-05-2013, 12:17 AM
He damages "multiple targets" it says (its only one target at low levels if I remember correctly). It seems to be 2-3 targets so I usually use mine in PvP (typically 1v1) and boss fights only.

TuMadreee
10-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Hammerjaw sucks because he has same passive as Ripmaw as well as his attack speed is ultra slow.

Deadroth
10-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Oh thank You both for replies.

Crowsfoot
10-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Hammerjaw sucks because he has same passive as Ripmaw as well as his attack speed is ultra slow.

Uhm, false. His attack speed is same as all other pets. He has varying animation, however, so most people think he only attacks when he jumps out of the water. He has 3 different animations for when he attacks.

Taejo
10-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Excellent pet for any given situation. Passive ability is very strong; arcane ability is extremely useful for the entire party with a huge range and short cool down. HJ is very underrated only because of Samael. Highly recommend this pet for the price.

Zanpakuto
10-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Honestly all arcane pets are pretty sweet. Hammerjaw is like an offensive Sam because of group buff. Glacian would have been sweet if his buff range was larger, faster cool down and it hit more than 2 targets lol!

If you can wait it out, save up for Sam as he's the ultimate PVE pet IMO. The next arcane pet has to mind control mobs and make them fight against each other to be better than Sam

Crowsfoot
10-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Samuel- stun, modest heal, clear mobs

Hammerjaw- powerhouse pet. He is the highest single target damage output aid of any pet.

Glacian- ultimate defense. 10% armor buff with a relatively short cool down for an 8sec buff length.

---

This season every has stronger armor than any other season in ratio to mobs. The rebuffs of mobs has become greatly buffed as compared to other seasons in response. The result is bosses that are much easier than most mobs. Taking this in mind I would suggest hammerjaw strongly over glacian for all classes except rouge. He makes a very good "patch" pet, being that he helps increase damage output (I don't suggest glacian to mages because a percentage based armor buff doesn't benefit you much). Equally, glacian is a good patch pet for rouges since the extra 10% armor helps them (within reason) tank (obviously not the hardest maps. But ferix? Easily, if party has good crowd control). Out of all arcane pets Samuel is obviously the most powerful though. Hits many targets, high stun chance, heal for party, and an ability that can one-hit mobs (no argument he is the best).

Recap (arcane pets in order of best for class this season):

Tanks: Samuel, hammerjaw, glacian
Rouges: Samuel, glacian, hammerjaw
Mages: Samuel, hammerjaw, glacian

I must emphasize that Samuel benefits mages the most of any class (that heal is great when you have the least HP of any class, plus extra stun is all a mage wants) and glacian benefits mages the least of any class being that 10% armor is less than an abandon for mages. Hammerjaw (since he is primarily a rebuff pet) benefits all class roughly the same.

Taejo
10-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Who is this "Samuel" you speak of? :)

Crowsfoot
10-05-2013, 10:20 PM
That little boy next door, sells a great cup of lemonade.

Deadroth
10-09-2013, 12:16 PM
That little boy next door, sells a great cup of lemonade.

I loled :)

Waiting for future opinionss!!