PDA

View Full Version : Efficient Run Series: Kraken Mines 3 and locked crates Farming (Guide)

Alfai
10-04-2013, 02:36 AM
Kraken island is known to have slighty higher drop chance of locked crates, especially in Kraken Mines 3.
Most people would farm locked crates here.

No one enjoy running slow at KM3. Thats true so no point asking for a PT with fast run.
Not all are aware on how to run fast. No one is to blame in fact running fast doesnt mean you enjoying the experience.
An efficient run however is considering all aspects, time/resources (pots) and utilization of a class and its ability. I will share my personal experience under this series for other maps too to help other who are just starting out.

Disclaimers:

Efficient run DOESNT guarantee crates drop. That is depending on chance, which KM3 atm providing the highest drop chance compare to other maps.
Best to run with reroll elix. Stacking reroll ensure higher chance of drops. However its never a guarantee as even 75% percent reroll wont ensure a guaranteed drop.
Leprechaun amulet sometimes help. But switch it when boss health drops at 10prcnt. Equipping it the entire run slows your overall run as it drops your stats.
KM3 runs either with pt or solo again does not effect the drop chance.
To run solo, type in command window /partyi 0000

Crypt has always been the mages turf hence I enjoy running with them especially with the dmg now incresed. An ideal setup for KM3 usual runs;

1 tank, 1 rogue, 2 mages
2 rogue, 2 mages,
2 tank, 1rogue, 1 mages
all rogues
all mages

*These are just my suggestion. You can try combination of classes etc depending on who you run and knowing their strength.

1. Main Lane
Kite the mobs, pull and lure em for clash kill. Best it to have biggest group gathered at the chest corner before the first boss.
Things to note:
-You must run while attack the mobs leading up to the grouping spot. If you just run, the mobs near the starting point will not follow, thus you have to return back to kill
-This is when mages are very useful. Since their movement speed is slower, mages who run behind will help to clear the mobs at the back. So tank and rogue can charge forward
-Assuming you did not one-hit kill the necromancer and let them spawn the skeletons, you may just clear the main lane up to harley, and continue killing all the mobs for the other 2 boss to spawn (Francisca & Stone)

-Safest is just to clear the frontliners at a) the first room to right (1 or 2 mobs would do) b) the lane going to right (that leads to another room). Else you may clear the first room and charge forward without worry of the leftovers behind since you have covered the required mobs kill in the first room near entrance.
-You may skip the right lane leading to another room. No significant boss or drops there just mobs.

2. Bosses
Theres 3 bosses in KM3;
-Harley (who can give you a deadly KO. Watch out the red aura that indicating his critical strike. Just dodge it slightly and you will escape it)
-Francisca (a noob rogue archer. her attack is painful but shes kinda noob to chase you)
-Stone (cant be bothered with his full name. This boss will only chase you at certain distance before he regens and return to his spawn spot)

Guides:

When you have reached Harley, IGNORE HIM. Instead focus on clearing the mobs at the intersection here. He will follow you like Fran.
Split your party into 2, right and left room. Best to have 1 rogue for each room to kill faster.

Left should be more challenging than right as you have to kite Fran once she spawn. Lure her to the right room. She will chase you.
Group all the mobs at these area. Careful not to let Stone goes to far to the middle or he will regen and return to his spawn dot. If you use slag, the team on the right room just need to taunt him until he stop at the grouping spot, use slag panic to stun him while waiting the right team to join you.

Enjoy the feast of having all 3 bosses there. Kill quick. For rogue dop veil (charged) as the perimeter is enough to increase your dmg buff and dodge. Best to kill Stone first to prevent him for regen, followed by Harley than Francisca. (dont forget lep amu when Stone health drops to 10prcnt. It normally works for me)
Enjoy to collect your locked crates should it drops. Otherwise move on.
Use dash to exit to gate.

Time marks:
Party run: 2mins-2.5mins (running with 2 smurfs can make it faster, around 1:45mins)
Solo run: 3mins-4mins

Note: For solo run, best to kill Harley first for survivability. Otherwise, ignore him and let him chase you to the right room.

These duration will help you to maximize your reroll elix by having to incorporate many runs for 30mins.
Drop me PMs or in-game should you have further queries. Otherwise, I hope this guide help others who are struggling for KM3 runs.

Cheers.

*dev can please move this to guide section? thanks

Limsi
10-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Ahh, cool guide! I'm sure a lot know of this technique already but exposing it to others will surely educate those who do not know!
:)

Aziiii
10-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Impressive as always Alfai, after runing with experienced friends u know how it works but for those who don't it's a verry good guide :D :applause: bravooo

Desperoto
10-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Just wear ur lep, more chance for nexus and u don't have to switch when 3 bosses are attacking u

keikali
10-04-2013, 08:46 AM
I ran KM3 the other day with a Pug for a good 30 minutes since I hit elixir.

I specifically asked the leader who was a tank to invite mage/rogues since I was the other mage.

Party was Tank, Mage, Mage, Rogue. I did most of the mob gathering, each run lasted less than 2.5 minutes. Literally just wiped through the whole thing. Harley and Fran lured to Stone like you mentioned above. Alot of crates that day...not for me though <.<

GoodSyntax
10-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Great write-up Alfai! Unfortunately, PUGs generally don't get it, so we end up clearing section-by-section :-\

This tactic works great if you have a minimum of 3 in the map, but since I solo KM3 a lot, I just have to do it the old-school way.

Alhuntrazeck
10-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Nice guide! :eagerness:
I always wear lep. Because of the nexus drop as Desporoto mentioned - worth far more than crates (and possibly a few seconds of a run :p).

Spyce
10-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Nice guide! :)

Benworushi
10-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Nice!

Alfai
10-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Just wear ur lep, more chance for nexus and u don't have to switch when 3 bosses are attacking u

Its true. Except i intended to focus it on locked crates farming. but wearing lep amu in the entire run also decreases your dmg and speed.
But thanks for the tips.

Alfai
10-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Ahh, cool guide! I'm sure a lot know of this technique already but exposing it to others will surely educate those who do not know!
:)

Impressive as always Alfai, after runing with experienced friends u know how it works but for those who don't it's a verry good guide :D :applause: bravooo

thanks huns.but i sometime went with random youd be surprised

Crowsfoot
10-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Why are all these guides in "AL general discussion"? there is an entire forum labeled "AL player guides"

ilmf
10-05-2013, 12:26 AM
Exactly how I've been running KM3. Nice guide! It's funny though when I get in with a party who doesn't work this way I end up dying or worse it takes forever 4-5 min to complete.

Using this method I've been pulling a lot if crates. Lep + loot re-roll helps a ton. Also it seems to me that I have to run in a party with 4 about 2-3 times then the crates start dropping :-)

IGN: Otahaanak

Limsi
10-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Why are all these guides in "AL general discussion"? there is an entire forum labeled "AL player guides"

Oh, only moderators have the ability to put up approved guides there. So anyone who wishes to have their guides included in the section, would have to first be approved by a moderator :)

Alfai
10-05-2013, 01:39 AM

try posting a thread from there pro

Zanpakuto
10-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I swear, km3 farming is more profitable than elite farming

Xstealthxx
10-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Gj alfie

Aserockon
10-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Very helpful guide :)

But the truth is that I never ever got even a single crate at km3
Ive tried alooooot of times but no luck :/
I have tried it with lepre + elixir too

Haligali
10-08-2013, 03:32 AM
I swear, km3 farming is more profitable than elite farming

And the only place, where i buy combo elix. 60 min with 70% luck=usually ~20 or more lockeds.

Alfai
10-08-2013, 03:36 AM
And the only place, where i buy combo elix. 60 min with 70% luck=usually ~20 or more lockeds.

Hali is always Bill Gates hahaha. Agree, combo and stack rerolls ensure more drops in 1 run.

Haligali
10-08-2013, 03:43 AM
Hali is always Bill Gates hahaha. Agree, combo and stack rerolls ensure more drops in 1 run.

No, i'm not. I buy only when plat sale, and always look at where is worth to spend. :)

Alfai
10-08-2013, 04:18 AM
No, i'm not. I buy only when plat sale, and always look at where is worth to spend. :)

Im constantly broke during plat sales how unfortunate.but i agree hal this is where i would invest plats on elixs as it does give value to your spending.
Problem with elite having elix on is either bad party or bad ping causing longer runs.km3 shud be good not just for starters.

Aziiii
10-09-2013, 05:13 AM
Im constantly broke during plat sales how unfortunate.but i agree hal this is where i would invest plats on elixs as it does give value to your spending.
Problem with elite having elix on is either bad party or bad ping causing longer runs.km3 shud be good not just for starters.

Yup yup i always invest in elix, it's a sure win in km3 And most of all if u have a good team 2 run with with
......ohhh and the ping..green ping is a must! and some good music to get youre mood on farming ahahah

Primeblades
10-22-2013, 02:22 PM
I have a question! Can you stack luck elixers? Cause i know you can stack luck elixer with lepre but people are talking about 70% luck so im assuming you can stack luck elixers together is that correct?

Hectororius
10-22-2013, 07:27 PM
You can stack the combo elixer, lep and regular elixer for the 70%.

Primeblades
10-23-2013, 04:49 PM
You can stack the combo elixer, lep and regular elixer for the 70%.

Ok that helps alot thx man! Also i think its 65% percent not 70% is that correct? Cause 25% plus 25% = 50% plus 15% = 65% ;) i know you all are admiring my awesome adding skills but i dont have time to sign my sig for ya XD jk im just having some fun! Anyway its 65% percent unless combo elix isnt a regular 25%

Haligali
10-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Ok that helps alot thx man! Also i think its 65% percent not 70% is that correct? Cause 25% plus 25% = 50% plus 15% = 65% ;) i know you all are admiring my awesome adding skills but i dont have time to sign my sig for ya XD jk im just having some fun! Anyway its 65% percent unless combo elix isnt a regular 25%

I dont remember the correct post, but if im right, then you can stack only different percent lucks, two 25% dont stack, so in math 2x25%=25%.

You can stack only the 25% luck+15% lepre=40%, or 30% combo luck+25% luck+15% lepre=70%.